Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

the draken cockpit looks well pretty simple not all that many swiches and stuff especialy when you look at things like the mig and hornet smile_o.gif

also you probably know this but the ai dosent like crossing certain bridges on the boarder maps

One item I would like to see even though it is not an issued item in Finland is the Jati-matic SMG. It is a brilliant design that due to the way the bolt reciprocates creates virtually no recoil. Here is some info: Jati

Oh no, not again. biggrin_o.gif

It's not in use by any official force in Finland. Not Defence Forces, not Frontier Guard, not police. Not even by civilians as full automatic version. Between 1980 and 1985, there was about 200-300 Jati-matics manufactured. Later during the 90s, they (new company this time, Golden Guns) had big plans to bring Jati-matic back to life, but it went all wrong due to export restrictions and economic problems. So I guess one could say it's really rare weapon.

I don't see any reason to make it... but well, who knows biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not even by civilians as full automatic version.

I watched as a friend of mine emptied a clip with Jatimatic on a range years ago. So at least some shooting clubs possess/had it.  

It is certainly not recoilless since it is very light weapon.

Notable movie performances: In Stallone's hands in 'Cobra' and some Russian officer had it in 'Red Dawn'.

And in 'invisible form' in certain 90s Finnish comedy series which probably everybody knows...

I've heard it is still produced under licence/without licence somewhere in Asia.

So we might add it to civilian unit since we certainly want to promote domestic firearms production  wink_o.gif

the draken cockpit looks well pretty simple not all that many swiches and stuff especialy when you look at things like the mig and hornet smile_o.gif

That is what it looks like in real life too. Atleast the top part of it, there are alot of switches to the sides of the pilot. But not as many as you might find on older Russian aircraft.

Draken cockpit, here are a few buttons and switches. Note that the front pilot display lacks buttons and switches and only gauges.

Even more buttons and switches, to the side of the pilot seat.

Buttons and switches, buttons and switches. Oh and a throttle control!

A map the the Draken functions.

The same as above, but another part of the cockpit.

Again, the same as above.

The last one.

The cockpit pictures are from the S 35E Draken.

EDIT: Pictures galore.

If you wanted to give the Jati to someone to use make it a guy from some secret Finnish intel agency or something. That would be cool. Besides it's not weather it is in use or common, hell if that was the case there would be no need for T90's and such since they are not common.

Another suggestion: Civilians, some normal but some sporting Extreme Duudsonit shirts and stuff, maybe a few with Suomi hockey shirts too.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to edit the config to add more vehicles to the list of vehicles you can add sachels to?

Yes. You open the config with Wordpad and start editing tounge_o.gif .

No news about those, but we have some other flying uhm... things to come wink_o.gif.

Suggestion: Here we have the BIS PK and AKM74's new PKM from his VIT APC pack

pk1.jpg

pk2.jpg

pk3.jpg

Seeing as how FDF mod has cooperated with AKM74 in the past...

This would of course lag a bit more than the default PK, is it worth it? You decide. Maybe it's a bit too shiny? rock.gif

Suggestion: Here we have the BIS PK and AKM74's new PKM from his VIT APC pack

http://ofptf.ofpr.com/hosted/Gollum1/pk1.jpg

http://ofptf.ofpr.com/hosted/Gollum1/pk2.jpg

http://ofptf.ofpr.com/hosted/Gollum1/pk3.jpg

Seeing as how FDF mod has cooperated with AKM74 in the past...

This would of course lag a bit more than the default PK, is it worth it? You decide. Maybe it's a bit too shiny? rock.gif

I really don't think it would cause much lag, since AKM74's model only shows up as the new model at the closest LOD's (and pilot view LOD)

Quote[/b] ]All weapons have new model and textures only in First and Pilot View lods. This way you can enjoy better looking weapons without hit on performance

From the VITAPC readme wink_o.gif

And I totally agree, it would be very nice seeing that PKM in FDFMOD, atleast the model. The textures, as Gollum1 said do look a bit too shiny compared to FDFMOD's other weapons. But with a bit of magic I am sure it could adapt to blend in with the others! I really like the way the new PKM looks opposed to the old BIS PK, it looks so much more like the machinegun you actually see on Russian and Finnish forces.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there anyway to get FDF to work with new ECP? rock.gif

Ah well. Never Mind. Is there anyway to use just the Addons without the config changes? No offence, I do love all the FDF modifications, its just that I am hooked on ECP now... sad_o.gif

Tell you what, I will forget ECP when you release the NH-90! tounge_o.gif

I had problems with the graphics (everything was made of crazy assed multicoloured lines) but managed to sort of fix it two days ago. The problem was something to do with the fonts.pbo, when deleted it all went back to normal but now the menu's just a white block. I can still use it with some good guess work but is there a way I can fix this without restoring the fonts.pbo and screwing up the graphics again?(replacing it with the BIS one didnt work) rock.gif

Ah well. Never Mind. Is there anyway to use just the Addons without the config changes? No offence, I do love all the FDF modifications, its just that I am hooked on ECP now... sad_o.gif

In case you did not notice, all units have been rebalanced, even if they could be used as separate addons (which wont happen out-of-box) they would be useless against ordinary BIS units.

Yeah I know... It seems all my favourite addons dont like each other! I would love to make a mission with L-410's, FDF CV-9030's and the ECP 'add a lonely AI to your squad' feature...

I prefer the way FDF balances things more realistically, but sometimes I dont play for realism! (ie: fun)

Looking forward to more from you guys...

P.S. Here are some links you might like:

Finnish Deployment pics

Finnish Armour Brigade video

Finnish T-72 and BMP video

Finnish Leopard 2

MBT's in action

Warning some of these are big... smile_o.gif

Any chance of FDFMOD making a recon unit? I am not referring to the para reconmen but the regular army ones.

I saw one on the link killagee posted, the current snipers in FDFMOD could do the job, but a real ghillie would be awesome, not to mention no helmet on the unit.

A Finnish recon soldier

I also want to ask if the Finnish paratrooper aircraft (was it the Fokker 50?) will ship with the next version of the mod.

I also want to ask if the Finnish paratrooper aircraft (was it the Fokker 50?) will ship with the next version of the mod.

Maybe. You'll see that when 1.3 is released.

(Like earlier releases: It will be released when it's ready.)

And oh yes, that plane is Fokker F.27.

I prefer the way FDF balances things more realistically, but sometimes I dont play for realism! (ie: fun)

What makes you think realism is the opposite of fun?