Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

wow, great comparison pics.

They all look little different, but even then, they all seem to fit well together.

Gollum, do you have a hi res version of those?

For you, Ebud. smile_o.gif

Woodland Hyk Army, BAS Ranger, MAP USMC

Desert version

Sufficiently hires, so as not to eat up my bandwidth too much. wow_o.gif

thanks gollum smile_o.gif

Really nice pics. They show a lot of detail.

I was just asking because i accidently d/lded v1 lastnight mad_o.gifsad_o.gif , so i dont wanna waste another hour to d/ld v2 if v3 is coming soon.

Pls update the first POST to the latest version so people can get the latest without searching through tons of pages.

Nice. Now for a copy of ECP that uses the woodland by default.

hmm.. i dont use ecp, otherwise i would help you out. i usually run under FDF mod and i believe they conflict.

my only problem here is that inq pack doesnt have a M16/M203 so i had to retain the JAM one.

IS that a replacement for tthe regular BIS units ? and what shall I do ? example bacup and overwrite ecp config with this ? or ??

( that ecp was just a example )

Right, great work! Do we use this config in place of the standard OFP config.bin? Or do we unpbo the Hyk addon and replace the config.cpp in there?

Sorry if i seem without a clue about this, but i havent worked with replacing units other than in missions and the like, rather than replacing the standard units by default in missions, campaigns, and the game in all it's entirety.

I suggest somebody finds a way of putting that in ECP...just a thought.

I've just done my own config with Earl's and BAS' weapons, now those excellent units are even more playable!!

However a decent m16a2 with M203 is badly needed.

Earl made a M203 (at least as an M4). Also there is a M16A2 in Earl's weapons. Read a few pages back and somebody posted the class and ammo name.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

is there anyone who can tell me how to "install" it ? I to overwrite ECP config .. totaly screw up.. then resores. same totaly screw up..

need to know how to "install" asap tounge_o.gif

unpack the HYK pbo, swap out the configs and repack.

this will not replace the standard BIS units. this has nothing to do w/ ECP

@milesteg:

but there is no regular M16a2 with M203 in the INQ pack, you cant use an M4/M203 w/ the '85/'91 troops

Well there is an m16a4/m203 with just a carrying handle, but it's just not it...

I created another pbo file with jaust modifed config from main addon and it replaced hte original HYK units in the editor.

Well there is an m16a4/m203 with just a carrying handle, but it's just not it...

completly incorrect for 80's and 90's troops..

though the '03 portion of the pack uses it

When using the INQ config in ECP, the default weapons are INQ ones. If someone could make a config so that the default models are the new HKY '85 woodland ones, ECP would be better. The idea of ECP was to improve the game's looks and performance, I beleive. So the weapons are already improved, and these new soldiers are the perfect ones to go with them as default. Can someone give it a go?

Post it here if you do it, as well as this topic, it would be so cool is someone would be willing to. I gave it a try but I have no idea what to do.

just replace the classnames of the troops in the ecp config w/ the classnames of the ones in th HYK pack. simple cut and paste

great..

But in mission editor I get a error  something with a scope...

And on 85/91 models I get error: "modelspecial" and cant play... mad_o.gif

anyway.. now someone must make a config who replace some old stuff with some new  tounge_o.gif

like example:

BIS US units = Hyk's Modern units

BIS russians = Sucheys Russians

BIS Blackhawk = BAS Blackhawk

BIS Shilka = DKM Shilka

BIS US tanks = SIG's modern tanks

BIS Weapons = Earl's Weapons / or INQ

BIS BMP = VIT's BMPs / or CSLA2's BMP

and so on   biggrin_o.gif

Well I really have no clue where to find each bit and exactly what to do. So, if somebody was willing to do it I think it would benefit the whole community (those of us who choose to use ECP).

make sure these addons are in your ecp addons folder. maybe that will fix it.

@hyakushiki

After seeing these units in action I must say they are even better than I first thought. They look very good. But on one part I have to agree with Ebud;

The brwon in the three colour desert is too orange. I didn't notice this earlier because I was unable to DL them until today, so I has to look at the pictures only. THe brown should indeed be, well.. browner smile_o.gif

It's a minor thing. For the rest they look great!

The woodland pattern isen't too light as some are trying to let you believe. Try them on Tonal and you'll see they blend in almost perfectly.