Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

benu benus i cant remember which one it was  crazy_o.gif damn the simaler names. im pretty sure it was benus cuz he has been the most helpful thruout the whole mod

anyway that was version 5.1 and ive since deleted it off the server since it was old.

like i said it kills basicly 75% of what makes Y2K3, the effects, blood, explosions, so on and so forth.

but yea look into his resoultion. if his rig is that bad i suggest 800x600x16 or less resolution. the default is like 1024x768x32

the 16 bit resolution will deffenitly help out.

also since he has a gf4 mx440 dxdll wont work, the special effects, but the other features like displaying the FPS, so i reccomend installing that just to get an accurate fps readout.

for me: nogova with a few units and just random shit to blow up: 10 to 20 fps

everon, malden, kolgjev- actual BIS mission, campaign or other: 7 to 15 fps (usualy around 10ish)

desert island with 14 boats, dxdll w/ reflections on, 2 AI plans flying, forced view distance of 1500, i get 25 fps with bombing the hell out of the boats.

PS: i use dxdll 99% of the time. the only time i turn it off is when im in desperate need of 2 extra FPS. the reflections only kill me 3 fps at worst.

now testing optimal settngs for my game. @ 32 bit i get 7 to 25 FPS and with 16 bit i get 15 to 35 FPS. but i didnt like the way the smoke and clouds looked so i went back to 32 bit.

Quote[/b] ]my last release benus made a cpu freindly version taking out alot of scripts like from the BAS helos and ECP effects. but honestly, is that what the mod is all about realy? cool addons and killer effects? rock.gif

rock.gif

well well nevermind PAPPY version 6.0 with the pilots pacth works absolut perfect !

of course it does. cuz i made it blues.giftounge_o.gif thanks for all your help too smile_o.gif

one question

how to remplace new russians soldier (orc or something that) by the old ones (by such and earl) ??

i've tried in the Y2K3 Final 6.0.cpp but don't find how ? i've read your "Customizing Your OFP Experiance" but cant understand how to rempace the russians soldiers ?

because i don't like the new one

thanx

I LOVE THIS MOD tounge_o.gif

BUT I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Y2K3 works awesome on high settings in Mission editor

But crashes OFP to desktop when i play missions online at one time or another during the game but DOES.

And its really gay because i like playing online w/this mod.

ANY HELP ON THIS?

PLEASE HELP!

one question

how to remplace new russians soldier (orc or something that) by the old ones (by such and earl) ??

i've tried in the Y2K3 Final 6.0.cpp but don't find how ? i've read your "Customizing Your OFP Experiance" but cant understand how to rempace the russians soldiers ?

because i don't like the new one

thanx

ive explained this before, check back a few pages, theres only 12 (page 100 starts version 6.0) and its explained there

@ playing online: i created this mod playing online, hell i created this mod FOR playing online. ive tried this on both listening (user hosted) and dedicated servers. so it works. i dont know why yours doesnt.

There's a bug with the mission Counter Strike from the 1985 campaign: at the beginning when you drop out of the helicopter an A10 airplane that shouldn't be alive is flying by very close and kills the tanks.

thanx papy i'll test it in game (for the russian soldiers)

> Tried and it work thanx ;)

but i can't find how to remplace the Us woodland 2003 soldier by the us woodland 1985 soldier ?!

can you help me on this point ? thanx very much man

EDITË›: the russian heavy gunner and rpg are the old ones tounge_o.gif (icp or something) can you help me on this point too

I spent two very risky hours d/lng the full mod in work, and when I get home....file corrupt.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@messing with resistance units: you mean using more of edges models? yea if u know what your doing.

@ mission bug: theres a second plane in that mission? crazy_o.gif well i didnt mess with the armor settings of the vehicals so aint my fault tounge_o.gif

@mguner, rpg soldier, medic, grendader, all you gotta do is block off the model paths to the icp ones by placing a // infront of the model path for all those soldiers and the soldiereb model path will automaticly be applied.

@corrupt file: do not use the ofp.info or filefront links. they randomly like to fuck up large uploaded files.

use edgefiles mirror. (primary)

OFP Bug: noted this a path or two ago (before Y2K3) if you have NVG's in your posession and binoculars, when you go to use your binocs, you pull out NVG's instead. but if you ONLY have binocs, then the binocular model will apper as usual.

just so ppl arent weirded out by this. again this is not a bug i created, nor can i fix. but just to let you know its there

thanx for your rapid response i'll try smile_o.gif

and what about the Us woodland 1985 soldiers

yes i know i'm boring ghostface.gif

I don't have your Super config , but I know what causes the Binoculars looking like nvgoggles bug.

If you have in your inventory the NVgoggles before the binoculars, when you use the binocs they'll be nvgoggles.

NVbeforebinocmapMedium.jpg

nvbeforebinocsingameMedium.jpg

However if the Binoculars are in the inventory slot before the nvgoggles, everything will  look just right.

binocsbeforenvmapcorrectMedium.jpg

everyonesishappyMedium.jpg

If you have your goggles in the first slot and binocs in the second you could just drop them both, then pick them back up binocs first. Problem solved.

As for in the config, my guess is you just have to put the binoculars first in the config. I know when making a mission and I'm assigning gear in the init box for example I type, This addweapon "binocular";this addweapon "nvgoggles";.  If the goggles are put first then they'll be in inventory slot one and screw up how the binocs look.

I hope this helps. Hell I hope I make sense heh heh.

sputnik, you dont have my config?! how dare ye! tounge_o.gif

thanks for clearing that up. *|does the happy dance cuz it its my fault|* biggrin_o.gif

about the 1985 soldiers you need to depbo the hyk file and find out the model paths. impretty sure the only differance is one ends with 03 and the other 85 but i could be wrong

I often get invalid texture size 512x32 in Missions and then the dedicated server quits.

No warning about missing pbo´s etc.

Any info about that ?

And bas_kiowa...pbo not found ... but it is in papys addons folder... updatet from bas_installer same error.

Thx

Invalid texture aspect ratio is mostly caused by an addon. Find the addon, kill it or open it and change the texture with that aspect ratio (512x32) by stretching it for e.g. to a valid aspect ratio. I don't know what's valid, but I had the same problem with a WWII addon and I changed one texture from 256x16 to 256x256 and it worked - I was lucky cause the texture was completely black so the change wasn't visible in game.

Dedicated server seem to have other restrictions concerning texture aspect ratio than listening server or singleplayer, that's why it crashes only the ded server..

For the missing Kiowa Pack, maybe you have to add "bas_kiowapack" to the mission.sqm of your mission to the addons list.

I had to do it to use RTS3 and its missions with Y2K3.

Please help!

Y2K3 works awesome on high settings in Mission editor

But crashes OFP to desktop when i play missions online at one time or another during the game but DOES.

And its really gay because i like playing online w/this mod.

ANY HELP ON THIS?

PLEASE HELP! smile_o.gif

OK ...

Then there is the addon in y2k3 files :-( because y2k3 only files

no aditional mods or files ...

Guest major gandhi

just tried the hmwv smile_o.gif 'die motherfucker, die motherfucker diiiiee'

nice thing biggrin_o.gif

Well I've really been contemplating downloading it. I just don't like the exploding bodies. Any chance of a non exploding body version?

Okay, I have a question. How well will Y2k3 work on my machine...

Will it be playable?

My specs are:

AMD Duron 800 MHz

640 megs of Sdram PC 133

Radeon 9000 pro 128 mb DDR

All replies are highly appreciated. biggrin_o.gif

Well I've really been contemplating downloading it. I just don't like the exploding bodies. Any chance of a non exploding body version?

You have a choice between exploding bodies, and not. It just depends on which config you use.

@Lynxy: try playing with lower settings. thats all i can suggest really

@Sputnik Monroe: download and install Y2K3, in the Y2K3/Bin/Configs folder is a subfolder called "Y2K3NxB" NxB stands for No eXploding Bodies. this was requested along time ago and has been included in every beta ive released. so it stands to reason that i included one of those in the final. all u need to do is replace the default installed config with the no exploding bodies one.

@MCPXXL: ive tested Y2K3 on a dedicated server, using pretty much anything and everything, and we did not experiance this problem. so it must be some other addon you have installed on that server.

Quote[/b] ]For the missing Kiowa Pack, maybe you have to add "bas_kiowapack" to the mission.sqm of your mission to the addons list.

I had to do it to use RTS3 and its missions with Y2K3.

or open the editable OFP Y2K3 Final 6.0.cpp scroll to the very bottom and in the long line of preload addons, add in ,"bas_kiowapack" i never experianced the missing addon bas kiowa so i either didnt put it in, or, its another one of those BAS addon problems where i did put it in, but their addons go by 15 differnt names in the configs.

like thier soar pilots, goes by soar, soar_pilots, soar185. remember back when addons had one name per addon? not 15. crazy_o.gif

hey it says when i try to play it that the ECP setting is missing or something like that???

I wasn't credited for the use of some of my effects... just to let you know.