Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

its there. look on the right hand side. u see the link that says Important Information. click on it.

then you will see 3 links.

Installation

Llaumax Installation

CD Player Script Info

CD Player Adding Music

you want to click the last one. and it will "shoot" ya down to the part that explains it.

if you dont see it then try clearing your IE catch so that the new page that was uplaoded a lil while ago loads in its place

Awesome mod. How do you counter the countermeasures helis have against AA? I think theres a mission in REd Hammer where u have to bring down chinooks using Strela missiles.

Oh and exploding bodies, it doesn't seem to work very well. Do limbs explode? It seems that a rocket or a tank shell doesn't explode the body, but a high powered rifle or MG does.

i blew up a fuelstation with 2 guys within 20m of it and when i came around the corner, there lie 2 piles of blood and guts.

about the AA effects, you have to aim at it from the front, or when it hovers to drop the troops u should be able to bring her down.

ill to go a quick test and see

Awesome mod. How do you counter the countermeasures helis have against AA? I think theres a mission in REd Hammer where u have to bring down chinooks using Strela missiles.

ok here we go, tested and works.

dont lock on with the strela. both CH47's hovor long enough for you to do this, and the incoming one can easily be brought down doing the same.

fire at them without locking on. when they are locked on the missle will miss. so dont IR lock the target just point and shoot

hmmm.

people. please do not post commets like this unles su read at least 5 pages back.

i said.

those pilots came out in the second hour of uploading the final.

it took me 2 hours to make the installer. at which point my computer is so boged down by making the installer that i am unable to achive anything else

it takes 3 hours to upload it.

thats a total of 5 hours.

i am not spending another 5 hours just so i can go change the A10 and the Su25's "crew=" line

im wouldnt replace the pilot models with that cuz pilots are 90% of the time used as helo pilots. and it would look stupid to have a F15 pilot at the controls of an AH64.

so for the last time. the mod is final i am not changing anything else for at least. .AT LEAST a year.

i fucked up the installer 3 times in the making so thats 8 hours it took me to get the installer workin right. and then the 3 hours to upload it. do i want to go thru that again? you couldnt pay me enough to do that all over again.

if u want to use those pilots depbo the su25.pbo, the laserguided.pbo and the rznpilots.pbo get the class name of the US pilot, replace the "crew=soldierwpilot" with the name of the rzn pilot, repbo both su25 and laserguided. then open up the cpp and change the line in there too.

you will then acomplish seeing the fighter pilot in a bomber fly over you @ 200m doing about 545 kph. and for the breif second before the bomb or missel hits you. you can go "cool pilot" but naturaly since its an all new pilot if u should have to bail out over water you will immediatly drown/die. since only BIS standard pilots have the "life jacket" effect wink_o.gif

sorry folks but changing one lil line in 3 differnt places isnt worth another 6 hours of my life wink_o.gif he was too little too late.

Pappy, I made my own one, but I haven't used any effects, appart of sounds.

I like your mod but I have my own ideas about units and things, so I prefere to make mine, no desrespect to your work at all, its excelent, its just that I fancy different units and models here and there.

The reason why I'm posting is because I wanted to add some effects to my configuration, like rotor wash, tank dust, AT back blast, etc, or some explosion effects.

You wouldn't have a decripted Bin without the units added, just with the effects by any chance?

I wouldn't mind to use something like GMR, but I can't find a working link where I can get the unscripted bin.

If you can help here I will very much appreciate it.

Other than that its getting in contact with that new explossion mod that just come out and see if he got a decripted one that I can add some units.

Maybe I should send you an pm instead of posting here, but maybe somebody gets inspired by reading this aswell. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks in advance.

@CERO.

well the ECP config would have the effects in it. and the GMR config should have his lines in it, althou u could use my mod and just copy the eventhandler lines.

Yes, that should do, I allso posted in the FlashFX post asking Nemesis for the same biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I'll just need the configuration and the scripts then.

I have to go, but if you can let me know if its a decripted configuration of your mod around I'll be just fine.

Thanks fella. I really apreciate this.

@CERO.

is this script for "goggle" ? must I put this script in the config?

for hyakushi soldiers

please tell me pappy

Quote[/b] ] class UserActions

{

class LowerGoggles

{

displayName="Lower Goggles";

position="gooAX";

radius=1.0;

condition="this animationPhase ""goggles"" < 0.5";

statement="this animate [""goggles"",1]";

};

class RaiseGoggles

{

displayName="Raise Goggles";

position="gooAX";

radius=1.0;

condition="this animationPhase ""goggles"" >= 0.5";

statement="this animate [""goggles"",0]";

};

};

or this ?

Quote[/b] ] class Animations

{

class goggles

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.5;

selection="goggles";

axis="axisgoggles";

angle0=0;

angle1=0.75;

};

};

class UserActions

{

class Lowervisor

{

displayName="Lower Goggles";

position="axisgoggles";

radius=1.00000;

condition="this animationPhase ""goggles"" < 0.5";

statement="this animate [""goggles"", 1]";

};

class Raisevisor

{

displayName="Raise Goggles";

position="axisgoggles";

radius=1.00000;

condition="this animationPhase ""goggles"" >= 0.5";

statement="this animate [""goggles"", 0]";

};

};

which one is better ?

just look in my editable config, look below the soldier model. all the otehr soldiers have the goggles down option jsut copy and paste thieruser action for the soldierwb

but keep in mind all other 3rd party addons will have the option to "lower goggles" everything from martins dc3 pilot to jam men

Yes, that should do, I allso posted in the FlashFX post asking Nemesis for the same biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I'll just need the configuration and the scripts then.

I have to go, but if you can let me know if its a decripted configuration of your mod around I'll be just fine.

Thanks fella. I really apreciate this.

@CERO.

just posted this in the very original gmr thread too:

Link to .bin pack for gmr 1.49

hope it contains an unbin-ed version of the cpp for ya  wink_o.gif

---

and attention:

later this day i´ll be changing the pilots of forementioned planes to these new cool looking pilots.... but i wont be able to keep the lifejacket usable.. kep that in mind when flying over the sea

release when done .. will let ya know if webspace needed (i´m kinda running out of ressources)  wink_o.gif

just look in my editable config, look below the soldier model. all the otehr soldiers have the goggles down option jsut copy and paste thieruser action for the soldierwb

but keep in mind all other 3rd party addons will have the option to "lower goggles" everything from martins dc3 pilot to jam men

I've done it but it doesn't wanna to work.. crazy_o.gif

and what about replace the compass by wgl one ? please tell me because I didn't find compass in your editable config...'??

is it in source ??

thanks for answer !!!

i've found a little bug > when you fire a ATGM rocket from an su25 it's the sound of an tank firing  smile_o.gif

and what about replace the compass by wgl one ? please tell me because I didn't find compass in your editable config...'??

is it in source ??

thanks for answer !!!

it´s in the llaumax installer wink_o.gif

ok ok ok ok. geeze o man.  crazy_o.gif

for all the rzn_pilot obsessed stalker type people

(8.27 MB) Pilot & Raft Patch (8.27 MB)

Patchs the pilot and the raft to use the rzn_pilot for the Su25 and the A10(s)

and updates the raft.pbo so that if a boat, or USCG helo flys close enough to the

downed pilot (in water) the pilot will automaticly be brought aboard in the cargo of the ship.

Edit: i edited the rzn_pilot to use the pilot raft if you bail out over water. ok?

now please for the love of god dont ask for anything else crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif i need a break here people blues.gif

go to take some sleep...and think to a beautiful girl and forget your mod for a moment biggrin_o.gif

yep why not ? rock.gif it's a good idea... smile_o.gif

go to take some sleep...and think to a beautiful girl and forget your mod for a moment  biggrin_o.gif

yep why not ?  rock.gif  it's a good idea... smile_o.gif

lol.. more like a hot new graphic card to get jiggy with  tounge_o.gif

ok ok ok ok. geeze o man.  crazy_o.gif

for all the rzn_pilot obsessed stalker type people

(8.27 MB) Pilot & Raft Patch

thanks alot pappy  smile_o.gif

go to take some sleep...and think to a beautiful girl and forget your mod for a moment biggrin_o.gif

yep why not ? rock.gif it's a good idea... smile_o.gif

<whisper in drowsy ear> a beautiful girl that will have nothing to do with you unless you are a perfectionist in everything you do </whisper in drowsy ear>

First of all let me thank Pappy for making this wonderful mod. I haven't played ofp for more than a year, and this mod 'renewed' it for me. So thanks!

I do have a question though: is there a way that I can use the default explosions / effects and just change the unit skins? Because using the explosion effects in the mod and all the extra scripts lags my computer horribly. I did try downloading and using the cpu friendly config, but after I installed that the effects just don't show. Eg: no tank dust, no explosions, no fires, no smoke.

Thanks in advance!