Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

why is it "SIG_t55.pbo" etc.? if its for "sigma" then surely its not just his work, but the whole team's?  rock.gif

why not RHS_t55.pbo? sorry if im being stupid (again)

the_unknown_one

why is it "SIG_t55.pbo" etc.? if its for "sigma" then surely its not just his work, but the whole team's?  rock.gif

why not RHS_t55.pbo? sorry if im being stupid (again)

the_unknown_one

1: Sigma was probably not on the team when he started these tanks.

2: It's a pain in the ass, and I mean, its a huge mega pain in the ass because in order to change it... on all 24 models, for all lods, you must change EVERY SINGLE TEXTURE PATH.

couldn't it be done with a hex editor and that nifty function called "replace" ? smile_o.gif

Good point... heh smile_o.gif

Forgot about hex editing... :]

By the way... most of you don't know... but RHS has an IRC channel.

#redstarstudios <--- have no clue when it'll be #redhammerstudios

irc.quakenet.org

Oh yeah, and quoting Soul Assassin:

"we're not gonna change tags, too much hassle and will create more bugs"

Oh yeah, and quoting Soul Assassin:

"we're not gonna change tags, too much hassle and will create more bugs"

Uhh what a pitty but I understand it. It would be nicer to have "RHS" tagged files for overview reasons but better concetrate on finishing the AddOn smile_o.gif

seriously, who's it gonna hurt? They're still the same awesome tanks.

We're not so bothered about not being advertised through our tag. The tag system is there primarily not to confuse the game.

Sigma started the tanks on his own just a little b4 he joined so he used his own tags.

Even if it was done through hex editing, we might still encounter bugs since the editing kinda "fucks it up".

Besides, it's mostly Sigma's work so it would be proper to credit him through his tags anyway.

I check the RHS site every day, and I was wondering why you never update it with new screenies? All the T-55 pics I´ve seen the last couple of weeks have been on the OFP or RHS forums.

Anyway, can´t wait for the release! smile_o.gif

'Coz we're lazy gits. wink_o.gif

A straight, honest answer, just the way I like it! biggrin_o.gif

well being lazy gits is one thing other reasons:

1) saves the effort

2) keeps the homepage clean of same screenshots

3) saves time that can be used for useful addonmaking tounge_o.gif

The some tanks have different tracks in the pack...

Oh and Silesian, you never replied to my email...   rock.gif

Oh and i cant reach that page... "forbidden"

Copy and paste the link in ur browser.

As for the tracks, I don't think we're much bothered with them but thanks for the offer.

Oh and Silesian, you never replied to my email...   rock.gif

I always try to reply to emails. I don't understand it. Try to check all your mailboxes.

.......today I sent you something again... wink_o.gif

Lou :]

Can somebody post some info on what happened to rhs site? Yesterday I was not able to resolve ofprc.net, today I am able too, but the site... damn... site does not work (php errors) and the forum... heh... the forum has gone back in time to may, 17th...

Thanks for any info...

Sorry bout that tounge_o.gif only found out this morning that ofprc.net is moving to a very good server with unlim trafic and space and the server is apparently x10 faster so it takes time to transfer but expect to be back to normal soon smile_o.gif

Hey - Tanks look great!

I was playing with Sig's T-72, T-80, and T-90 series tanks (which I worship), and I was thinking - one way which would really allow for them to function more realistically on the battlefield is if they could change their ammo types.

Most of the tanks have three ammo types (anti-armor, high-explosive, and some are lucky enough to have ATGM, which are great for far off adversaries and low flying helicopters). However, the tank will not switch from anti-armor until it has completely used it up. Anti-armor is absolute crap for taking out infantry or gun emplacements because it takes a direct hit to do any damage (that’s depleted-uranium for you)! It looks really stupid the tank firing round after round into a bunch are infantry and killing like two guys.

And I really hate seeing the marvelous T-90 get raped by a few choppers that, when you force it to change to ATGM, it kills from miles away!

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a script that would allow the tank to, depending on its target, change its ammo type. I know changing takes time, but these tanks fire rounds so quickly that I didn't think it would really matter.

If you wanted to get really fancy, you could make it so that HEAT, SABOT, and ATGM rounds are all "acceptable" for armor targets, and they would only change to SABOT or ATGM (depending on range) after a shot has just been fired and the gun is unloaded anyways - but that would be fancy.

Anyway, not sure if you could do that, and if it would take too long, forget it - just thought might let your tanks function a little more creatively and adaptively on the battlefield.

Big fan of Soviet armor and Red Hammer Studios,

-PAZ-

Updated versions of the modern tanks are already in the making, new textures, new scrips ( including working countermeasures system against rockets ), new crews and much more... but the T55 pack takes most of our time atm.