Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Mmmm cant wait till the final ver is released!

I hope it aint a beta smile_o.gif

I hope its a D/L this and your set smile_o.gif

final will have 3 installers, now i will make one that updates the few files needed for final for the 56kers . . .but i would reccomend that you uninstall and reinstall the final Y2K3 just to be on the safe side

Final Version will be like this:

Main Installer [est 250 (to) 300 megs] (install this first, holds the brunt of the needed files)

BAS Installer [133 mb] (install this second, holds all known bas addons to be installed)

Extra File Installer [89 kb] (install this last, installs the ecp scripts into an @ecp folder to fix the missing script errors)

and thats all that will be needed, individual download links will be removed as not to cause confusion

final will have 3 installers, now i will make one that updates the few files needed for final for the 56kers . . .but i would reccomend that you uninstall and reinstall the final Y2K3 just to be on the safe side

Final Version will be like this:

Main Installer [est 250 (to) 300 megs] (install this first, holds the brunt of the needed files)

BAS Installer [133 mb] (install this second, holds all known bas addons to be installed)

Extra File Installer [89 kb] (install this last, installs the ecp scripts into an @ecp folder to fix the missing script errors)

and thats all that will be needed, individual download links will be removed as not to cause confusion

Sorry to ask this, I have read about 47 pages of this thread and I'm too tired to carry on. I have a real stupid newb question.

Do this installers have all needed addons in them? (BAS,CSLA,HYK,...)

Do we need to download more?

If so, can you post the links to all needed addons (I am sorry to ask this of you but i became really confused) and the latest cfg files?

Otherwise great work PB and I am again apologizing for any stress I may have caused you sad_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Pappy I have one question where in your config can I find where you got the guns to use the smoke effects when fired? (M16 and AK's) ect.

Pappy I have one question where in your config can I find where you got the guns to use the smoke effects when fired?  (M16 and AK's) ect.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class WeaponCloudsMGun : WeaponCloudsGun

{

access=3;

cloudletDuration = 1.5; // time to live (not including fades)

cloudletAnimPeriod = 0.4; // animation speed

cloudletSize = 2.0;

cloudletAlpha = 0.7;

cloudletGrowUp = 0.25; // grow-up time

cloudletFadeIn = 0.01; // fade-in time

cloudletFadeOut = 1.5; // fade-out time

cloudletAccY = 0.4; // vertical acceleration

cloudletMaxYSpeed = 0.8;

cloudletShape = "missileSmoke";

cloudletColor[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 0.25};

interval = 0.04;

size = 1.2;

sourceSize = 0.2;

timeToLive = 0.1;

initT = 40;

deltaT = -30;

class Table

{

class T0 {maxT = 10; color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0};}

};

};

thats what i edited. that changes the smoke on ALL the gunsfrom hard mounted to handheld.  smile_o.gif

Edit: no more then 2 more posts in this topic. . . i want page 100 to announce the final smile_o.gif

by the way the final version will have some big surprises in it. not too much in effects and changes but im sure you will be excited smile_o.gif

...Pappy m8, one more stupid question..

were i can find default <<with defaults model paths>> config.cpp and resourse.cpp(if i need one)...to use it without mod folder (like to be in Operation Flashpoint\BIN folder) ?

thx

by the way the final version will have some big surprises in it. not too much in effects and changes but im sure you will be excited smile_o.gif

what suprises ? biggrin_o.gif

Updated: 8/08/04

Release Version 6.0 - Final

Proudly I Present:

Y2K3Sig.jpg

Operation Flashpoint Year 2003 Version 6.0

*.*.*.*.* Pappy Boyingtons Y2K3 Total Conversion Mod *.*.*.*.*

(3/24/04 - 8/08/04)

Full list of changes in current version: 6.0

West Side

* Infantry -> HYK soldier

* Sniper -> HKY sniper with M24SWS and Colt M1911

* Sniper (Anti-Material) added in with M82 and Colt M1911

* Black Op -> BAS Delta Soldier

* Black Ops renamed to Speical Forces & Special Forces (Day)

* Speical Forces (Day) equiped with G36SD all Special Forces equiped with silenced mk23 pistols

* Speical Forces equiped with M4SOPMod SD

* M60 (tank)-> SIG M-60A3

* M1A1 -> SIG M1A2

* 5T truck -> Marfy's 5t truck

* 5T open -> marfy reskin

* UH60MG -> BAS HH60G pavekhawk (all scripts and animations retained and renamed in editor to "HH60G (mg)")

* UH60-> BAS MH60G grey pavekhawk (all scripts and animations retained and ffars kept in weapon loadout for compatibility and renamed in editor to"MH60G (ffar)")

* AH1 -> COG AH1

* A10 -> Oyman / INQ A10

* A10(LGB) -> Oyman / INQ A10

* M113 -> Combat M113A3

* M163 -> INQ M163

* AH64 -> custom AH64D Longbow

* Grenadier equiped with 203 vest

* Machine Gunner equiped with M249

* Laser Designator -> AN/PEQ-1 (from BAS)

* OH58 -> BAS OH58

* M2A2 -> Rudedog's M2A2ODS

* Carl Gustave changed to M87 Dragon

* Pilots -> BAS Soar Pilot Model with visor, face mask, and nvg options retained.

* JeepMG -> INQ's HTTV.

* HMMWV -> fischkopps OD canvas/camo humvee

* JeepMG and Humvee have MUCH better off road capibilies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resistance Side

* Infantry -> edge's retextured resistance

* PS3V -> Zil 130 (covered camo)

* PS3V Fuel -> Zil 130 (fuel)

* T-55 -> RHS T-54

* T-72 -> Sig T72cz

* T-80 -> Sig T80BV

* UAZG -> CSLA GAZ69

* Grenadier equiped with 6 nades also accepts gp25 vest

* LAW soldier equiped with RPG7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East Side

* Infantry -> ORCS Motorized Infantry

* Sniper -> Suchey & Earl Russian naval infantry machine gunner

* Spetsnaz -> Suchey & Earl Russian naval Spetsnaz (recon)

* SVD -> ORCS SVD

* Crew -> RHS crew

* T-72 -> SIG T-72B

* T-80 -> SIG T-90s

* PK -> PK Replaced with VITPKM

* Ural -> CSLA Ural

* UAZ -> CSLA UAZ

* bmp1 -> CSLA bmp1

* bmp2 -> CSLA bmp2

* spetznaz now carries such/earl silenced ak74su

* grenadier now equiped with gp25 nade vest

* ak sights -> suchy/earl ones

* repair truck -> Zil 131 repair

* M2(east) -> vit's Kord

* Mi24 has retractable gear

Civilian Side

* Ps3V -> Zil 130 (open flatbed)

* Sportscar changed to BlackBarrons 69 Corvette

* Bike -> Dawg

* Cars have CD Players (with 14 pre-set songs) and better off road capibility

Other Misc Changes

* Snipers have 10 slots avilable now

* Burst fire mode removed from AK-74 & AK-47 for realism's sake

* Bodies explod upon direct hit with rocket or if too close to something that does explode Example

* Blood, flies,AT backblast, and other misc ECP effects enabled again

* "plane" name changed in editor to Cessna 182

* All optics are also changed to suchy-earl / benus

* All Weapons Replaced with INQ's (except the svd, pkm, pistols and AA/AT weapons)

* BIS launched grenade now uses only 1 slot

* Compass changed to WGL one

* Pilots have life vests in case they bail out over water

* Pistol Sights and Sounds replaced by better more realistic ones.

* extra fire from missles and rockets (helo launched)

I may of missed a few things, matter of fact I KNOW i missed some things on the list. but I assure you that "total conversion" means just that. total conversion. everything is changed.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Unofficaly Offical Stuff:

ECP- for the base config and effects

BAS- for the H60s, OH58, Soar Pilots, Soar Crew, and Delta units

RHS- for the T55 and crew

HEP- for the M82

INQ- for the weapons pack, the HTTV, and A10 textures

BOH- for the AH64D model

CSLA- for the BMP1, BMP2, Ural, UAZ, UAZG, Mi17, Mi24 (special thanks to Maa for not putting a contract on my life for making edited versions)

Marfy- for the M925 5ton truck skins

WWIIEC- for the Colt 1911 .45 pistol

Sigma6- for the T55, T72, T72cz, T80BV, and T90 models

VIT/AKM74- for the PKM and the Kord models and textures

Combat- for the M2A2, M113, and HEMTTs

Vitja3000- for his effects pack

Hyakushiki- for his US 2003 era soldier models

Our Weapons - for the ZIL truck pack

Suchey & Earl- for the east units and weapon sights, nade vests as well as the RPG16

Oyman- A10 Models

ORCS- russian infantry

****Users****

Fighter: thanks for suggesting using Edges Retextured Resistance fighters, and for the webspace for the mod

Ziro: thanks for suggestiong the Such russian naval infantry for the east units

Mr Zig: thanks for noticing the cpp error with the east officer, and for suggesting a big pack (soon to be installer)

Smogmorph: thanks for noticing the first of the missing addons errors

Major Fubar: thanks for suggesting INQ's A10, also thanks for adding my reply to the locked topic about my so called racsist watermelon launcher lol

VALKYRIE: thanks for suggesting the use of the CSLA urals, BMPs, and UAZs

BAM: thanks for noticing the ECP effects were AWOL

Quicksand: thanks for suggesting the use of the S&R auto rifelman model for the east sniper

The wolf: thanks for stickin with me as long as you did and reporting as many bugs as possible

Empath: thanks for suggesting i change the sports car

Jotte: thanks for finding the "missing addons: throwkok" error

MSpencer: thanks for suggesting i change the M82 sniper to different weapon

Lpdotcom: thanks for noticing the SR25 bug first

Triumph: thanks for noticing the vulcan was a seperate pbo, and suggesting kegs RPG7 for resistance

Unhappy Customer: thanks for suggesting the wgl nvg's, also for the updated everon

Muju: thanks for noticing that i put the wrong vette and rpg in the orginal full mod pack

Kuba: thanks for suggesting the BAS soar crew for tank crews. BIG thanks for that one, and for posting the fix for the res BMP, and for finding the AK47cz bug

Rishon: thanks for noteing that the AI cant use the javilin which i almost used

Konyak-2: thanks for listing the missing addons from the full mod pack

Billybob2002: thanks for suggesting the ODS version of the bradly pack and the T90 for the russians instead of the resistance

NetWalker: thanks for noticing the satchel charge bug with the US spec ops

Resev: thanks for joining the forums just to talk to me :P

Mr Burns: thanks for the upcoming final installer that you found for me

DiabloTerror: I'd like to thank you for finding all the bugs i cant fix. and for your evil possesed satanic OFP version that haunts me with all your bugs. damn your game to hell!!! lol im joking but you know i have to tease you and your evil game from hell

Benus: thanks for making a no exploding bodies version, a custom effectpack.pbo, finding the RPG problem for the east, getting the codes for the res tanks, for making promo pics, for the AK and PK rifel sights, as well as all the new pistol sights, and prolly a million other things im missing

Contribtors of Pistol Sights:

da12thMonkey

Silver Falcon

ixnaymu9

Gordy

WIPMAN

Placebo: for his contunited support and help on the topic and such. thanks man!

For Anyone I Missed: thank you for sticking with the mod during its long strenuious beta phases, for the compliments, words of encouragment, and support. it really means alot to me to see the words of encouragment boosting my spirts enough to move to a new version.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Installation Instructions:

Installation:

Step One : Patch your game up to 1.96 ( Patchs found here )

Step Two : Download and install the Y2K3 Main Installer and Y2K3 Extra File Installer.

Step Three : shut down any memory hogging programs like messengers, explorer windows, and internet windows.

Step Four : Then Run the main installer (this will take awhile, be patiant). the default install path should be correct. if you need to modify it, then find your Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\ Directory, and add \Y2K3 after it to install this into a Y2K3 mod folder

Step Five : Run the Extra File Installer, once again the install path should be correct but if you need to change it this NEEDS to be installed into a new mod folder called @ECP

Step Six : Go to your Y2K3 mod directory and look in the Bin\ OFPY2K3 sub folder for a premade exe file. if you use game of the year of perhaps the exe path is wrong. then edit your current (working) exe to launch Operation Flashpoint Resistance and change the "target line by adding " -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;Y2K3 " (without the quotes) to the end of the Target line.

Step Seven : go to your Res/Addons and Addons folders (the default addon folders, NOT Y2K3 one). find and remove/backup the addons named: BMP2, KOLO, Vulcan, Su25, G36a, Apac, XMS,Vulcan,OH58, M2A2, LaserGuided, kozl. place these addons in an unread Backup folder or delete them entirely. Y2K3/Addons have better and more improved addons that will be used instead of those ones. LEAVE ALL OTHER BIS ADDONS ALONE!

Step Eight : Test out your new and improved Operation Flashpoint Resistance.

Check the Y2K3 Total Conversion site for installation instructions for the llumax installer too. (important information link on the front page)

*-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-*

Check site for downloads

Operation Flashpoint: Y2K3

Head on over to my site grab the mod!

Full Mod 358 MB plus the needed extra file installer 89 kb

I'd post the links here but that would take the joy out of visiting my site  biggrin_o.gif

OFP: Y2K3 Website <- incase you missed it  tounge_o.gif

PS: new site color scheme, bit easier on the eyes this time  wink_o.gif

Edit:

(8.27 MB) Pilot & Raft Patch (8.27 MB)

Patchs the pilot and the raft to use the rzn_pilot for the Su25 and the A10(s)

and updates the raft.pbo so that if a boat, or USCG helo flys close enough to the

downed pilot (in water) the pilot will automaticly be brought aboard in the cargo of the ship.

Quote[/b] ]

Print Ready CD Insert for Y2K3

Print Ready CD Insert for burning Y2K3 files to a disk.

When Burning Please include:

*Y2K3 Version 6.0 Final Installer.exe

*Extra File Installer.exe

*Pilot & Raft Patcher.exe

*(Self Made) Read Me file to remind yourself to install Y2K3 installer first, Extra file installer second, and Pilot & Raft patch last.

Suggested Files:

*Y2K3 Data Listed On Downloads Page

*Custom llumax DTA files with the sky, stars, moon, nvg stuff

*Dxdll files (minus any screenshots that you have not deleted)

Note On CD: These Required and Suggested files will fill a 700 MB CD with only a few megs to spare, but will assure total convienace in the case of a full reinstall of Flashpoint.

Note On CD Insert: Front and Back cover (labled) are EXACT sizes. so keep that in mind when cutting it out. Suggested you use Photo paper with a matte finish for printing.

Edit 2:

Quote[/b] ]My Settings

P4 1.5 GHZ CPU

GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg

256MB Ram

Tweak your OFP with http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/opflashpoint/print.shtml

For those of you that are mid range, and perhaps it might work on low range PC's i suggest checking out the downloads page under "patchs" for the Performance Enhancer Version.

result:

38 fps on desert island

17 fps on desert island with 3 burning BMPs

Combined arms, average 13 fps

flashpoint, average 13 fps

Assumption: most bis campaign mission @ 13 fps

Fact: 7fps and higher is playable, 10 and higher is prefered, 20 fps and higher is great. anything above 30 is amazing.

Locked at the author's behest.

He'll be right back after these short messages from our sponsors smile_o.gif

Locked at the author's behest.

He'll be right back after these short messages from our sponsors smile_o.gif

yes thanks to all our sponsors

Giggle Cream: we make deserts funny

Sissy Sprits: when you need to look just like everyone else

and a special thanks to Am-U-Nation for thier continued support and arms dealing  blues.gif

all joking aside. there it is folks. Version 6.0 final!

omg yes! i said final!!! why did i say final? cuz i need to enjoy my own work  tounge_o.gif  and im seriously out of stuff to change lol.

but dont worry im not fading away im not poofing. im still gonna be here for continued support plus my work on the USCG mod.

so please. download and enjoy!

currently hosted at edgefiles gaming special thanks to @war, but mirrors seriously apprecated. ive PMed fighter from ofp.info and viod false form flashpoint.ru so hopefuly they will have mirrors up asap.

also the Y2K3 site has 44 screenshots, all showing the features of version 6.0, but if you make some fantastic shots that you just NEED to show off then please post here and if thier good enough ill add it to the site. no promises cuz i cant accept them all. but i know we have some great screenshot makers out there.

Enjoy! i know you waited many moons for this moment.

Edit:

Modding Time spent on Y2K3- 5 months

Time spent on making the installer - 2 hours

Time spent uploading the installer - 3 hours

seeing all the wonderful people have a renewed OFP gaming experiance - priceless

somethings in life are priceless, for everything else theres Y2K3 smile_o.gif

Did you include both BDUs from the ORCS Mahra pack?

uhhh. i used orcs motorized infantry in the 256x256 (low res) version. so uhh whatever they used.

but assuming the model paths are the same then you should be able to use the medium or high res versions of thier soldiers

i included orcs weapons, rpg, and orcs low-res motorized infantry pbo files

No the resolution issue is OK. I mean there are two types of BDUs from the ORCS pack, Berezka and Flora. Are they both included, or are the East soldiers only using the Berezka?

No the resolution issue is OK.  I mean there are two types of BDUs from the ORCS pack, Berezka and Flora. Are they both included, or are the East soldiers only using the Berezka?

See For Your Self

i matched thier model usagage with the OFP one. like thier Machine gunner model is now the default machine gunner model. their officer is now the default east officer so on adn so forth. smile_o.gif

download speed sux for me ATM. I get 20-30 kb/s. how many of you are downloading???  crazy_o.gif  ghostface.gif  mad_o.gif   tounge_o.gif

ah, there it finally is  

awesome work on the whole package pappy, thumbs up.

big TY to you and all the addonmakers whose stuff u used  biggrin_o.gif

ps: maybe someone with a faster internet connection than i have (that´d be a whopping 16 kb upstream  crazy_o.gif )

want´s to upload the installer here:

http://www.yousendit.com/default.uplx

just select file, leave email blank and start "sending", it´ll give you a link to the file when done

ah, there it finally is  

awesome work on the whole package pappy, thumbs up.

big TY to you and all the addonmakers whose stuff u used  biggrin_o.gif

ps: maybe someone with a faster internet connection than i have (that´d be a whopping 16 kb upstream  crazy_o.gif )

want´s to upload the installer here:

http://www.yousendit.com/default.uplx

just select file, leave email blank and start "sending", it´ll give you a link to the file when done

i have cable. it took me 3 hours to upload to edgefiles tounge_o.gif

but yess mirrors appreciated asap. ive got a flashpoint.ru fella helpin out and ive PMed and emailed fighter, hopefuly he wont overlook this Y2K3 release.

Hi friend :-)

I am downloading Main Installer right now.. but other EXTRA installers D/L links don't work :-(

fighter

smile_o.gif