Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

SJB has just begun work on SEALs, based around those featured in the recent film, 'Tears of the Sun' starring Bruce Willis. The website can be found at http://sjb.ofpr.com/tos/, where you can locate several early images of both the units, and the weapons from the pack on the relevant pages.

If you have any further questions/suggestions about the pack, either post them here, or sign up to the SJB Forums and post them there.

This post will also act as a news post, where new screenshots and progress will be reported.

yaaaa... jackal you have finally interested me in your units!! weapons have always been great but now this... yup... your my numba one man... Remember... No hat or helmet for the team leader....... and make a good kick ass M60e4. Remember to make a radioman... and umm kool ass snipers.. ubt ill let u coordinate that...

quick back to work!

Sweet!!!  It'll be nice to finally have some more modern looking Navy SEALs to use with the SeaHawk and CH-53 addon as well as with the various US ship addons (LSD and aircraft carrier).   Sucheys Marines will provide good support for them as well.   smile_o.gif

OH...speaking of Marines.... what happened to your M40 sniper rifle Jackal? Since it appears that Digital Grenade aren't too keen on making a sniper unit, it would be nice if someone once and for all made a good M40 sniper rifle to be used for USMC addons. I saw something on one of the OFP sites that showed you and Jahve (sp?) working on an M40 for ToW. Did you guys ever make that or is ToW holding on to that?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sweet!!!  It'll be nice to finally have some more modern looking Navy SEALs to use with the SeaHawk and CH-53 addon as well as with the various US ship addons (LSD and aircraft carrier).   Sucheys Marines will provide good support for them as well.   smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I second that thought....... biggrin_o.gif

I dont know the situation of the M40A1, but that was over 6 months so I assume Jahve/TOW scrapped it.

I'll upload some new screenshots of the weapons (the USSOCOM pistol) tomorrow hopefully, if I get time.

i got a bruce willis custom face if you want it to use and "set texture" to make the team leader's face override the users custom face and always be bruce willis

Don't do that please.

I have a SAS addon that use the same face on all of them and I can't stand it.

If I want to use more than one leader in a mission they will have Bruce Willis face all of them. crazy_o.gif

@CERO.

Yeah I agree... better to have the Bruce Willis face as an option for players to use on the leader.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sweet! I've been looking forward to this. This will make excellent combat photography. smile_o.gif

YEEEE man looking very good!!!All this new things you make look amaizing.But what happend to the older projects especially the new jeeps that you were maiking i was really looking to that rock.gif?rock.gif???

I just hope you dont get any legal crap and have to change it to "Tears of the moon" starring Bruce Fillis

Quote[/b] ]...better to have the Bruce Willis face as an option for players to use on the leader

Thats what I'll do, I would never have even considered it being a forced face, as I too find things such as that annoying.

I'm about to upload some new images of the units and weapons, so watch this space.

EDIT: The new images have been uploaded, and can be found at the SJB 'Tears of the Sun' Website.

Hello.

Did you by any chance need a Monica Bellucci face?

I made one a while ago.  For a female face pack that was never released.  (perhaps when I get more time.. )

MonicaBelluci.jpg

MonicaBelluci02.jpg

I can help you with the texturing of the civilians if you wish.  I can even retexture a BIS female model for this pack if so need be..

Anyway the offer is there.

Anyway I'd be glad to donate this to this project if it's needed.

Jeremy  biggrin_o.gif

Peekaboo!

Willis's weapon configuration in real life...

IMAGE SIZE OVER 100KB!

http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/pzavisl....s20.jpg

LOL

They do too!

Well, that just shows you how badass Bruce Willis really is....he can shoot with a backwards scope!

biggrin_o.gif

...Did you by any chance need a Monica Bellucci face?

I made one a while ago.  For a female face pack that was never released...

If you could e-mail me the face I would be very appreciative - you'd be fully credited of course.

Any chances for Monica's own model?

Well, you know what i mean... biggrin_o.gif

LOL

They do too!

Well, that just shows you how badass Bruce Willis really is....he can shoot with a backwards scope!

biggrin_o.gif

"Don't worry boys, they're miles off yet!"

tounge_o.gif

I've just added yet more ingame 'Action-screenshots' of the units in various static animations by Wilco. Anyway, they can be found HERE.

Feedback is appreciated. (NOTE: The colouring of the M21 is not final and is subject to change)...unless it you guys prefer it the way it is...post opinions.

Looking great! These will go very good with the BAS Pavehawks! And will also go great on Tonal island.

I hope you will be able to re-texture a civilian male/female into wearing a doctors/surgeons coat. That would be excellent for CSAR missions!

Keep up the solid work Jackal!

The units are looking very good, as do the weapons. One question though, will you change the woodland textures to something more high-res? The default woodland that came with the game doesn't look so good compared with the newer units.

Arch.

I'm working on a Dr. Len Hendricks model (played by Monica Belluci in the film), but it wont feature a white coat, it'll be the creamish jacket and backpack she wears during the exfil.

The units are looking very good, as do the weapons. One question though, will you change the woodland textures to something more high-res? The default woodland that came with the game doesn't look so good compared with the newer units.

Arch.

I dont plan on changing them, they fit with other OFP units the way they are, so the camo will remain the same.