Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

Now all we need are Army Special Forces, or better known as GREEN BERETS, oh and PJ's and SEAL's and then we shall have complete US military ground forces :-) No pressure on you though hyakushiki HAHA.

George

Very nice textures, nice models - our Japanese colleagues did awesome work on these GIs unclesam.gif I am very impressed by the woodland version, OFP needed them bad smile_o.gif

It seems we should cancel our effort to make some better US infantry from 1980ies now... sad_o.gif

Looking awesome man, I am just about to try them out.

Someone previously mentioned having the possibility setObjectTexture armpatches, that would be very nice so that you could have your 82nd airborne infantry, 4'thID and so on and so on...

I'll edit this post when I get back from testing these badboys smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] thought they WERE the army , what are these units when are they deployed anyone got real pics?

As Hyakushiki said, by looking at the helmet and shoulder, the Woodland infantry is from the 2nd Infantry Division, US Army, and the Desert camo is from the 3rd ID (Mechanized), US Army. The 3rd ID has been very active in Iraq and pics can be found of them on militaryphotos.net

Pic 1 of 3rd ID soldier

Pic2 of 3rd ID soldier

The 2nd ID is based in South Korea and is actually made up of both Americans and Koreans in a program known as KATUSAs (Korean Augmentation to US Army).

Good texture! And at last something to have to the BAS Tonal map.

OMG I LOVE you hyakushiki!

This is the addon I have been asking for since day ONE for OFP! biggrin_o.gif

DLing now, if there's something wrong with the weapons I can always replace them for Earl's/others. wink_o.gif

WOW. I have to say that these are the BEST units ever released for ofp to date. I'm not kidding. this just blows everything outta the water completely. no lies. best units ever.

Greeeeat units! biggrin_o.gif I'm so happy! Especially the desert soldiers are just perfect!

But: The woodland camos are a bit too bright. sad_o.gif They don't blend in with most terrain and don't match all the numerous real-life pictures I have seen of them. They are very high-quality, but it would help a lot to make them darker. smile_o.gif

The Ultra-weapons are good for a 1-minute laugh in the editor, but I don't know what else to do with them. tounge_o.gif

Anyway, thank you very very much for this needed addon! smile_o.gif

btw I have the newest version

eh, good, this is somthin to hold me over until the othe US Modern Inf. pack comes out thith those nice M2's

and also the US MI woodland 85 LAW person, when i try to play with him it says "modelspecial"

Guest major gandhi
Someone need to make a new config. who make that the old units get replaced with these new one  biggrin_o.gif

Perhaps ECP can add this to their mod. They already made one config which changed all normal weapons to those of the INQ-Weaponpack. May be they can do the same with this american units.

Wow.  Amazing.  Coupled with Earl & Suchey's weapons they are perfect!  I agree with others said in that the M60 should be with the '85 soldiers and the M240 MG should replace the M60 on the 2003 soldiers.   Also the 2003 soldiers should use the M249 SAW as well.  The M240 is a platoon level weapon while the M249 is a squad level weapon (hence the name SAW or Squad Automatic Weapon) with one SAW per squad.

Many units still use the M16A2, but most infantry units have switched over to various versions of the M4 rifle... and apparently a few US Army units are using the M16A4 rifles according to some pics someone posted on another thread in the discussions section.  

At any rate, Earl & Suchey's weapons have all of these rifles and machine guns so they are a good match for these beautiful US Army infantry addons.  

Hats off to our Japanese comrads for a job well done!!!

Perfect for Japanese (BOH Mod)/American joint operations against Remo's North Korean mod.   smile_o.gif

This pack also compliments the BAS Ranger/Delta Force addons very nicely.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

excuse me? compliments BAS's pack? LOL. I'd say its the other way around.... wink_o.gif the tables have turned...

excuse me? compliments BAS's pack? LOL. I'd say its the other way around.... wink_o.gif the tables have turned...

agree

Wow! wow_o.gif

That came out of nowhere! crazy_o.gif

I always like to see something released which i've never seen before and especially if this addon has a great quality! smile_o.gif

It's much better than being tortured with screenshots and knowing every detail before the release. wink_o.gif

agree

Umm...it compliments BAS addons because now we have the whole U.S Army (well, the most important units except SF).

BAS spec ops + BoH regular Infantry = U.S Army. smile_o.gif

edit:

It's much better than being tortured with screenshots and knowing every detail before the release. wink_o.gif

Agree. wink_o.gif

for these all we really need is a set texture option to allow various army units and maybe a change of the weapons..I agree Earls weapons would be a perfect fit..then we'd only be missing a M16A2

The M240 is a platoon level weapon while the M249 is a squad level weapon (hence the name SAW or Squad Automatic Weapon) with one SAW per squad.

@ Miles: Um... there's one SAW per fire team (2 per squad). wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@ reconmerc: Earl made an M-16A2 I think. I know one was released with the "Current Conflict" beta Marine, and I thought it made it into the Marine pack too.

@ reconmerc: Earl made an M-16A2 I think. I know one was released with the "Current Conflict" beta Marine, and I thought it made it into the Marine pack too.

That's true, it's very hidden there, I think the code is c8xm16a2, the weapon is mentioned in the readme but IIRC not the code, strangely. smile_o.gif

edit: I reitarate: THIS ADDON IS F****G AMAZING! biggrin_o.gif Try zooming in on the textures, at *least* as good as BAS rangers.

I'll shut up now. wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

That's true, it's very hidden there, I think the code is c8xm16a2, the weapon is mentioned in the readme but IIRC not the code, strangely. smile_o.gif

Yeps..

yes but I unfortunatly there is no m16a2 with m203 gernade launcher sad_o.gif

and the JAM versions of the weapons have some bugs.. but I guess I'm the only one who bothers.

Would it be possible to use earl's weapons in the next version of these guys? (please!)

With earls M16A2:

InfM16A2Earl.jpg

I would like to see earls weapons on this units, when they are on the BAS Delta/Ranger.

It´s very confusing, having all those different M4s, M16s... etc in one map/mission.

MfG Lee

In case you couldn't find it:

It's not in the readme but there is an m16a2 in MAP

Name of the class to be typed:

"C8XM16A2"

what about a decent m16a2 with m203 addon, is anyone aware of such thing?