Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

yeah i definitely like these better.

do keep them for future versions smile_o.gif

It does look a lot better.

BIS texes just do not look very good ingame and take away from a good addon rather than add to it.

hey, that looks better, but it looks very... "flat."

But I do agree that new textures are needed. The BIS textures are fine, and fit in nicely to the CWC islands, AND are technically correct as they are made from photos, but people want something new.

great quick job on them.

Agreed, I think I'll add a few more creases/wrinkles in the material, especially on the leg textures, and then add some mud splatter to give it a "used" look as opposed to the "fresh from the dry-cleaners" look.

also since you stretched the bottom points of the pants down, you have some texture stretching going on. If you pull down the points that are just below the knee joints it should fix that.

OK, I'll work on that ASAP, thanks for the advice Ebud.

In other news, I've been working on the SOCOM pistol. The latest screenshot of which can be found HERE

maybe try this: more contrast (just a tiny bit) and lower the brightenes. Add more creases and dirt and BAM youre set.

I'll consider your suggestions Sgt. Stryker, and I'll probably include them when I come around to creating the wound textures.

I've just been working on the model, fine-tuning the positioning of various items of kit, and adding the arm-patch system to the new model.

I'll post more images in the near future.

Also did any of them have a machete straped to thier back? I dunno maybe im getting movies confused, but itd be cool anyways. Great work man keep it up.

The Rebel commander who kills the priest/aid worker does, but i think all the Americans had were small, combat knives.

EDIT: I havn't kept up with this thread, but if it hasn't been asked already, any chance we could have one of those combat knives, with a StrokeFist animation as the attack? Possibly witha script so that anyone within 1m in front dies or something to make it a weapon? rock.gif Dunno how easy all that stuff is to do though.

Dunno how easy all that stuff is to do though.

not easy...

why not use bayonet script from UKF Soldier pack that is released few days ago wink_o.gif

That would get the actual attacking part sorted, but then there is the defining of the weapon itself...for a knife weapon to be shown in the guys hand and for the guys to actually carry it, it would either need to be defined as a handgun, or a rifle/at weapon, none of which ar practical. I will gladly model one and place it in a holster on the ankle/hip/where-ever, but making it a weapon seems far to much work, and as Cpt. FrostBite rightly pointed out, it wont be easy.

hmm, a Meyerco machette hanging from the side of the combat belt or backpack ... yeah, it would look cool smile_o.gif

(edit - in its holster naturally)

^second that. It will look good and is quite realistic as they soemtimes do need to cut themselves a path through the bush.

hmm, a Meyerco machette hanging from the side of the combat belt or backpack ... yeah, it would look cool smile_o.gif

(edit - in its holster naturally)

Someone might have a working machete addon in the works *wink wink* biggrin_o.gif I'll tell you more soon...

TELL ME NOW OR DIE, YOU PATHETIC MOD!!!

sorry, got a little carried away by the thought of a working machette sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

TELL ME NOW OR DIE, YOU PATHETIC MOD!!!

sorry, got a little carried away by the thought of a working machette sad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

rock.gif

...don't wanna hijack this thread...when there's more news, I'll create a new thread...

...now, SILENCE!!! tounge_o.gif

The Rebel commander who kills the priest/aid worker does, but i think all the Americans had were small, combat knives.

EDIT: I havn't kept up with this thread, but if it hasn't been asked already, any chance we could have one of those combat knives, with a StrokeFist animation as the attack? Possibly witha  script so that anyone within 1m in front dies or something to make it a weapon? rock.gif  Dunno how easy all that stuff is to do though.

found at OFPNeWs: Handguns:

http://www.ofpnews.info/ofp/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=480

theres no cool stroke fist aniamtion or anything when fired. but as far as a working knife tht kills someone 1m infront of you. . this is it.

downside is: AI has no clue what to do with it

Anyway, v2.0 is going into final testing within the next few hours, which will hopefully pin-point any last-minute bugs before release, so, depending on how many/few bugs are found (hopefully none), expect the new release to be out sometime within the next week/two weeks.

I haven't had time to include the machete/knife yet, but as I will be continuing to update this addon in the future adding new features etc. expect it to be a feature of one future version.