Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

yeah pics?

im excited!!!!!!!

OK, I've uploaded a few images of the updated SEALs, and if you look closely you'll see some images of the updates made to some of the weapons. Check out the images here.

Wow, how about that LBV eh?  wink_o.gif

I've seen that somewhere  wink_o.gif

Alot of people here haven't seen that LBV, but a few have.

Hey nice work jackal. Perhaps this pic is of some use to you.

Arch.

Just btw most real SEALs I have seen in pictures are a lot uglier than those Hollywood pretty boys. tounge_o.gif

Cool! Only comment is that the pattern on the lags looks way too large and is too clean. So you need to redo that part, I'm afraid. Also; the pattern is the same on both legs. It's better to use another pattern on one leg. That will look better. For the rest it looks great.

noice

looks way cool!!!!!!!!!

Well, I have some (very) bad news I'm affraid. A friend of mine working on an OFP news site noticed a comment posted about the SJB SEALs on one of the sites news threads. It stated that the new rig and textures were from VBS1, and that it was illegal for me to use them. As it turns out, the textures are from VBS1 (or it seems highly likely they are, I cannot be certain as someone contacted me via e-mail and said they had textures from one of their projects I could use instead of the old textures featured in the Public Beta released a while ago). Until I clear up this mess and sort out the exact facts of both the origin of the texture files, and the legal implications if they are indeed VBS1 textures, the SEALs and associated addons (weapons etc.) are on hold indefinately. I'm sorry for the delay, but at the end of the day, its my butt on the line if the statements made upon the news site are true (and right now that is looking very likely indeed).

damn sad_o.gif i hope you can get this all straightened out. your work adds so much to the game.

Yes these parts are from vbs, was checking the pics with a friend who said he thinks these look very vbs like, so we were looking at the vbs vests and its absolute identical, the folds n everything.

Must be pretty bad news for you mate  sad_o.gif

Well i hope you soon can replace them and release these nice looking units, i especially liked the headgear.

this is realy bad news ......i wont survive this sad_o.gif (i think tounge_o.gif )

first the much needed SRT pack gets on hold and now the (even harder needed) seals are on hold (no wonder that guba could run over nato :P:P)

hope you can sort this mess out.

hope ur ahight man

its all good

u have to always look after number 1 first

hope everything gets sorted out

two things the texuters look like BAs textures in my mind at least the BAS woodland cammies but even if the vest is from VBS1 y would it really matter its just a vest and its not like we dont know wat our military vest look like so its nothing top secret

who the f*ck gave you vbs1 textures?..... mad_o.gif

Jackal, you may have already done this, but I would recommend you contact the BIS team and confirm whther or not the textures are VBS or not.

P.S. (To everyone) please don't comment about this here - this is for SJB and BIS to work out.

They are infact from VBS.  A year or so ago, a VBS1 Unit was leaked, by who, I don't know, but some people got a hold of them.

[mg]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1412/YAFSScreen_007.jpg[/img]>100kb

This is clearly a mistake on Jackals side, he had no intention of using them.

Good luck finding some new textures, shouldn't be to hard.

Its still being worked out, I'll post news as and when I get it.

Cheers for your patience guys.

At first i was hesitant to have the tos: seals but then after I see this new work you got on your website I'm thinking they'll be good to use maybe alongside extractions seals. I was wanting to tell you jackal, the guy with the beret on, he could fit in as some kind of military colonel or head honcho at SOCOM. I don't see him as a field operator though. My favorite is the guy with the bandana on. Kinda reminds me of this guy

What a boonie hat in ofp should look like...