Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Good job Pappy. I have been away for August so I haven't had a chance to try the "final" but when I get back later this month I will have a much faster cpu and I'll really be able to test this sucker out!

Remember, you can please some people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time. I think you've done well to make the majority of people very satisfied with this mod. You stuck to your guns and refrained from making every change suggested yet were willing to add something new if it made sense.

Now that you're done, if someone wants some new unit or weapon switched you can just redirect them to the instructions on how to do it your f*%#&ing self!

Pappy can you make small config where y2k3 water splash effect is replaced by default one ?? sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Pappy can you make small config where y2k3 water splash effect is replaced by default one ??

lol give the guy a break.. he said he'l be out of it for the meantime..

im not askin pappy to add in anything just have a config question

Im not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to replace islands in anyway, i had a few in mind ie replacing:

kolgujev with keg's nogojev, replacing everon with the one redone with resistance objects, and replacing malden with an island called maldova.

i know its simple to replace the ones redone with resistance objects, but what about the other ones?

Funny thing its that I'm making a winter configuration, and apart of Nogova, I got replacements for the other islands, but I'm not sure how to do it.

We may need an installer like the Kegetys one to replace textures, but I think we are going to have to modifie the worlds folder.

Its that suported in the mod folders aswell or not?

@CERO.

Pappy i've been getting very low frame rates in a few single player missions despite having a p4 3gigg and a raddy 9800! Then i remembered a guy called drax about twenty pages back coming up with a solution,he deleted the line engine=if(_thisselect1)then}(_this select0)extra""1GMRhelidust,sqs"}, I looked through the final cpp and the line is still in their so i deleted it and now i am getting decent frame rates!

All you done its delete the helidust script funcion from the configuration.

Them particles can take some cpu usage if used widelly.

Have a few choppers landing in the same mission at the same time and your game will slow down to hell biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

I still get chopper dust! on page 80 the guy drax explains things and i think pappy agreed that was the problem and took out the line in the betas! Then again i might be wrong,think i'll wait for the main man to explain things ps @cero thanks anyway

alright one at a time here people tounge_o.gif

replacing the default islands should be simple enough as to replace the wrp file with the new one. i did that with INQ's desert island. . . however many many many many missions (both MP and SP) wont be compatable with the new islands.

the M249 sight is in the c8x.pbo i used the M249 (model and all) from the USMC pack

@low fps and GMR helidust: i just checked and looks like your right, i did miss one line. before i added it to all the helos. and when i deleted it i seemed to have mised the base class one. so my applogies there. if you are experiance low frame ratage due to that. open up the editable config and search for "helidust" and just delete that line and ur good. my applogies.

@ water spash effect: no tounge_o.gif seriously thou, it does look stupid when u shoot the water with an M16. . . but the fact of the matter is you dont often shoot at the water with a rifel or small arms. i spent about 2 hours of tweaks to get it to that for helo and plane users. for instance....

look closely infront of the boat.

boats1.jpg

same for when helos shoot the water. it looks so much more relistic when your strafing and u see the water kick up high. . . if it was default u wouldnt see anything. and since u cant have 2 water splashs. . . i opsted for the air to water combat type splashs.

Is the Y2K3 mod still using the default effect for bullet impacts on water? Try using the following instead of the default -

Quote[/b] ] class CraterWater : CraterDustSmall

{

access=3;

interval=0.500000;

cloudletAlpha="0.6 + random 0.4";

cloudletDuration=0.300000;

cloudletAnimPeriod=2;

cloudletGrowUp=0.3

cloudletFadeIn=0;

cloudletFadeOut=0.200000;

cloudletAccY=-10;

cloudletMinYSpeed=-100;

cloudletMaxYSpeed=100;

cloudletShape="cl_water";

cloudletColor[]={0.9,0.9,0.9,0};

size="0.16 + random 0.04";

sourceSize=0.020000;

};

That's the one I use in my mod. More visable, and looks more real, in my opinion.

Is the Y2K3 mod still using the default effect for bullet impacts on water? Try using the following instead of the default -
Quote[/b] ] class CraterWater : CraterDustSmall

{

access=3;

interval=0.500000;

cloudletAlpha="0.6 + random 0.4";

cloudletDuration=0.300000;

cloudletAnimPeriod=2;

cloudletGrowUp=0.3

cloudletFadeIn=0;

cloudletFadeOut=0.200000;

cloudletAccY=-10;

cloudletMinYSpeed=-100;

cloudletMaxYSpeed=100;

cloudletShape="cl_water";

cloudletColor[]={0.9,0.9,0.9,0};

size="0.16 + random 0.04";

sourceSize=0.020000;

};

That's the one I use in my mod. More visable, and looks more real, in my opinion.

no im using a modified version of what you had. ECP's was about a mile high and not visable for the most part, yours was a bit too small for my liking so i modified it to be a bit bigger

defualt is like this _

yours is like this _|___

looks nicer when strafing boats. smile_o.gif

i know you said you wouldnt work on this anymore, but how about a quick patch, to fix that helidust low fps thing?

cheers

.sub

you already have the editable config. just open it up with notpad. find "helidust" delete that entire init line rebin using cpp 2 bin from ofp.info and your done smile_o.gif

Hey Pappy, just logging in to say GRATZ!!! on finishing up Y2K3. I've been busy fighting mutants in the tropics and visiting Mars, but I always fall back to OpFlash. Can't wait to give your finaly-final-finalized-uber-mod a go! It's the only way to play...

biggrin_o.gif

is it possible to remove new blood effect(i like the old one tounge_o.gif )

uhh you mean teh blood spatter when u shoot someone? u liked the pink puddle that took an hour to form instead? crazy_o.gif

ECP has the option to turn it off. . .but i cant see how anyone could like that badly textured pink blob over realistic blood spaters crazy_o.gif

Sometimes when you are riding around in your hummvee with some pantera:5 minutes alone and you see 5 spets naz running towards you and you pop out of your car and naw em away with your M60 with blood flying all over the place and when when you hear phil on pantera screaming "fucking shoot him!" you just go completely insane you open your drour on the computer desk and grab the glock and kill the dog.

Sometimes its good to turn off the blood effect after a rough day at the office wink_o.gif

Pappy, yes, you know, I finally managed to download it and test it and make a mess of your configuration, mate, good job.

I have to say that I'm impress.

blues.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Well, i dont think what old blood is very realistic but then i shoot someone (in the game) from about 200m away, i can see did i hit it. New blood effect is visible only from close range. wink_o.gif

I have to say again - combined with dxdll from feersum and kegetys - this is really a marvelous enhancement for ofp.

Finally people get to know lots of great new addons that, without this mod/upgrade, would be unreachable for people new to ofp or people not able or willing to make missions on themselves. Downloadable custom missions rarely use that amount of custom addons and are that balanced.

The only thing I'm missing now is a readme or thread where the guys with lower spec computers can look for tweaks and advices to get this awsome mod decently running.

A friend of mine has a very low end rig (P3 800MHz, 384 MB RAM, GF4MX440 - he doesn't use dxdll of course) and has an average framerate of 2-5 fps with Y2K3. Usually we can have great battles online as ofp is really nicely scalable on the graphics side but Y2K3 it is not an option for him at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for help on this personal issue but I think a mod of this importance has to have a serious troubleshooting or faq for the low end computers. This thread has already over 100 pages and the search function of this forum doesn't point to single pages or single posts.

This is not for me (as I have a real nuclear weapon under my desk that runs OFP, Y2K3 and dxdll without any problem in the highest settings imaginable), this is for the fellows that can't afford to upgrade their rig at the time being.

Thanks again for this mod, Pappy.

BTW, has anyone tried Y2K3 with MFCTI?

you bring up a good point on lower end machines. i have a P4 1500 MHz, 256mb of ram, a GeForce FX 5200. with Y2K3 i get between 7 and 20 fps (7 is the lowest playable number). (dxdll with reflective water ofers no slowdown except in humungous missions and when u turn it off u only gain 3fps)

now i assume his OFP is tweaked to no more then a 1024 x768x32 resolution with view distance at or lower then 800.

now i know the smoke/clouds kinda suck with this, but try running the game at 16 bit (via the resolution menu before starting up) it will really help frame rates. and the only thing that sucks about 16bit is the clouds and smoke look "weird" but it will drasticly help frame rates.

my last release benus made a cpu freindly version taking out alot of scripts like from the BAS helos and ECP effects. but honestly, is that what the mod is all about realy? cool addons and killer effects? rock.gif

for right now the only thing i can suggest is my previous post about using the editable config and deleting the line for GMR\helidust. (use the notepad search function and find 'helidust' and delete the entire init line) and runn your game @ your current resolution changing it to x16 instead of x32

i know what its like not being able to upgrade. it took me 3 years to finnaly get a new gfx card (gf2 was my old one) and now i could use a smidgen more ram. but ram is very expensive. ..which personaly i dont get how a peice of plastic no bigger then my finger is worth $100 to $300 a peice crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]my last release benus made a cpu freindly version taking out alot of scripts like from the BAS helos and ECP effects. but honestly, is that what the mod is all about realy? cool addons and killer effects? rock.gif

rock.gif

well well nevermind PAPPY version 6.0 with the pilots pacth works absolut perfect !

I already tried with deleting the helidust line and it had no effect, still unplayable he sais. With the 16bit issue I'm not sure if he already runs it with that, I'll have to check that. You mentioned benu made a cpu friendly version. Is it somewhere downloadable?

For MFCTI (coop) with Y2K3, I have tried it once or twice but I haven't really tested it seriously. Just loaded both mods with no errors, everything was working, all effects and addons there - really great! The AI Commander did his job, me and the other AI Groups were running over the island, captured one or two towns but I haven't checked further if the upgrades work with the Y2K3 vehicles etc. We, my friend with the low spec rig and I are new to MFCTI (coop version), so we're not the best choice for testing the two mods particularly running them with superlag caused by one participant with 2-5 fps. I think we play plain MFCTI till he gets an upgrade in the next two months.