Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

yeah it would be nice if in the next official update they were using Earls weapons and changeable unit patches..then they would be 100%

yeah it would be nice if in the next official update they were using Earls weapons and changeable unit patches..then they would be 100%

Well don't hold your breath, somebody posted how to change the weapons load outs in the editor without buggering up the cpp.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to change some SP missions that came with the game into ones with these units. I think that would be awsome. Especially if I could find some current RF soldiers to fight with too. Would like to see some of these guys in missions like ambush and battlefield.

It is now offical, OFP has a complete makeover, worthy of TLC's makeover story. We got ECP, Earl and Sauchey's stuff, New sexy animations by wilco (still in beta but damn good) and now US soldiers to replace those ugly horrible BIS ones. Good job people you have all brought OFP to a new level.

It is now offical, OFP has a complete makeover, worthy of TLC's makeover story. We got ECP, Earl and Sauchey's stuff, New sexy animations by wilco (still in beta but damn good) and now US soldiers to replace those ugly horrible BIS ones. Good job people you have all brought OFP to a new level.

Don't forget about hires skies and water.

And it's bringing OFP to a new *cosmetical* level, under the hood it's the same engine with frustrating limitations (great engine, but not perfect), altough ECP has using it a bit more practical in some areas.. wink_o.gif

I'd love to see these guys with changeable unit patches.

I'd love to be able to throw the 82nd Airborne or 10th Mountain patches on these guys.

Would be sweet to see....

82nd Airborne

101st Airborne

173rd Airborne

1st Infantry

3rd Infantry

4th Infantry

1st Armored

10th Mountain

Subdued and full-color patch options would be neat too : P

Actually.....I just had an idea....

Maybe there should be a "patch pack" made up of all kinds of unit patches, and every new addon has the ability to use them....ambitious I know but it would be killer.

The three color desert guys are 3rd ID.

Wouldn't be bad to have 'em for woodland too though.

...Actually.....I just had an idea....

Maybe there should be a "patch pack" made up of all kinds of unit patches, and every new addon has the ability to use them....ambitious I know but it would be killer.

Something like footmunch's roundel system for planes?

Exactly like that, only I think you might run into a problem because there's no limit to the number of unit patches people will want.  Even after it's released, people will want more added to represent some unit in their native country.

Obviously there would have to be some limits placed....maybe the only the most requested or highest-profile (most well-known?) divisions would be represented.

Question though:  have any non-footmunch addons made use of those roundels?

...Actually.....I just had an idea....

Something like footmunch's roundel system for planes?

Or something like the custom unit patches on the BAS "normal" soldiers that came with the De/Ra.

Doesnt have to be built into the addon at all, anyone can use their own texture, it just has to be in the mission folder (or pbo)

If hyk wants any advice on how to do this, I'll happily "share the wealth" smile_o.gif

(Its just a hidden selection, with the textures mapped onto them)

Just drop a pic into the mission folder and you can use it on the units?

(never used that feature on the DeRas)

Hell, if you can do that, that simplifies everything...a lot smile_o.gif

Everybody making addons ought to do that, IMO

If anyone is interested i have made my own modification based on INQ's mod which uses these guys as the default US soldiers, Earls m16a2, m4a1, m16a4/m203, SIGMA's West Armor Pack and the SEBNamPack2's pilots...so far...everything else in this config.cpp is INQ's stuff which is a bit incomplete. I started re-playing the CWC campaign and it's whole new war! Much more fun and adds more depth and atmosphere to this already great game.

Biggest issue is that INQ's unbinarized config.cpp has a problem with the handgun proxy where if you try to switch to the handgun, the body is essentially stuck in place, when you try to turn the body, you are limited to around 60 degrees of motion. I repeat if you try to run, your player will run in place and not move an inch.

If anyone knows where i can get an unedited, unbinarized config.cpp please point me in the right direction, so far all i have found is the ECP config.cpp and INQ's config, and INQ's is less than complete. The ECP config has way too many entries that are modified and would probably cause problems, besides i dont want to mix the ECP config with my own.

I've tried searching these forums to no avail.

Thanks for any help, you guys can provide.

Can't help you with the .cpp, but if you can get those bugs worked out, I'd be very interested in getting my hands on it smile_o.gif

My only tiny little suggestion would be to give the grenadiers M4/M203s because the Army doesn't use the M16A4 - only the Marines.

sounds promising.. post a link i would check it out. Was playing this morning on Tonali 1 with these guys trying to cross the bridge with 4 squads of rebels and 2 squads of civilian militia on the other squad. seeing as tho there was only one squad of us troops and 2 squads of Gov. Forces we were defeated... Earls M249 gave the rebels a good go though..

again these units r just so fun... thanx again HYK best units i ever played with.

Yeah switching the m16a4/m203 to the m4 would be a quick job. I need an original config.cpp because i cant track down where the problems with INQ's mod begins or ends. I was able to solve a few issues like a missing addon error, even though the addon is native to INQ's weaponpack and a missing optiks error. But, the handgun proxy problem is just weird. His binarized version does not have this problem, nor does the ECP's unbinarized .11 config.

Thanks for the advice on the kit, i knew it wasn't completely right...but it helps to have confirmation on what exactly is needed.

Maybe this will help...official commented configs from the official site.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe....191.zip

*EDIT*

I hope I don't sound like an ass for asking, but you have asked permission from the other guys to do this, right? wink_o.gif

I'd hate to see you release this and have them jump down your throat for doing this without telling them wow_o.gif

Thanks SEAL, I'll look into it. smile_o.gif

Well this is just for me right now, i would release this only after i get permission from all the authors involved.

Thanks to SEAL84, i was able to use the configs provided from the breathe forums to solve the problems. The handgun proxy issue is no more! All the problems inheirited by INQ's config have disappeared.

MOD Summary

-----------------

Whats been changed?

Weapons

Replaced With

M16

M16/M203 Earls M16A2

XM177E2 " " M4

M60 GPMG INQ M60

Satchel " " C4

MP5SD6 BAS MP5SD6 w/CCO

Soldier Units

Soldier Hyk 1985 US Soldier

Pilot SEBNAMPACK2 AirCav Pilots

Officer Night Hyk 1985 US Soldier

BlackOp(Armed with BAS MP5SD6) BAS SFOD-D

Vehicles

M1A1 SIGMA's M1A1

M60 " " M60

UH-60 MG BAS UH60L

However i have some questions for you guys...for any who might take interest in this little modification.

The russkies....

Would anyone be able to recommend some "improved" 1985 era Soviet Soldiers?

Russian Weapons

Would anyone be able to recommend some proper AK47/74...etc replacements other than INQ's JPEG replacements...btw, INQ's weapons look great as a default for the russians, but their performance hit will be felt on lower end systems.

Russian Vehicles

Same as above, replacements for the BMP, HIND, Mi17...?

T55's from RHS could be used, SIGMA's T72's and T80's.

CSLA, has some nice BMP's, HINDS and Mi17's, but i dont want to force people to download the CSLA mod just so they can use this one.

I'm sure i could get this little modification out the door soon if permission can be sought by all parties, i dont think they will mind since i am not distributing their addons with this config nor am i modifying the files in anyway. All i am doing is referencing their pbo's to use the models, textures and some of their functionalities. Please be aware that such special scripted features such as the BAS dust effects, cargo doors and goggles do not work.

Let me know what you guys think.

Sigma did make a M60A1 and A3 you know wink_o.gif

Russian weapons can be replaced with Earl's, but I dont think the AK74M was around in 1985, and the only replacement for the Soviet soldiers are Suchey's Naval Infantry, but those are Russian Federation. I don't think you should get technical about it though, because even Hyk's soldiers aren't from 1985. RHS is making/updating T-72's and T-80's so hold tight on that update.

Hyk's soldiers aren't from 1985

Actually some of them are. He made some Woodland 1985 soldiers kitted out with PASGT gear and old web gear.

@Silent Pro: How are you handling the grenade launcher issue? The M4 unfortunately wasn't around (officially that is) in 1985 - mental lapse on my part as I thought you were throwing the present-day guys in there.

Did Earl in fact make a 16A2/203?

Sgt. Milkman,

Yeah i am using SIGMA's m60a1 rather than the A3 since i dont believe the a3 came out until after or during the 1st Gulf War.

About Suchey and Earls Russian Naval Infantry, you have no idea how tempted i was to use those guys, but i then thought about how they would not suit the CWC Era very well.

SEAL84,

Yeah i went ahead and replaced the m16/m203 with the m4/m203...i may have to search for another addon to fill this void, however it will be a bit strange to see Earls weapons on everyone else except the grenadiers. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks guys,

Silent Pro