Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

I will try to add JAM compatibility to v2.0 of the pack (it will be in the form of another PBO file, so it can be optional and not mandatory).

I looked into the 'M14 SOPMOD' and I decided not to include it in the pack.

Actually, it's the realm of badass guns and modeling.

Just my two pesos.

But Cornhelium know's what I'm on about. That weapon rocks, and Thumper did some fantastic work on that model. I don't even own GR, but I'd have to DL that 7.62 pack he did. That guy has some real skill.

Earl, also does GR modeling. And his OFP models are awesome.

It's too bad you won't do that gun. sad_o.gif Oh well, somehow, I'll have to try to liive through the loss. wink_o.gif

In other news, my FTP access to the site is acting up, so I an currently unable to upload new images of the updated weapons. I'll upload them as and when I am able to do so.

Man once this is finished, this is going to be off the hook. Unconventional warfare all the way baby.

I watched the film today and felt the need to download the TOTS BETA version, what can I say, these units are absoultely amazing!

Keep up the good work, SJB! biggrin_o.gif

Just one quick note;

I was using the SD versions of the weapons and they don't actually appear to be "silent". Is this supposed to happen?

When I fire with the original HK MP5 SD at an unsuspecting ruskie from behind, the surrounding patrols don't "hear".

However, when I use the TOTS SD weapons, the patrols react as if it was a "loud" weapon.

I know its at BETA stage but I thought you'd like to know biggrin_o.gif

Indeed that is the case, the weapons are not as silenced as the BIS HK, but that is intended. The detection values are reduced by a considerable amount ("visibleFire=15" and "audibleFire=15" for the regular M4, compared to "visibleFire=3.75" and "audibleFire=1.5" for the suppressed M4s), but not as far as the BIS HK, which is almost completely silent. The M4s, due to their lack of integrated suppressor (its an attachment), is not as effective as that of the MP5. As far as I know that is correct, but I may be wrong.

It'd be cool if since its silenced it actually performed that way in the game. If not then whats the use?

*sigh*

My point is, its not perfectly silenced. It only reduces noise and flash immissions of the weapon by roughly 30db. If you don't like it tough, I'm not changing it, so just live with it.

It's realistic.

Remember that a normal silenced M4 still uses supersonic ammunition. So you stil get a supersonic crack when the round leaves the barrel.

The silencer for the M4 was designed to lower the distance on which a shot can be heard from (aprox) 1000m to (aprox) 100m. It also almost completely eliminates the flash. So from a distance it's completely silent, but in CQB it only helps to save your ears and you're less likely to give away your position to the entire town when firing your rifle. Note that the 'silencer' for the M4 is designated as 'sound supressor' and not 'silencer'.

There is a subsonic ammo for the M4, but this produces so little gass (due to less gunpowder in the cartridge) that the reload machanism won't work. So the operator needs to manually reload the rifle after every shot. The bullet is also completely useless beyond 100m. The only advantage is that it's just as silence as the MP5 when you use the silencer. This ammo is rarely used if it is used at all.

Quote[/b] ]Indeed that is the case, the weapons are not as silenced as the BIS HK, but that is intended.

Ok, i'm glad thats cleared up biggrin_o.gif

Another thing I noticed last night was the "M4 Customised Marksman" used by a unit has some real trouble trying to shoot people!

I had the unit on the highest skill setting, firing at a mounted machine gun on top of a building - he kept constantly shooting just to the left of the ruskie.

Just thought you'd like to know if its gone unnoticed wink_o.gif

Hmm, I'll look into that.

In other news, my FTP access now works, so I'll be able to upload screenshots of the update weapons in the next few days. blues.gif

...the "M4 Customised Marksman" used by a unit has some real trouble trying to shoot people!

I had the unit on the highest skill setting, firing at a mounted machine gun on top of a building - he kept constantly shooting just to the left of the ruskie...

I investigated this, and found that the unit will fire at the gun itself, not necessarily the gunner - as is the case with most weapons if given the order to target fixed weapon emplacements. Although each time I ordered my Marksman to engage from various angles in relation to the M2, within 3 or 4 shots the gunner was dead at ranges of roughly 300m.

Hmm, I'll look into that.

In other news, my FTP access now works, so I'll be able to upload screenshots of the update weapons in the next few days. blues.gif

Well I reckon those 'few days' have passed by now. So how is the weapon pack progressing?

Arch.

I was sent exclusive info and screens about a week ago, you can find them here. wink_o.gif

I was sent exclusive info and screens about a week ago, you can find them here.  wink_o.gif

way to unexclusive the exclusives tounge_o.gif ,

Nice shots, especially the camo m4, i look forward to that

I also love that M4. But it should have sights or a scope. It's way too tricked out to be iron sights only.

I was considering putting an optic on it, however that presented several issues.

1) If I put an ACOG 4X32 Day optic on it, there will always be at least 50 people whinging that I didn't put an aimpoint or an Elcan on it.

2) If I put an Aimpoint on it, there will always be at least 50 people whinging that I didn't put an Acog or an Elcan on it.

3) If I put an Elcan on it, there will always be at least 50 people whinging that I didn't put an Acog or an Aimpoint on it.

ETC.

So in an attempt to 'please' everyone (an impossible task in many game communities, including this one), I planned to leave it with just iron-sights. If a commonly agreed optic can be discussed here, I will add that optic, if not, then it'll stay as it is.

So in an attempt to 'please' everyone (an impossible task in many game communities, including this one), I planned to leave it with just iron-sights. If a commonly agreed optic can be discussed here, I will add that optic, if not, then it'll stay as it is.

then people are going to complain by it not having a ACOG, elcan or Aimpoint  tounge_o.gif   Nah man.

Just hows the thing going with the stolen textures proplem. now that I've seen the movie. I really want god TOS units wink_o.gif

Well, I am currently developing a VBS1 version of the addon, whereby I can use the textures without any repercussions. Once that is completed, I will begin 'fixing' it for OFP.

I was considering putting an optic on it, however that presented several issues.

1) If I put an ACOG 4X32 Day optic on it, there will always be at least 50 people whinging that I didn't put an aimpoint or an Elcan on it.

2) If I put an Aimpoint on it, there will always be at least 50 people whinging that I didn't put an Acog or an Elcan on it.

3) If I put an Elcan on it, there will always be at least 50 people whinging that I didn't put an Acog or an Aimpoint on it.

ETC.

Dude, do it the way YOU want. You're the artist. This isn't Burger King, wherre you get everything YOUR way. Screw'em if they con't be satisfied.

That said, you could simply do them in the manner that would be considered most realistc for the weapon, unit, and time period in question. And as I know you've seen in real SPR's, rail systems allow for multiple sights.

I'm just saying, it's a beautiful weapon. In real life it would have a sight on it. Even a simple aimpoint, or reflex sight would do. Not a lot of iron-sight-only M4's out there, or even in the movies. Sights look cool, and, are effective in increasing accuracy, range, and probability of a hit. That's why real world operators use them.

Dude, do it the way YOU want. You're the artist. This isn't Burger King, wherre you get everything YOUR way. Screw'em if they con't be satisfied.

Yeah, that is what you say before he makes them a way you don't like tounge_o.gif.

Jackal, why not make all 3 (elcan, aimpoint, and ACOG)?? It will be a lot of work, but then no one can complain biggrin_o.gif. I'd be willing to help in any way possible, althought you know my modeling/addon amking skills are not exactly good tounge_o.gif.

ETC.

Hey, u should include SN series by US optics, several variants of acogs, c-more scopes, tacpoints. That all with ilumination options.

slap.gif

Ok, I can behave. smile_o.gif

Someone has to just make a whole range of modern optics for different purposes.

No weapons, no soldiers, just dev pack with optics for community to use.

Yeah, that is what you say before he makes them a way you don't like tounge_o.gif.

Jackal, why not make all 3 (elcan, aimpoint, and ACOG)?? It will be a lot of work, but then no one can complain biggrin_o.gif. I'd be willing to help in any way possible, althought you know my modeling/addon amking skills are not exactly good tounge_o.gif.

He's the man, he can do them how he likes. THAT's how I'd want him to make them. And so far, he's said no sights. I respect that.

But IRL, that weapon is going to sport some kind of optic.

Well Gordy, I took your comment under consideration, and have added an SN-6 optic by U.S. Optics to an M4 variant of each type (Basic M4A1, Suppressed M4A1, M4A1 with M203 and Suppressed M4A1 with M203). I've also given it a camouflaged finish, and added it to the camo M4A1 everyone seems to be complaining about because it doesn't have an optic...Well now it does! tounge_o.gif

Screenshots to come ASAP

Well Gordy, I took your comment under consideration, and have added an SN-6 optic by U.S. Optics to an M4 variant of each type (Basic M4A1, Suppressed M4A1, M4A1 with M203 and Suppressed M4A1 with M203). I've also given it a camouflaged finish, and added it to the camo M4A1 everyone seems to be complaining about because it doesn't have an optic...Well now it does! tounge_o.gif

Screenshots to come ASAP

That was a joke, but it's cool your doing it. I was planning to it myself but now I can use yours. wink_o.gif

BTW

Which model did you choose to make?