Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

eh, up yours with a pogo stick "m16a2m203" tounge_o.gif

im not a perfectionist. perfectionists are ppl who are in dire need of therepy. im a good enoughist. i do things good enough and then im happy.  smile_o.gif

just got done testing Y2K3 + DxDll. im in love  biggrin_o.gif

this new GeForce FX 5200 rocks  biggrin_o.gif

ok now i go sleep for 5 hours, wake up and OFP some more

First of all let me thank Pappy for making this wonderful mod. I haven't played ofp for more than a year, and this mod 'renewed' it for me. So thanks!

I do have a question though: is there a way that I can use the default explosions / effects and just change the unit skins? Because using the explosion effects in the mod and all the extra scripts lags my computer horribly. I did try downloading and using the cpu friendly config, but after I installed that the effects just don't show. Eg: no tank dust, no explosions, no fires, no smoke.

Thanks in advance!

i havnt done a CPU freindly version for this last release crazy_o.gif i suppose if we bug benus enough he might do it for us tounge_o.gif

other then make a cpu freindly version of the config (which i wouldnt know which effects to cut and leve cuz i love them all tounge_o.gif ) i really dont know what i could do to help

ok ok ok ok. geeze o man. crazy_o.gif

for all the rzn_pilot obsessed stalker type people

(8.27 MB) Pilot & Raft Patch (8.27 MB)

Patchs the pilot and the raft to use the rzn_pilot for the Su25 and the A10(s)

and updates the raft.pbo so that if a boat, or USCG helo flys close enough to the

downed pilot (in water) the pilot will automaticly be brought aboard in the cargo of the ship.

Edit: i edited the rzn_pilot to use the pilot raft if you bail out over water. ok?

now please for the love of god dont ask for anything else crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif i need a break here people blues.gif

Sorry for buggin you with the pilots Pappy

You have done a great job with the Y2k3 project.

Now get some sleep biggrin_o.gif

That's an order! biggrin_o.gif

Pappy,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful job!

I like the v5.0 Russia soldiers, can you tell me how to edit config.cpp in order to change the soldier back to v5.0 ones?

If possiable, can you show me how to replace us soldiers with uk or french ones? Tanks! smile_o.gif

Pappy one more thing...I tried changing model paths to some trucks I want in the game.When I did I tried to test it out in game but the game went crazy and sent me an error message "Y2K3/cfg/ no entry cfg worlds" I about called in the marines to come and fix it but instead I decided to through another reply to your great mod thread.

Can you tell me whats wrong?

BTW:The tut on puting your own music made perfect sense...never seen a better tut now I am running across nogova scaring all the russians out of there nests with some pantera cowboys from hell.

about changing the Russian soldiers all you have to do is block the current model paths (the icp ones) and unblock the old one.

the old one one model worked for EVERYONE

//model="\SUCHrus\SUCHr_rifle";

model="\icp_inf\icp_inf2";

the officer, sniper, and soldier were the only 3 models used. now theres a differnt model for each soldier. so u will need to // the icp_ ones and un // the suchrus line.

@the trucks: i hope your using my editable config and not a debined one (that u manualy debined). chaning the model path alone shouldnt affect anything else

*drinks dew*peh ew *coughhh*

oops

ehh what debined?????????

omg your telling me that you have 6 copies of the same config?! in diferent things??!?! omg that meens I need psyciological help and help understanding what you meen

no w8 dont answer me I found the problem " }; to close together crazy_o.gif )

OK please don't jump down my throat or anything, but I've been fiddling around with the editable config, changing the Russian infantry models and loadouts,etc... But the editable config is different to the one I am using at the moment, I'm using the experimental one you released before this final version you just released, and was wondering where I could get the editable version of the experimental Y2K3?

Cheers in advance blues.gif

Ah understandable, no worries. Can I get an editable version of the current config without the hefty 300+mb download please?

Same here please, the bloody download kips on stoping due to "unexpected server response", Damm dawnload accelerator crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

@CERO

Same here please, the bloody download kips on stoping due to "unexpected server response", Damm dawnload accelerator crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

@CERO

i got 4 lines surely one of them works with a d-a

about the editable config.

no i refuse to share it with anyone who doesnt want to use my mod  tounge_o.gif

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/files/Y2K3%20Final%206.0.cpp

if you release your stuff to the public i expect a lil credit mmkay?  smile_o.gif

Pappy.

goodjob man.

Thanks for the tutorials showing me how to edit your great config.

Thanks for the config.

And Here come the questions...

When AEON releases his resistance,guns,and campaign are you going to change the resistance's way of life?

When RHS throw us a couple of infantry guys and spets naz will you replace the current pack with that one?

Done thanks again dude

Quote[/b] ]When AEON releases his resistance,guns,and campaign are you going to change the resistance's way of life?

This is OT, but, is the fia mod still being made? I though it had died sad_o.gif

Pappy.

goodjob man.

Thanks for the tutorials showing me how to edit your great config.

Thanks for the config.

And Here come the questions...

When AEON releases his resistance,guns,and campaign are you going to change the resistance's way of life?

When RHS throw us a couple of infantry guys and spets naz will you replace the current pack with that one?

Done thanks again dude

naa. edges stuff looks nice. and INQ's weapons are just as equaly nice and fitting.

besides you now know how to change the stuff yourself. so you can make minor tweaks like that. i request that you NOT edit the kiling power of the weapons nor you edit the armor of the units. this way, should someone make a Y2K3 MP server then when you join up you wont be at a disatvantage. wink_o.gif

Thanks Pappy, U da man!! biggrin_o.gif

I'm working on a winter configuration, but I'm wayting for a cuple of addons to be released, well more than a cuple really.

I was going to kip it for personal use, but if I see that its nice enought I'll release it, full mind blowing credits to you included biggrin_o.gif

Thanks mate.

@CERO

Hey thanks Pappy, but my edits are purely for personal use, unless someone is interested in them.

Ok pappy AEON is making the same thing as edge made.

Edge said to me that he was going to wait until AEON released his stuff so he can get compatibility.

Like AEON resistance,weapons,campaign + the same thing only retextured = early release of the retextured.

So I guess you can thank me for pushing him to a release wink_o.gif

Perhaps this is OT, but I posted it here because in the previous version of y2k3 the night vision 'noise' was cleared and you had a larger field of vision. When I updated to the current version it reverted back to the fuzzy, tight field of vision night vision goggles of BIS's ofp. I was wondering if there is any way I could change it back to the cleared noise version. Thanks!

Perhaps this is OT, but I posted it here because in the previous version of y2k3 the night vision 'noise' was cleared and you had a larger field of vision. When I updated to the current version it reverted back to the fuzzy, tight field of vision night vision goggles of BIS's ofp. I was wondering if there is any way I could change it back to the cleared noise version. Thanks!

use your old llaumax installer.

in the current installer the fuzzy noise stuff is used for dxddl special effects.. if you´d use the clear (night_sum.0*.paa from inq) texture dxdll won´t recognize it and you miss out on effects.

a workaround to have still good vision is using the fdf mod but this again doesn´t work with y2k3.... you got to set priorities wink_o.gif

Hei All!

I was woundring how do I change the NVG in Y2K3?

I'am running Y2K3 + Lummax-h2o + dxdll.

Here my nvg now sad_o.gif I like to have Full view NVG, and how?

NVG.jpg

old llumax installer

install that, but deleted out the moreanim things for the water (so u will retrain kegs reflective water) then run it. that will install the ING nvg model and textures. but the dxdll effects wont work with it

which in my opinion. the INQ ones with the clear veiw is much more realistic then kegs "burned image" when movin the nvg's around, ive owned a vew NV goggles and scopes (well 2) and neither one of them "blured" or "burned" the images. so i have no idea where he got the notion that was realistic. oh wait i know. TV cameras with nv does that. but then again they have the cheap shit so whatya expect tounge_o.gif