Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

If you can get the rig of the sawgunner look like this, than I'll be very happy, jackel biggrin_o.gif

Hope to see your awesome work soon

Well, the units are on hold as you know, but the weapons are not. Progress is still being made fine tuning existing models and adding new weapons. Yes, you heard...well read it at least...the weapons pack is expanding. In my efforts to make the weapon pack more inclusive, broadening my horizons from ONLY weapons featured in the 'Tears of the Sun' film, I've decided to include several other weapons in the pack, that weren't necessarily featured in the film, but a Special Forces/SEAL Team might use in the field.

They include (but are not limited to) the following:

- AKS-47,

- H&K MP5-N,

- H&K MP5-SD6,

- M14,

- M249 PARA (A modification of the existing M249 with the 'soft' ammo bag),

- M4A1 (Reflex sight),

- M4A1 (Modified Cobra sight).

I'll post screenshots soon.

Quicker than I anticipated, I've managed to round up some screenshots (I'd forgotten I'd already posted about these on my SJB Forums.

- M249 PARA: http://sjb.ofpr.com/tos/weapons/images/SJB_TOS_M249_Para.jpg

- AKS-47: http://sjb.ofpr.com/tos/weapons/images/SJB_AKS-47.jpg

- MP5-SD6: http://sjb.ofpr.com/tos/weapons/images/SJB_TOS_MP5SD6_NEW.jpg

- M4A1 with Modified Cobra sight: http://sjb.ofpr.com/tos/weapons/images/SJB_TOS_M4A1_ModCobra.jpg

I'll probably post more screenshots sometime this weekend.

Wow, cool looking weapons. Can we also expect Eotechs on your m4's, that would be a nice addition to your weaponpack.

Arch.

I'll consider the idea, but thats not a guarantee.

Nice weapons wink_o.gif

Cool work as allways wink_o.gif

I think you must try to add working flashlight to weapons I know it is hard to do but think someone must make it for weapons would be a new and ussefull feature wink_o.gif

I'll see what my scripter and I can come up with, but no promises.

You know, H and K has a good series of submachine guns that you could look into for your pack. The hk pack made them but...who wants to download that whole thing for your seals? Think about making some H and K subs like the PDW and MP5K, maybe the SMG2.

I have been researching a M4 for a while now and I haven't seen a reflex sight too much.

Apparently it was replaced by it's supperior brother Eotech (well, a holo sight). It's more reliable. In the more bright light reflex gets washed out by it.

Today we actualy have:

- Holo sight (Eotech or Bushnell)

- reddot sight (aimpoint) (stimes with NV sight)

- Acog (different models with night illumination)

- Scope from Leupold or Unertl

- or basically a back up iron sight

- Eclan (Canadians and Aussies)

I may be wrong, but i am quite sure that I have not seen a M4 with a reflex. I've seen a 9mm though (MP5, MP7, ect)

These are all suggestions of course not demands or anything like that. biggrin_o.gif

OK, in order:

- Holo sight - I've just made it editing the BAS M4 from the SOAR Pilot addon after Architeuthis mentioned it would be a good idea to include it. (Permission pending).

- Aimpoint (Already included)

- Acog (Already included)

- Scope (No plans to include anything other than the one currently featured on the Marksman M4)

- Back-up iron-sight (Already included)

- Elcan - I've just made one using the textures from the KMM Diemaco Pack after discussion over MSN with Fransden who wanted one on an M4 SOPMOD. (Permission pending).

That just about covers it :P

BoweryBaker: I may include an MP5-K/PDW

Some of the textures are (and the stock/receiver are), but the fore-grip etc is home made. The original authors will be fully credited (and permission has been gained where possible).

Also I want to use your weapons for my seals if it is ok with you  rock.gif

Of course it is, I suggested it in the first place over on your SEAL's thread tounge_o.gif

Any chance of a folded stock AK version?

There's nothing wrong with the one in the pic(looks great) but no one seems to make the folded stock versions.

Looking good on the weapons. biggrin_o.gif

ummmm... what do you mean by folded stock? Cause the on hes got there definatly isnt a solid stock AK. btw nice work bro keep it up.

i think he means with the stock folded in. Where there wouldnt be anything to put against your shoulder.

Yes...with the stock folded in.

The one shown is a good looking AK but I'm saying that no one ever makes a folded/no stock AK version (in general) and it would be great to have one.

Looking really great Jackal,

What do you think of this M14 Sopmod?

http://www.troyind.com/gallery.htm

I can see Bruce sporting one of these (though hopefully he'd get the sight on the right way round wink_o.gif )

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Oh YES! Jackle PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do one of these M14 SOPMOD's, and do us and yourself the favor of being the first addon maker in the community to have done it.

That is one of the most awsome guns I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of guns! It's been one of my favorites since I saw it on DefRev more than a year ago. I've seen an amazing one done for GR, ththat would make you crap your pants. ( http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=12632 )

And ExtracTioN, it would also be awesome for the SEAL pack! This is as "cutting edge" as it gets, and DEVGRU, is one of those types of units that could be seen carrying anything. ANd this includes tricked out, tweaked up, freaky-deaky ultra-modern race guns like this M14 SOPMOD. Right now, any unit in Task Force 121, has pratically an unlimited budget, and a very long leash. Every gun I've seen carried by them in RL pictures are super-expensive, totally customized kitbashes.

DEVGRU; When you care enough to send the very best!

good to hear bout the weapons!!!!!!

any chance of jam2 this time round pretty plz smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

good to hear bout the weapons!!!!!!

any chance of jam2 this time round pretty plz smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

No please. JAM sounds suck and those weapons had some pretty exciting sounds with them. Don't change that.

jam 2 compliant then

since if u dont any like anything about jam u can change it, bullet speed, dammage, range and even sounds

so pls just make it jam compliant

so ppl have best of both worlds