Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

It would appear that the legendary Japanese goal in the art of striving to obtain perfection is still there today, as it was of old.  smile_o.gif

Hyakushiki,

these units a beautiful!

My only concern is that the camo is too light as Gollum illustrated. Were it darkened down a bit it would be much better imho.

woodamericans.jpg

And I am VERY curious as to whether or not anyone has experianced any lag due to their high res textures as Ebud pointed out.

Thank you for a gorgeous set of units that were badly needed for the game.

And congratulations!

Zay

3) One weapon that nobody has done to my knowledge is the M-16A4, which is in most infantry BN's now

4) All M-16/M-4 weapons systems have Aimpoint M68's

5) All M240B have the M145 machine gun optic

don't know where ur getting the info from but these statements just ain't true only a few army units are using the A4 version of the M-16 and not EVERY single soldier in the army has his weapon outfitted with optics...the mainstay weapon for the regular grunt(which is what I think is trying to be modelled here) still using the regular old M-16A2 assault rifle some are "ninjaed" out with optics and what not but some are not. The only units that have mostly M-4s now are the airborne units and the 10th mountain, your regular "leg" units still mostly use the M-16A2 as it's primary weapon...its hard for some to remember when you say regular army that includes ALL units not just airborne, armored, calvary or mech units that includes mp units, civil affair units, etc and your not gonna see a mechanic walkin around with a M4 all ninjaed out with aimpoint optics, m203 etc etc....so long as the addon maker doesn't have these guys walkin around with a bunch of "high speed" gear like a SF team they should look ok..to be honest I like how they are now besides not being able to change the unit patches...

QUite interesting I am in the army nation guard and i was looking the soldiers magazine in the january 2004 edition named 'Soldiers Almanac' which lists all of the weapons (ships,weapons,vehicles, etc) currently fielded by the army. It has this sextion of the m-16 Rifle.

>M-16 Rifle

Type: Assault Rifle

Entered Army Service:1964

Variants:M-16a1/A2/A3

Specifications:

Caliber:5.56mm

Weight:7.5lbs

Range:800m

Rate of fire: Variable, depending on rate selected.

So since Soldiers magazine is the official US Army Magazine I would say they dont use the m16a4 but rather the m16a3 which i have seen a few of. But at the same time alot of the guys in my units have just added rail systems to their m16a2 so they kinda look like m16a4's and could easily be mistaken for it. Just wanted to post this as i hear everyone saying a4 a4 but i am pretty sure the a4 is only navy/marine/ soon to be airforce.

If anyone has anything that can prove the Armys Official magazine wrong and their inventory lists please do post i would like to see what the truth really is. Here in the guard though we dont tend to get to many facny weapons :-\

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

Oh and BTW reconmercs is right about the armys use the of m16a2 its used quite widely and un as i call it 'stoked out' or all kinda of extras added to it. I did buy a ACOG for mine though but i had to pay for it and some people do have to others get it for free. Anyways bye.

reconmercs are you in the army or something?

lol..naw..I'm not and never have been in the U.S. Army..I'm just surrounded by ALOT of soldiers everyday..I'm currently at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona.. where 95% of my friends including my roommate are in the U.S. Army..I'm myself am going Navy next year when I grad hopefully with a flight slot..anywho hope that clears that up..I don't want someone thinking I'm something I'm not

@Blackdeath

I saw that issue too..they've got the commanche listed in there I think, pity they decided to not to bring it into service

yeah although it sais its under development.

>RAH-66 Comanche

Type:Reconnaissance/ attack helicopter prototype

Entered Army Service: Under Development

Specifications:

Length Overall:46ft 9 in

Weight:10,597lbs

Range:1,260nm

Crew:2

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

Well ran off and played with them for a few hours giggling like a little school girl.

The images are well over 100K so you have been warned.

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/bobcatt/cbtm551-01.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/bobcatt/cbtm551-02.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/bobcatt/cbtm551-03.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/bobcatt/cbtm551-04.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/bobcatt/cbtm551-05.jpg

((Don't bother asking about the tank it will get done when it gets done.)) Only displayed to show off the new troops, as 82nd Airborne in a Desert Shield/Storm era situation. I like the new troops a lot, my only gripe was some mild texture stretching on the lower legs. shows only when posed oddly, like on the backs of armor and in 5 tons. Just nice to have regular Army troops now, he even bothered making the M17A1 Gas mask with the carrier, which anyone who's gotten to enjoy wearing one of thoses for four hours in a humid summer weather knows they suck, scary taking it off before you drown in your own sweat. And hear a cup of sweat splash on your boots after you broke the seal. Guys might need these green checkered patern parkas we were issued that was supposed to thrart night vission gear, only problem was it was tested on US NVGs. OR first gen systems. Kinda the same joke of the 6 color desert uniforms in the saudi desert, better off wearing day glow orange bdus you stick out less. And why we quickly dropped then and went tri-color. Missing gloves also, the military two part miltary gloves so you can touch something metal without branding yourself. Officer should be wearing a fritz also, but kinda normal problem witn OFP so it carried over. Another thing would be the OD green medical arm slings used as bandanas because of the choking sand. The patches on the uniforms are very diffcult to set into the propor spots on the OPF models often you get in the right spot, it will peal away and curl back when your in the prone and look sloppy. Annoying how the bicepts get knife edges in the prone. Need to get a closer look how the LAW launcher is carried, should be across the back seldom carried by the sling usually slipped through the straps of your ruck, or attached to your buttpack. Noticing newer units have the law collapes so it don't clip the models behind when they are crawling. Was too busy fighting BTR-80s off to watch the LAW guy while he was picking off a couple of them.

Well I'm gonna go enjoy the new men, any questions in this tread about the tank will be chearfully ignored. Being off topic and hope a moderator spanks ya good.

according to my earlier post about the a4/a3 m16. Army Magazines (a unofficial army magazine) inventory list for the army has the m16a4 as the armys weapon and the a3 as navy/airforce which i do beleive it right i thought it was someone messed up in the official army magazine and hit 3 instead of 4 i guess. Anyways bye,

BlackDeath

Nice work. Respect from an ORCS team. So our 512*512 texturizing technology lives.)

So my colleagues is there, please avoid comments like "kill all this russians". Respect other nations like yourselves.

ive made a modified config for these units replacing the weapons on the '03 guys w/ earls weapons and the BAS M240. I also added units w/ M249s and Javelins

the '85 and '91 guys keep their Jam weapons but i added M249 units and replaced the carl gustav with the AT4 on the '91 desert units.

i dont know if i can give out this config w/o permission.....

Methought that every flashpoint fan can replace weapons in config on itself.

Btw, it looks like Rah-66 Comanche will not be introduced in USAF. It's production stopped 'cause of a very high cost.

I think these are the best modeled and textured U.S. Infantry troops I have ever seen. Great job!

[sOC]Monty

@denorc

im not claiming to have done something special... but many people on this thread have been asking for it..so i guess everyone cant do it for themselves...

im no addon maker, but i routinely pop open the pbo's of all my addons and tweak them to my desired specs. i dont play MP so i fiddle w/ everything.. for instance my DKM black eagle now has the RHS crew and Sigmas tank weapons instead of "Sabot" and "MG" and these modern US troops are being supported by the BOH AH-64 which i liberated from the mod to a PBO of its own. not ground breaking, but not everyone wants to tkae the time to do it.

To bad that you couldn't find any russian soldier pictures.Maybe you could contact russian teams like ORCS or RHS I am sure they have usefull pictures.The reason why I want a Russian version so much is that your great model puts to shame BIS old one.And if I am not mistaken your soldiers are taller then BIS,so in missions they just don't seem to match very well..

earls weapons could be used and just keep the default 203 that the addon came with...

The M16's would look very mismatched and wrong, they look completely different.

Quick comparison of U.S camos. wink_o.gif

http://ofptf.ofpr.com/hosted/Gollum1/desamericans.jpg

http://ofptf.ofpr.com/hosted/Gollum1/woodamericans.jpg

IMO the best for wood is Marpat and Hyk for desert. The BAS camos look too bright in both cases, I actually put a desert Ranger on Winter Nogojev and he fit pretty well. wow_o.gif That's not to say the Hyk woodland is also much too bright.

Those three addons are all still soo great. biggrin_o.gif

btw those pics aren't working ebud. sad_o.gif

Great shots. As Ebud said; they seem to fit together. On the woodland this is the most obvious; they don't look as completely different soldiers. Great!

I disagree with people saying the woodland pattern in this addon is too light. I also disagree with people saying the BAS woodland is too light. Actually there no real perfect way to do the cammo; when new it looks completely different than when worn out. And there are also different manufacturers (spelling?) and privatly purchased jackets and vests and stuff like that. So an array of uniforms all looking slightly different is not wrong, it's actually closer to reality than all addons using the same cammo textures. And of course there's the golden rule: if you don't like an addon, don't use it. But don't start complaining about it.

About the BAS desert;

it's too light and they know it is. They said they would change it but not in the interim update.

@ebud;

Yes your textures on the DeRa's are very good and we all still like your addon. Like some said; This addon cannot replace the DeRa and it's not meant to do that. It's much better to use them side by side together with the Marine Assault Pack.

You said something about the woodland cammo pattern being too small. Do you have the old or the new version?? I think the new version looks just right. The old version indeed looked more like ERDL, but this was fixed.

Hyk, can I suggest that you say something about these on the OFPEC forums, and possibly go about implementing them in ECP to replace the regular BIS soldier models. It would really improve ECP, because although the new weapons models in it are excellent, the soldier models make them look a little bad. What do you think?

when you have 4 or more squads of these i got some lag

ive changed weapons to INQ weapons they suit these very wellthey also replace the standered units now which is very cool biggrin_o.gif

lag with or without the INQ weapons?? The INQ weapons use JPEG textures which are known to cause lag. In combination with high-res testures on these units this may cause your lag

with witch would explain it but it only slows down in forests and built up areas smile_o.gif

I'm playing with these using the ECP mod, so the INQ weapons are in by default. They look great.

Sorry to go offtopic but I thought that the Pentagon cancelled the project completely?rock.gif? Also I didn't know the Airforce wanted the Commanche. As far as I knew it was strictly a US Army scout helicopter project.

Here is what CNN reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/02/23/helicopter.cancel.ap/

It very clearly states that the Pentagon cancelled the Army's program to develop this helicopter. It doesn't mention any other services and I don't think the Marines or Airforce would be interested. The Airforce doesn't operate scout helicopters as far as I know and the Marines have their Bell UH-1 series of helicopters that they are still using and developing.

Anyways...speaking of helicopters, these troops look good in the BAS helicopters. smile_o.gif

I just hope that these units will get a good weapons pack. But really for that I think that should wait until BAS remakes their weapons pack with Earl's weapons.

As it is now for accurate weapons representation with the 03 troops, you have to use both Earl's and BAS's weapons pack which kinda sucks... but oh well.

They should get together to make one big super weapons pack. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I read they cancelled that becasue i would get outdated quickly so they updated the kiowas with the money instewad rock.gif

I'm starting to like these a bit more after I play them a bit.

Whomever has an ecp with these guys and earles weapons, PLEASE let me have a copy, or at least post it for the rest of us smile_o.gif

After looking at screens of other games today, I think we're very lucky to have normal units like these, BAS delta and rangers then Suchy's marines for US units, then add in all the other high quality east untis. I was looking at Kuma War, and they're units are low quality compared to the units we get to have. There are few games that can really beat what the community has done here. This game still gets better by the day. Amazing.

Hey ill do a copy of these with earls weapons I only have them done with INQs high deatil ones biggrin_o.gif