Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Is there any way to tweak the pilot with pistol "on back" to start a mission?

Thx for your replies. Have another question though. How would I tweak the Bradley addon to be compatible with multiplayer maps? That is, to make it act like the original M2A2. I get the Bradley MP error i've seen in other posts. Can anyone make a config that just replaces everything without the unessessary things? Cause some of the fancy things included in alot of the addons are useless and will probably never be implemented by 90% of the people using them. Im mean it's cool and all, but compatiblity is the key for this mod to have any prolonged use.

Is there any way to tweak the pilot with pistol "on back" to start a mission?

sorry i didnt mean to miss your post. .

no there isnt unfortunitly sad_o.gif

@Bradly compatability. . . uhhh theres nothing on it that would make it incompatable with old missions. . the tow script mabe but realisum factor: u dont fire a tow when crusin at 90mph crazy_o.gif

But what about the Bradley MP Error though, Pappy?

either put in that server check thingit mentions

or do like i did. . . edit that out of the CBT_Brad_Scripts.pbo. go to the fx folder find the init script and edit out where it says hint:bradly pack mp error. just that part and nothing else and it will work fine smile_o.gif

Skorpion still has the "no entry bla bla bla /CFG Recoils etc" bug. All other handguns work fine.

The new iron sights are really great by the way.

Thanks a bunch for implementing them.

Greets

My skorpion is working no problemo! In fact (fingers crossed) no probs at all so far with the latest stuff.

Changed the recoil values for the skorpion in the config from skorpionsingle to riffleSilenced and from skorpionfull to ingramfull.

Seems to work pretty good. No error msg`s any more smile_o.gif

Changed the recoil values for the skorpion in the config from skorpionsingle to riffleSilenced and from skorpionfull to ingramfull.

Seems to work pretty good. No error msg`s any more smile_o.gif

well im afraid you seem to be the only one experianceing that problem. but im really glad you found a fix for it. at this point there shall be only 2 more releases. . .one to test the new humvee (wont require a config update) and then the final. so dont worry about "omg i gotta change this 18 more times when he releases it!"

a lil bug with the pistol sights they fire just a lil off. its hard to get it dead center. . . BIS pistol sights were always off too. i honestly dont know how to fix this. . the beretta for instance: BIS sight: fired down and to the left 1mm. Y2K3 sight: fires down and to the left 1mm. so even with new sights the dam pistols are still a lil off. and this isnt a simple retexture job either, i had 2 different modlers actualy manualy apply the textures in O2 to make sure they were centered as they should be. now im sure that mabe after months and months and months of retexturing/ reapplying we might be able to get it a lil close crazy_o.gif but its highly doubtful

the skorpian seems to be centered. the tokarev a lil high. and cz75 and glock seem a lil to the left but not much

basicly its like real life. . .you gotta figure out how each pistol handels/fires then keep that in mind when using it. so my advice is take each of the BIS pitsols to the fireing range and get a feel for them

Great news Pappy,

Skorpion`s no biggie. Isn`t used that often anyways.

And as you stated earlier in this thread: if it doesn`t crash the game it doesn`t count biggrin_o.gif

About the pistol sights being a lil of, thats not really a problem. I guess most people are using pistols only for engaging enemies that are very close so a 1mm diversion doesn`t hurt that much.

One question though, don`t know if it has been discussed earlier(forgive me if so) but are you planning to wait for the final release untill the next version of ECP hits the ground? Just being curious tounge_o.gif

Cheers

no i am not.

judging by thier release times. . i judge mabe by year 2305 the new ECP should be released tounge_o.gif

i plan on making a quick fix patch for it thou smile_o.gif

2305!!!!!! wow_o.gif

dam, I guess I`ll have to take a loan in order to buy a cryostat putting myself into deep freeze and getting me thawed out once ECP is done tounge_o.gif

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked about before, but I seem to be having a problem with M2 MGs while using the experimental y2k3, none of them have any ammo rock.gifsad_o.gif

Sorry if this has been mentioned/asked about before, but I seem to be having a problem with M2 MGs while using the experimental y2k3, none of them have any ammo  rock.gif  sad_o.gif

they use the same ammo as the M113's so if u dont have the cbt_misc (lastest version) you wont have any ammo.

Hey pappy. Someone once made a remington shotgun with a realistic pellet spread, havent tried it out yet however and unfortunately I cannot remember who made it. I couldn't help but wonder if you could implement the function on the kolzlice shotgun on the shell mode because right now it seems like it shoots pellets super fast one behind the other trying to very poorly mimic the effect. Besides it would be cool to actually have a shotgun for close urban fighting in flashpoint and give a player a reason to pick it up, just a friendly, sugestion dont have a clue if it is actually possible to implement.

Anyways like always keep looking forward to this thread and ur config is my flaspoint default good work.

laterz

lsc_m590 shotgun comes in slug and shell. i modified it for personal use to have 20 rounds in teh gun biggrin_o.gif

althou it would be a nice addidtion to the kozlice. .i feel it really woudlnt do much good as the kozlice is rarely used in any mission. plus the script lags a tad bit (unmodified)

since im already pushin the limits of CPU usage. . id rather not have the straw that broke the camels back ya know?

but it is a good idea. i do agree with you on that

I'd love a replacement to the kozlice (I'm currently playing the Red Hammer campaign). The default shotgun sounds are so awful and unrealistic it really takes away from the immersion factor. JMO.  smile_o.gif

Yeah you do have a good point, but maybe like you said its used so rarely it might not be so much a lag issue.

anyways thanks for the fast response.

ok well i decided to give it a shot

i replaced it with a remington Model 870 (hunting version)

Changed:

Model

Fire Sound

Recoil Value: for slug has shotgun reciol for shell it has none so the repetitive shots all go to one spot instead of one shot on target and 6 up in the air. its unrealistic i know but its either none hit the target or all. . . crazy_o.gif that script i would need to run by running a script that checks everytime u fire. . to see if u have the kozlice. and if u do it would work. . .but that would cause more lag. so the no reciol way is to go in this case

ammo changed 7 shots per mag.

its not perfect but atleast its better then the ordinary smile_o.gif

Download Here

all u need to do is replace the kozl.pbo, and add in the art_r870, no config modifcation took place.

Now there's a shotgun with some "oomph" to it! Thanks Pappy, you make killing outmatched Everon civilians even more fun. Mwahaha. MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty good idea that shotgun-replacement,

the new one definately has some serious stopping power.

Great work as always!

folks just a quick note.

the wonderful placebo has asked/ofered to change the thread title to

Quote[/b] ]Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

"Super config makes Ofp modern"

so if u dont see "Ofp updated" in the list anymore. . .no the international BIS spy commision did not try and shut me down tounge_o.gif

ive been thinkin about requsting a title change too since i renamed the project, but placebo has ofered to change it and i concur on the idea. smile_o.gif

folks just a quick note.

the wonderful placebo has asked/ofered to change the thread title to

Quote[/b] ]Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

"Super config makes Ofp modern"

so if u dont see "Ofp updated" in the list anymore. . .no the international BIS spy commision did not try and shut me down  tounge_o.gif

ive been thinkin about requsting a title change too since i renamed the project, but placebo has ofered to change it and i concur on the idea.  smile_o.gif

ya I liked the new topic name biggrin_o.gif