Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

you're right their goal are the marpat marines. the morpeh units were just made to have some proper opfor for them. they don't even want to continue working on the current conflict marines. athough, both spin-off projects are really great! and I think everybody would like to see both teams working together. wink_o.gif

$33ker @ June 23 2003,16:10)]you're right their goal are the marpat marines. the morpeh units were just made to have some proper opfor for them. they don't even want to continue working on the current conflict marines. athough, both spin-off projects are really great! and I think everybody would like to see both teams working together. wink_o.gif

Erm where did you hear they didnt want to continue on the current conflict marines? I believe Suchey said he is going to go back to them in the future.

Soviet Naval Infantry(Marines)

uniformes_3.jpg

What AT weapon is the soldier on the left holding?

My guess would be the RPO or the RPG-29

Speaking of the RPO, has anyone made one of these for OFP?

Quote[/b] ]Speaking of the RPO, has anyone made one of these for OFP?

very soon :-)

Isnt the BIS AT-4 a model of the RPO?, albeit guided, wheras the real thing is not.

RPO is not actually AT.

RPO-A Shmel 93mm

A follow-on to the RPO, the RPO-A Shmel (Bumblebee) is one-shot, disposable, shoulder-fired weapon. It was introduced in 1984 and is issued one per platoon for airborne and naval infantry and one per squad (BMP) for mechanized troops. The RPO-A launch tube is easy to recognise since it's the only Russian weapon of this type with camouflage pattern. The RPO-A rocket has a thermobaric (enhanced blast explosive) warhead; the demolition effect corresponds to the 122mm HE artillery or 120mm mortar projectile. An excellent weapon for urban combat, the RPO-A has been used in Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Chechnya. The RPO-Z rocket has an illuminating/incendiary warhead and the RPO-D rocket has a red phosporus/smoke warhead. The RPO-A series weapons come in a two-round carrier/pack

rpoa.gif

rpoav.gif

RPO-A(6).jpg

$33ker @ June 23 2003,16:10)]you're right their goal are the marpat marines. the morpeh units were just made to have some proper opfor for them. they don't even want to continue working on the current conflict marines. athough, both spin-off projects are really great! and I think everybody would like to see both teams working together. wink_o.gif

Erm where did you hear they didnt want to continue on the current conflict marines? I believe Suchey said he is going to go back to them in the future.

Cool! They really want to make more? My mistake then! Would be great. tounge_o.gif

RPO is not actually AT.

RPO-A Shmel 93mm

A follow-on to the RPO, the RPO-A Shmel (Bumblebee) is one-shot, disposable, shoulder-fired weapon. It was introduced in 1984 and is issued one per platoon for airborne and naval infantry and one per squad (BMP) for mechanized troops. The RPO-A launch tube is easy to recognise since it's the only Russian weapon of this type with camouflage pattern. The RPO-A rocket has a thermobaric (enhanced blast explosive) warhead; the demolition effect corresponds to the 122mm HE artillery or 120mm mortar projectile. An excellent weapon for urban combat, the RPO-A has been used in Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Chechnya. The RPO-Z rocket has an illuminating/incendiary warhead and the RPO-D rocket has a red phosporus/smoke warhead. The RPO-A series weapons come in a two-round carrier/pack

rpoa.gif

rpoav.gif

RPO-A(6).jpg

Yeah, I always wanted a well made RPO. With some scripting I bet someone could get some nice eyecandy for this thing working. It might not have been the best weapon, but alone from the fact that it was quite common, should convince some addon makers to create one for us. Perhaps a nice addition for the RSS weapons pack? *hint* wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Speaking of the RPO, has anyone made one of these for OFP?

very soon :-)

Nyles... this answers your question smile_o.gif

[...]as far as i can see theyre goals are a bit different from us.

I don't understand, wich major differences there are between your goals ?

Simple... we just release russian stuff ( ok and some russian based stuff like the Chinese tanks ), we make a russian weapons pack and so on.

Maybe later we make some Rebel stuff to fight our addons but noone knows yet.

Suchey and Earl make the Marpat Marines, the Russian Troops as enemys for them and weapons for both to fight each other.

Maybe im wrong i didnt read the enture marpat marines tread.

Still i say it would be cool working with them but i think they got too much to do with their own stuff atm.

Besides the RHS team works on  idea i had wich allows us to release many variations of all kind of troops pretty fast in the future... lets call it lego system  tounge_o.gif

When I thought to a cooperation between Suchey/Earl and RHS, I didn't think to an unlimited and forever cooperation neither a fusion or recruitment member.

I mean... ask for permission, grab and include only their Russian Troops in your RHS infantry pack, eventually modify them, and credit their original authors.... that's all nothing else

I guess you could change weapon,dammage,health,etc etc to make them not "just" a Marpat Marines favorite target.

But if the problem is the texture, if textures look irrealistic with real Russian camo pattern and if you cannot retail them, just forget about that sad_o.gif

Bohemia Interactive STUDIOS

Ballistic Addon STUDIOS

Red Hammer STUDIOS

wtf is do u ppl have with studio biggrin_o.gif

@Aeon

Yes maybe we ask them for permission to change it a bit and change some textures.

But im not sure if we can get the permission.

@dedB41wake

Umm good question... maybe cause addon making is some kind of art and artists have studios... or its cause we are some kind of east oriented brother of BAS  tounge_o.gif

feel free to choose your answer

Ok back to topic with an little update...

We were talking about the Arena countermeasures system, Sigma did a great job again in creating this here:

T80UM1.jpg

Very beautiful.

Can you tell us a little more, how does it work in OFP?

Can you tell us a little more, how does it work in OFP?

Who cares! I just wanna get in and press all the buttons! crazy_o.gif

Hey......... waitaminute................

I'm an RHS beta tester.

Bye!