Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Not sure if this has been answered yet but, i dont feel like looking through a bunch of pages to find my answer. How do u reduce the amount of smoke that comes out of my rifle? It lags the game up a bit for me, even though it is a good effect.

old llumax installer

install that, but deleted out the moreanim things for the water (so u will retrain kegs reflective water) then run it. that will install the ING nvg model and textures. but the dxdll effects wont work with it

which in my opinion. the INQ ones with the clear veiw is much more realistic then kegs "burned image" when movin the nvg's around, ive owned a vew NV goggles and scopes (well 2) and neither one of them "blured" or "burned" the images. so i have no idea where he got the notion that was realistic. oh wait i know. TV cameras with nv does that. but then again they have the cheap shit so whatya expect  tounge_o.gif

Hei Pappy!

Thx, but i found another way to do that. I just download that old llaumax and only copy the NVG_proxy.p3d, nvg_tex.pac, night_sum.01.paa - night_sum.05.paa and nightvisiontl.paa into llaumax-h2o and delete the dta folder in the llaumax-h2o, than i run the install.bat file, and now its the nvg work perffect. Thx for the help smile_o.gif

But i still have this error : No entry 'Y2K3NxB Final 6.0 BIN/cfgWeapons.HEP_MP5K' I think you run the HEP v.1.0 but i have a newer HEP ver 1.1rock.gif??

gun smoke, open the config and search for "cloth" the smove varibles are right above that.

about the HEP Mp5k yea im usin an older version cuz i only needed his M82. so i didnt need nor want the new one. and any no entry cfg errors are caused by thier addon and its author.

like i have no entry cfg ak101. i dont use. that i dont use anything that would resemble that, yet it gives me the error.

edit: can i ask why ofp.info has yet to post news on Y2K3? ive pmed both fighter and counterforce. hell i pmed counterforce with the exact news entry plus pics. all he needs to do is copy and paste, yet ofp.info seems to convenitly overlook Y2K3 in thier news posts. sorry but this frustrates me that this is 3 times in a row ive been conveintly "over looked" by them mad_o.gif

Is there any site that has all the mods/addons that I need to run y2k3? I have alot of the addon already; BAS, ECP etc. It would be nice to just go to one site and get what I need to make y2k3 run. Thanks

just get the full installer.

theres alot of addons, such as the INQ weapon pack, which has been modified to for Y2K3 only. as well as the pistol sights, the sounds, the open 5 ton thats all exclusive to Y2K3 only

Can somebody give me link to a config file only? If i already have every addon used and dont want to download 350 bugs again. PLZ  rock.gif (think about modem/isdn users)

Great mod Pappy! I was just wondering why nice rocket effect doesn`t work for mi-24 and ah-64 or is it just my falt?

papy why you don't do an installer like the old one ?

because i was having to download 350 megs but i have the all the addons and i'm limited to download 10Go by month mad_o.gif

Pappy, what´s the names of the songs and artists on the HMMWV CD player?

and you have any similar recomendations? (just felt to listen to that kind of music) ;)

@humvee songs: some rob zombie, dope (die mf die), i cant remember them al, mostly rock and heavy metal.

@downloads. if you have been keepin up with Y2K3 up to the last beta before release a couple pages back there is an update patch for you. but if ur new to the mod, your gonna want to download the full thing, theres like at least. . at LEAST 10 addons that ive modded for Y2K3 (IE: csla using only models needed, maf_m975 has an open 5 ton with his skin on it and most importantly, INQ's weapon pack (25megs) has an M16-M203 combo availible for ONLY Y2K3)

so if your new then please please please download the full installer, make freinds wiht a cable user, and get a CD burner. its the only thing i can reccomend. theres no such thing as a "small" total conversion mod.

@pandalefou: the old installer had no compression. so you would be downloading 668 megs instead of 358 wink_o.gif

@ the fire effect on the AH64 and Mi24 it should have worked, but its a weird script, one of those sometimes it works some times it doesnt crazy_o.gif

I added 6 more songs to the CD player on both hmmv and civis vehicles.

The songs are...

Pantera:Fucking hostile.

Pantera:Hell bound.

Pantera:Domination.(Good for massive tank battles)

Pantera:Coyboys from hell.

Pantera:Suicide note part 2.

Metallica:The wait.

I want to release this to any1 who likes very heavy metal.

just a quick note. my freind made a dedicated server for Y2K3 Version 6.0 for private use

and Y2K3 seems to work perfectly fine on it smile_o.gif seems like the gmr explosions sometimes are n/a but other then that everything else works fine. the ECP explosions take over smile_o.gif

so Y2K3 does work on a dedicated server running 1.96

hmmm. fighters upload must have been cut off too soon.

well hopefuly they will be fixed soon and perhaps the news posted.

if they are to be fixed ill need someone to email them, it seems as my efforts have become futile. PM's, Emails, all of them go unanswered, tried several people and yet they go unread.

thanks for the info

Hi! Can somebody help me I have a problem with the Scrap mission in the Res. campaign. Every time I finished the mission the game crashing to desktop. Its working fine without the Mod.

Why do I have to delete/backup BMP2, KOLO, Vulcan, Su25, G36a, Apac, XMS,Vulcan,OH58, M2A2, LaserGuided and kozl from the res\addons folder as written in the readme? I did that and there was no difference, the addons seem to always be the new ones from Y2K3 - with or without old res addons! Please explain.

Why do I have to delete/backup BMP2, KOLO, Vulcan, Su25, G36a, Apac, XMS,Vulcan,OH58, M2A2, LaserGuided and kozl from the res\addons folder as written in the readme? I did that and there was no difference, the addons seem to always be the new ones from Y2K3 - with or without old res addons! Please explain.

yea ummm see i did that to ensure that they worked, i didnt realize when using a new mod folder like Y2K3 that OFP reads those by default. i only found out after i released it that you can leave them in and the new ones take over. so my applogies for that. as long as it works, then no problem smile_o.gif

combing the two mods is possible, if oyu have *|checks watch|* about 2 months minimum free time to cross code them tounge_o.gif

Hey, you don't have to apologize! I was always wondering what OFP does with double addons. Now it's clear - mod folders seem to have a higher priority.

Hey everyone. I'm that friend who tested the mod on a dedicated server.

Over the last few days. Testing out vaious methods of hosting. I've come to the following conclusions:

Hosting a listening server will ware down the host's CPU cause of the ECP effects, so you'll need some raw CPU power if you don't want low FPS. You might get different results with other setups. Tip: You might get better results without running DXDLL, and setting ECP to low settings.

Hosting this mod on a dedicated server on the other hand is just wonderful. We had so much fun, I started enjoying OFP again.

Conclusion:

Listening server = Not sure but the host will definitively have problems at some point with ECP effects.

Dedicated server = Two thumbs up. Went without a hitch!

Here is some information about the hardware I used to test Y2k3's online capabilities.

Listening server: 3Ghz, 1Gb Ram, Radeon 9800 Pro.

Dedicated server: 2.8Ghz, 1Gb Ram.

Here are some personal screenshots from either hosting a dedicated server with War-Dog and or Too-Tall. I recommend checking out the screenshots from the 14th. The other screenshots were taken with rather messed up graphics settings. tounge_o.gif

The latest screenshots (from the 14th) are my normal OFP settings. A couple or two screenshots are from playing on other various servers.

im not askin pappy to add in anything just have a config question

Im not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to replace islands in anyway, i had a few in mind ie replacing:

kolgujev with keg's nogojev, replacing everon with the one redone with resistance objects, and replacing malden with an island called maldova.

i know its simple to replace the ones redone with resistance objects, but what about the other ones?