Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Official Stupid Quiz Thread

1072351555_richelieu.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Richelieu class (Richelieu, Jean Bart) Elegant, distinctive, innovative, and excellent. The premier french battleship, and one of very few battleships actually built that respected the 35,000 ton displacement limitation set forth in the Washington Treaty. The Richelieu sported numerous unique systems, such as foil-skinned bouyant foam capsules to prevent taking on too much water from torpedo hits, excellent void and and water filled torpedo blisters, exceptionally well designed armor, some of the best (and longest range) 15 inch guns ever built with a unique loading system. Although it started life with a relatively weak anti-aircraft system on par with the Vittorio Veneto, it was refitted by the Allies during its rather eventful history to carry a much heavier anti-aircraft suite. This class was retired in the 1950s-1960s, with the Richelieu being finally scrapped in 1970. 2x4 15/45 9 6/55 12 3.9/45 12 37mm (pre-refit #1) 24 13.2mm (pre-refit #1) 56 40mm (post-refit #1) 48 20mm (post-refit #2) 28 57mm (Jean Bart, post-war) 20 20mm (Jean Bart, post-war)

Here we go, the full monty... biggrin_o.gif

Rio de Janeiro (Battleship)

1089179991_resRiowtxt.JPGYamashita.gif

Quote[/b] ]You resemble...

Yamashita Tomoyuki

Yamashita Tomoyuki (Nov 8, 1885 - February 23, 1946) was one of the most formidable generals of the Japanese Army. His 30,000 soldiers took 80,000 Allied soldiers prisoner at the Fall of Singapore and for this he became known as the "Tiger of Malaya."

You are a diligent, ambitious and determined leader who always remains completely loyal to your superiors. Your strict discipline contributes to your ability to be an aggressive strategist and you will always be the last man standing. Your high standards can seem daunting for your followers who will never feel sufficient.

ogg.jpg

Strike!

palm.jpg

(hugs his Sony Clié)

1038911254_oliganbear.jpg

Hmm, yeah, maybe...

1061406331_ktopbrain2.jpg

Strike2!

As for the fire weapons...

Quote[/b] ]#1 Glock 17

#2 H&K MP-5

#3 IMI UZI

#4 FN P90

#5 H&K PDW

#6 Beretta M92

#7 M4A1 w/M203 Grenade Launcher

#8 Vektor CP1

#9 Colt M1911A1

#10 Franchi SPAS-12

1072352760_yamato-good.jpg

Yamato class (IJN Yamato) With a main armament consisting of nine 18.1/45 guns, the heaviest displacement of any battleship ever built, the Yamato is the monster of the battleship world. More armor, heavier weapons, and superior optics made this battleship something nobody else wanted to get close to. In the end, torpedos and bombers proved its end as aircraft carriers supplanted battleships as the kings of the sea. Few warships of today outmass it, and none have ever carried bigger guns or heavier armor. The Yamato was overawing beyond any doubt. The third planned Yamato class battleship was actually completed as an aircraft carrier.

Quote[/b] ]Montgomery.gif

Bernard Montgomery

Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, (November 17, 1887 -

March 24, 1976) was a British military officer during World

War II.

Inspirational and successful are two words to describe your

leadership. You tend to go against the current and your own

uniqueness will show in everything that you do. Your troops

love you and you are known to get what you want in life -

just be careful as this precise characteristic makes you less

prepared to deal with defeat.

Couldn't be any better.

I'm just glad I didn't get Hitler or Stalin smile_o.gif

1089185412_gvplustext.JPG

Quote[/b] ]You are a British battleship! Displayed above, the King George V class - considered the prime British battleship of WWII - was a steady if not overimpressive vessel. Light primary and secondary primary guns - ten 14"/45's backed up by 16 5.25"/50's, lighter than most of it's competitors - were compensated for by good fire control, good radar, and excellent crews, as the British Navy was generally considered the world's best before WWII. Britain had a great advantage in numbers of capital ships over it's opponents

Yamashita.gif

Yamashita Tomoyuki

Yamashita Tomoyuki (Nov 8, 1885 - February 23, 1946) was one of the most formidable generals of the Japanese Army. His 30,000 soldiers took 80,000 Allied soldiers prisoner at the Fall of Singapore and for this he became known as the "Tiger of Malaya."

You are a diligent, ambitious and determined leader who always remains completely loyal to your superiors. Your strict discipline contributes to your ability to be an aggressive strategist and you will always be the last man standing. Your high standards can seem daunting for your followers who will never feel sufficient.

jpg.jpg

slackware.jpg

Cunningham.gif

Andrew Cunningham, (7 January 1883 - 12 June 1963), was the most famous British admiral of World War II.

You have a sharp mind and although not a good speaker like some of your colleagues, you have your own type of common touch. Many seek you out to ask for your advice and hear stories about your experiences. Ever the diplomat, your shrewd ways can sometimes come as a shock to those who admire you

-----------------------------------------------

1072350495_Petropavlask.jpg

Gangut The Gangut class was the largest native class of battleship actually used by the USSR in WWII. They also served in WWI, but underwent extensive upgrades and modification over the years. With four triple 12 inch guns, the Gangut carried light firepower but potentially the highest overall rate of fire of any battleship in terms of heavy shells per minute. A WWI workhorse, the Gangut class was re-used throughout WWII, providing surface bombardment to support the Soviet advance through Germany; although a heavier battleship class, the Sovietski Soyuz, was under construction as WWII opened up, it was never brought into action, leaving the Gangut the largest Soviet battleship on record.

liech.gif

You're Liechtenstein!

Most folks don't take you that seriously, but you really make a big deal out of being independent. You don't do a whole lot for other people, but you make the best of the resources available to you. You really like snow. And mountains. And being independent. And you're probably pretty small.

How the hell does this quiz describe a Finn LoL!!

missed by total of 1678km in the geography thingy

Got a total deviation of 6201KM, though it should be noted that being in German some of the names were a bit unfamiliar....when I understood which city they wanted I had an average between 20-40Km....except Budapest...was way off on that for some reason...

Not completely sure if this is the right thread for this but what the hell..

Americans! Now it is time to redeem your reputation as a 3rd world nation of geography knowledge and beat me. tounge_o.gif

http://wetter.rtl.de/redaktion/gamechannel/europa_dart/index.php

My total deviation was 3643km on the first attempt, and no cheating! wink_o.gif

Here is my result, i only did the one for Berlin:

Prima! das ist kaum zu schlagen! du liegst etwa 81km daneben

I know i was only 81km off but can anyone translate the rest for me?

Would be this:

Good, nearly impossible to beat.

Super! That´s hard to beat! You´re approx. 80km off.

lol, just tried, and i hit 95 km away from berlin

moscow - 624

omg lol, i just put lissabon into poland  biggrin_o.gif

now i understand that it´s one of the first thnik then click games   tounge_o.gif

edit: terpentin beat me to it..translated even better  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

ill go play some more..

edit: 9240 km total

mad.gif

You're Madagascar!

Lots of people don't really know anything about you, making you buried treasure of the rarest kind.  You love nature, and could get lost in it whenever possible.  You're remote and exotic, and the few people who know you value whatever they share with you a great deal.  For some reason, you really like the word "lemur".

kinda true for my first go

Americans! Now it is time to redeem your reputation as a 3rd world nation of geography knowledge and beat me. tounge_o.gif

I was 11km off on Lisbon.  At least that's what I think it says.  It says the same thing as Winter's, except 11km instead of 81km wink_o.gif.

EDIT: 4KM OFF LONDON!  WHOOHOO!! biggrin_o.gif

EDIT 2: 2KM OFF ATHENS! I'M DA BOMB tounge_o.gif!

1755km total.. Moscow was quite bad, 401km east of it. I guess I got fooled now as USSR is no more. It's much closer to the neighbouring countries than I had expected. Also Warsaw was put too far west, 193km. Rome 10km and Dublin 12km were my best picks. Stockholm got misplaced by 16km but I blame my mouse ;)

Edit: I had to play a little so I measured how long it's too all the cities from my home, 35401km..

For the ones I knew I was pretty spot on, as for the rest... well I supposed I'd do better with a US state capital dart game biggrin_o.gif

1770km in total. I had some trouble with the scandinavian and eastern european countries, but overall I'm quite content.

2051km, would have been much lower had I not hit the totally wrong country with Belgrade. wink_o.gif

i was 2561kms off, note 5.

Bukarest and Helsinki counted for a 1040km deviation, all other were fine +\- 50kms....im sure id do a lot worse if this wasnt a map of europe.