Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

EDIT: No comments about the Draken? What the hell? tounge_o.gif

Is it released, and for that matter, are the UAZ variants and SPG-9 released either? rock.gif

Cause if they are, I have searched around for a download link for both, and come up empty handed! sad_o.gif

Of course not, FDFMOD does not release separate addons (well, except that BTR-60 maybe). Just wait for 1.3. wink_o.gif

OK Kegetys another attempt of mine to persuade you to improve the joystick settings:

-people like either the mouse or the joystick you should not judge what´s right or wrong but if you can only choose one configuration in a game like OFP you should choose the more realistic option-> joystick.

-It is possible to steer a plane set up for joystick (like the original OFP Planes) with the mouse, but it is close to impossible to control a plane set up for mouse control with joystick. If these planes are joystick controlled they although get unrealistic turn rates.

- And to put your joystick on your desk does not take sooo long it would although take you some time to climb into a plane start up the engine etc...

Think about it

Keep up your good work!

wink_o.gif

-people like either the mouse or the joystick you should not judge what´s right or wrong but if you can only choose one configuration in a game like OFP you should choose the more realistic option-> joystick.

Everything I make I make as I like it, and quite often other people seem to like them too... In an issue like this thats obviously not always the case, but thats just unfortunate. Of course anyone can edit my works and possibly release that to the public (but in case of things from FDFmod you should ask a permission first).

Quote[/b] ]- And to put your joystick on your desk does not take sooo long it would although take you some time to climb into a plane start up the engine etc...

Well, it involves lifting the keyboard armrest away, moving the keyboard so the stick will fit on the table, lift the stick from under the table to the table, find the transformer from somewhere on the floor, plug it in, plug the other end to the joystick, wait for windows to detect the stick, and run Wingman Profiler... And then restart OFP so the new stick will be detected by it too  wink_o.gif

The server readme has a note saying you have to copy bin/config.cpp and bin/resource.cpp to your server root. Can anyone tell me why exactly this is needed?

The server readme has a note saying you have to copy bin/config.cpp and bin/resource.cpp to your server root. Can anyone tell me why exactly this is needed?

If it works without doing it then its not needed ;) Some Linux server version had a bug with config, always seeking the .cpp files from the server root. I'm not sure it has been fixed or not...

Well, i have to copy the resource.cpp of ecp to the (linux) server root or else it segfaults when starting it. And i did not have to do that before with older ecp versions. But maybe this has to do with the upgrade to 195... i have to do further testing...

I guess i'll also try to sttart finmod without copying the cpp files.

BTW: i use either finmod or ecp, not both at the same time wink_o.gif

Its been like that as long as I can remember, certainly not an 1.95 introduced issue at least. Bin files work from the original directory but cpp's do not.

Does it interfere with non-FDF version running on the same server?

I've copied FDF config to root directory, and run a FDF server with -mod, and a normal version without.

I didn't seem to notice anything wrong, but it is surprising the "normal" version doesn't seem to see the config files at root, while a -mod version requires it crazy_o.gif

Does it interfere with non-FDF version running on the same server?

Regular OFP has the configs in bin format so it will use those and wont load the cpp's.

The Drakon looks interesting and nice, but kind of wierd, too. I like to fly with the FDF-Hawk and off course the Mig-21 (but actually i think the Mig21 is flying "lika a Stone with wings" wink_o.gif  Really hard to take off on the short runways of "East-Border" if you don't use a Joystick)

Hope the Drakon will be a little bit more "mouse-flyable".

Greatings and "Great job" FDF-Mod!

Ye sure MEDICUS? Lower the flaps, thrust to full activate the afterburner and off you go. I usually have quite a bit of runway to go when I leave ground.

Hmmm, perhaps i have to practice a little bit more  sad_o.gif

I'm only able to take off in 1 of 10 trys ... the other 9 trys i'm crashing into the woods  wow_o.gif

The Drakon looks interesting and nice, but kind of wierd, too. I like to fly with the FDF-Hawk and off course the Mig-21 (but actually i think the Mig21 is flying "lika a Stone with wings" wink_o.gif  Really hard to take off on the short runways of "East-Border" if you don't use a Joystick)

Ye sure MEDICUS? Lower the flaps, thrust to full activate the afterburner and off you go. I usually have quite a bit of runway to go when I leave ground.

Hmmm, perhaps i have to practice a little bit more  sad_o.gif

I'm only able to take off in 1 of 10 trys ... the other 9 trys i'm crashing into the woods  wow_o.gif

Same here

I nicked my Mig 21 forest mower.

I dont think i ve ever been able to get it airborne on the border map !

I only use mouse too.

The Drakon looks interesting and nice, but kind of wierd, too. I like to fly with the FDF-Hawk and off course the Mig-21 (but actually i think the Mig21 is flying "lika a Stone with wings" wink_o.gif Really hard to take off on the short runways of "East-Border" if you don't use a Joystick)

Hmmm, perhaps i have to practice a little bit more sad_o.gif

I'm only able to take off in 1 of 10 trys ... the other 9 trys i'm crashing into the woods wow_o.gif

Same here

I nicked my Mig 21 forest mower.

I dont think i ve ever been able to get it airborne on the border map !

I only use mouse too.

EiZeis handy-dandy how to take off at east border checklist <tm>:

1. DO NOT TOUCH THE MOUSE UNTIL YOU ARE AIRBORNE (cant stress this one enough)

2. Hold E down

3. Activate the afterburner if you have one.

4. When speed reaches 150 hold Q down with E.

5. Watch the magic. blues.gif

Cant remember last time I would have fucked up a takeoff with FDFMOD planes. tounge_o.gif

4. When speed reaches 150 hold Q down with E.

Ahh, never tryed it with the Q-Button ... it's the same u use for "going up" with the chopper, right?

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]5. Watch the magic.

IMAHO!

It really works! Cool!

THX a lot EiZei!

So now i'm looking forward to fly the Drakon  tounge_o.gif

Hehe, quick lesson to flying. Personally I always use the keyboard for steering when taking off. Then when in the air I use the mouse, makes everything easier.

One thing regarding the aircraft though... Could it be possible to add animated rudders to all the aircraft in the mod? As they are now useable in mid flight. As far as I can see only the MIG-21 has animated rudders currently, and the F18 and the Hawk have static ones.

goob-

"Mad fe'r it"

Eurospike and Tractor

eurospike1.jpg

From FDF Mod homepage:

Military technology decades apart meet as a Finnish military tractor carrying reservists on a cart passes PstOhj 2000 (Eurospike) team covering the road. Spike missile originates from Israel but its now being marketed and produced in Europe as a joint venture called the Eurospike. The system is fire-and-forget capable and it is able to defeat reactive armor with its tandem warhead. The Eurospike has been adopted in the early 2000s by at least Poland, Holland and Finland as their medium-range anti-armor system.

Eurospike and Tractor

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fdfmod/newspics/eurospike1.jpg

From FDF Mod homepage:

Military technology decades apart meet as a Finnish military tractor carrying reservists on a cart passes PstOhj 2000 (Eurospike) team covering the road. Spike missile originates from Israel but its now being marketed and produced in Europe as a joint venture called the Eurospike. The system is fire-and-forget capable and it is able to defeat reactive armor with its tandem warhead. The Eurospike has been adopted in the early 2000s by at least Poland, Holland and Finland as their medium-range anti-armor system.

Looks Really cool guys smile_o.gif looks like 1.3 will have more cool gadgets just like the last two biggrin_o.gif Really loved the campaign, the ending leaves you wanting to know how it ended.

I like the hint in the last mission of the campaign.

"winter's coming early this year"

I guess a few of the vehicles still need winter textures then?

That winter FDF map is the best winter map there is.

Nice work! I would like to see two versions of the tractor to show that these are civilian ones taken during mobilisation and not military units. There isn't neccessarily the need to have different tractor models, but at least a non-camouflaged (speak: civilian) tractor and another one in a different makeshift camouflage (maybe with some finnish pattern or at least some brown spots on the green?) would really add to the feeling that these things are unique and not mass-produced for military application.

Btw, how will the tractor perform? Will it have a joint which turns/tilts or is it a static trailer that moves like the tractor does?

Is the tractor BIS tractor or a completely new model?

1) There are standard tractors in military use which are not civilian-confiscated.

2) It's jointless and stiff but it won't bother too much since turning arc would anyway be quite small.

One item I would like to see even though it is not an issued item in Finland is the Jati-matic SMG. It is a brilliant design that due to the way the bolt reciprocates creates virtually no recoil. Here is some info: Jati

You guys sure are being busy! Especially the Eurospike and its anim looks extremely nice.

One item I would like to see even though it is not an issued item in Finland is the Jati-matic SMG. It is a brilliant design that due to the way the bolt reciprocates creates virtually no recoil. Here is some info: Jati

I recall that Jati-matic was considered for tank crew sidearm but then the maker started having some sort of financial difficulties.