Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

@DiabloTerror:Im doing that I may release it if it works well smile_o.gif

You MAY release it if it works well?

hehe, no, you should have said you WILL release it :P

Does anyone know if USMC beta3 was a binarised addon?

It doesn't matter if you have an unbinarizer ;)

Damn I want one..

mann bullshat!! i used that config and now i get errors... man plz fix the config, or just post a new one on this page so i can use that... the error im getting is the same as the last guy with the scope error...

im on to see if i spot something. I only want to replace the 03' units anyway.

@DiabloTerror:Im doing that I may release it if it works well smile_o.gif

GREAT biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif is it long to ur done ?

I mean.. did u just start or are u soon done ?

and are u gonna replace the most of all as my suggestion. or just these units ?

i replace all the ground units for sure maybe not all armour though smile_o.gif

cool. biggrin_o.gif when done? u have any day ready ? smile_o.gif

3 or 4 days maybe...not sure could take longer if I mess up smile_o.gif

ok tounge_o.gif

but now when u have starte, u really should have replaced most of everything.. like choppers. tanks. vehicles. units etc... I mean .now when u have started tounge_o.gif .

not a order, just a request biggrin_o.gif

[booming voice]YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!![/booming voice]

yeah but some things cant be.... wink_o.gif

[booming voice]YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!![/booming voice]

yeah but some things cant be.... wink_o.gif

lol..take it easy  tounge_o.gif

hehe....anyway.. cant wait to its done  biggrin_o.gif

Well thats fine and dandy but hope that folks will bother asking the addonmaker before publicly tweaking his addons, was kinda nice he released them without the need of a dozen other addons needed to be used to even make then work. Even nicer they didn't Binerize the addon to deny the guys who like to tweak addons for better performance and personal use. The old saying goes can't please everyone. But the addon maker did bother wasting the time to create better units, he could have just easilly stuck to the BOH stuff and blew off making us units. And you not have anything period or like lots of mod groups and clans hord it for themselves.

Being one of the real troops here, he did a kick ass job but as usual a bunch of ya are not satified, with this protraying regular grunts. Can't fault bis for the quality of their units because they focued more on making the game than anything. BAS busted their balls as well as Laser and the few other unitmarkers. But they mostly deal with specialy use troops. Real troops after some time in the field are filthy got stuff hanging off their unitforms and covered in dirt from crawling around on their belly. avoiding friendly and enemy fire. BDUs fade rather quickly also the military laudry system usually can kill a set of BDUs in two moths where you ahve to replace them because they are too faded, the waterproofing is gone, and the antiradar/thermo protection is allso ruined. Back when they banned startching your uniforms in the early 90s. You often kept a set for running around garrison, parades and another set strictly for field use usualy well worn out abused confortable bdus. Often ripstop because they dry faster when worn and won't get moldy like the cottons. Funny taking them off after a long field problem and they are still holding the shape of your body as you try to force them into the washing machine. As far as gear, sorry to say the M60 still haunts a lot of regular army Army Reserve and National Guard units. Some units keep em mostly the big five brigadeds get all the new toys the Army won't waste money replacing equiment in the lower standing units or support units. Not everyone has the interceptor systems and still wearing the old allice system. Know some guys that even had to buy their own gear, I had back when I was active. I didn't like the issued hardwear, due to the type of positions I held required me to have more gear than issued. Usually purchased out of my own pocket. To upgrade your gear as it goes. I was a LRPDog, so you have four 30 round mag pounches. had to wear the old LC2 strap because the new Lc2 would wreck your shoulders becauseof the added weight of 12 30 round mags and exrta gear on your alice gear. I still wear my old alsice even if a new assult vest came out in around 95, prior to the interceptor vest system. Most of the tweaked weapons the regular troops have where updated on their own, from parts purcahsed on post or cause they are in good with the unit armorer or the supply Sgt. is a god. I bought all the parts to make my own CAR-15 in the service because it had been phased out. And the MX177 wasn't aviable to our unit, did me little good seeing I got the M60 all the time. Even up to when I was trackcommander/team leader for A team in a mech inf unit on M113s. Most units didn't get rid of the M1911A1 till about four years ago, bet can still find then haunting arms rooms in many units just because the Berretta lacks the knockdown power of the 45. and the old geezers that demand they be retained.

So weapons and gear you literly have to dig into each units SOP for the field. To be honest once in the field kinda could wear what ever you want as long as you stay somewhat in uniform. As long as it wasn't enough to piss off a higher raning type doing field inspections. I got yelled at because I was wearing a black M43 looking cap in the field, but because I gave the rest of my unit one they had to leave me alone. Because it was under the teams SOP. Of course later we were made to wear black berets instead. blues.gif

well i just finished my own version of hte config only replacing the 03' Troops! leave the bis m16 to the old trooops.. that error i was getting was probablly from INQ's weapons anyway, to the post above about tweaking his addons, were not publically tweaking them, were privately doing it, just releasing the config.cpp to show us (Non Modders and Cpp'ers) how to do it. Were not tweaking his addon, were just changing the weapons i doubt if he has any problem with this. Afterall its the JAM weapons stuck on them anyway.. were simply making them better with Earl's M16's and M4's.

bah i get an error that im trying to fix hence why i said may

lol, take your time, I'd just love to use the config so I can replay the cwc campaign again. I WAS kidding.

bah i get an error that im trying to fix hence why i said may

lol, take your time, I'd just love to use the config so I can replay the cwc campaign again. I WAS kidding.

Will be awesome to replay CWC again.. with new units and MAYBE new vehicles and planes.. biggrin_o.gif

Ok tweaking for personal usage kinda seems ok, more worried Hyakushiki might take offence and not bother doing anymore. Just the research alone on creating these units was a pain an the arse. Then the time involved in actually skinning them and post them listen to folks hacking away at em. Me I would be pissed so very pissed but thats me. mad_o.gif But everyones got to have their own oppion

Having worked on addons, and knowing all the time involved in making them some of you guys I would hunt down and skin and hang out to dry in the desert sun. Luckily I got a thicker skin than that now from being in other genres. That are much much worse than the OFP comunity. crazy_o.gif

I'm happy with the little things... the '85 and '91 troops have promask carriers that say "M17" and the 2003 troops have M-40 mask carriers. Excellent attention to detail. smile_o.gif

Hmmmm.....

If I remeber correctly, the IER pack has a decent m16a2 m203

or someone could go ahead and take Earl's m16a2 and throw a m203 on it.

Eh happy with how they are, no lag they don''t need other addons to work and look correct for the timelines my missions are based off of. Don't even cause CTDs like my own soldier units. biggrin_o.gif

ok.. i deleted that post because i messed up the config when i added the INQ weapons and deleted the "ultra" weapons.

its probably something to do w/ the number of damn }'s at the ass-end of the config , and i cant be bothered to fix it.

sorry.

i am testing a new config right now... it seems to be working, but i think im going to leave the JAM weapons on the '85/'91 troops and just add the INQ M249 since that is more "period" to the earlier troops.

SJB has some good M16A2's in the M16A2 pbo in their SRT2 pack. There's also M203, ACOG, Tactical sniper and various camo versions in there too.

I can also recomend their M16A2 DMS in the latest DMS (Designated Marksman System) pack.

Sadly i bugered up and cant get it fixed so i have to redo the thing if i get time sad_o.gif