Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Site back online biggrin_o.gif but some info lost so if yuo registered on our forum after 17 of may you will have to reregister. Anyway if you cant log on jusr reregister anyway.

Guest DKM-jaguar

barrels on the T-55s look so big, like giant targets!

crazy_o.gif R u trying to make fun of Soviet tank design? Make fun of the best tanks of their time? rock.gif lol

crazy_o.gif R u trying to make fun of Soviet tank design? Make fun of the best tanks of their time?  rock.gif lol

Bah, best of their time? Nothing can beat the Centurion!

crazy_o.gif R u trying to make fun of Soviet tank design? Make fun of the best tanks of their time? rock.gif lol

Bah, best of their time? Nothing can beat the Centurion!

tounge_o.gif There goes the old East/West thing again hehe

Hmm those mechanized infantry troops look like the Communist militia add-on released quite a while back (By UCE i think) And the tanks look awesome RHS, i hope they are out soon so i can blast them with FDF mods Leo2A4 smile_o.gif

Hmm those mechanized infantry troops look like the Communist militia add-on released quite a while back (By UCE i think) And the tanks look awesome RHS, i hope they are out soon so i can blast them with FDF mods Leo2A4 smile_o.gif

I doubt a t55 could do much dammage to a leo2a4 ;)

Just thought I might tell you guys about how in the FDF mod (which is, suprisingly, really good) they redid the BMP's (BMP-1, BMP-2), making them smaller (realistic sized), much better sounds, more realistic (and deadly) weapons, and now the BMP-1 actually shows the ATGM on top. really a top notch job, and it replaces the original BMP's when you play with the mod on.

And, oddly enough, I used to not be able to play with all my addons on (even though I have 512 RAM), because I had too many. However, with this mod, I play with ALL my addons, plus 200 megs of addons in this mod, and it plays FINE - smoother than before, without many addons! This mod is great!

Anyway, just though you might be interested in their more realistic BMP's. Maybe you could work with them on that section? They also have a good version of the Konurs ATGM (best yet).

Keep up the great work, tank pack looks amazing,

-PAZ-

Guest DKM-jaguar

And to bridge the gap in between centurion and challenger you have chieftan, which fielded the L20, the world's only 120mm rifled cannon, the same gun as on the Challenger now. The Centurion is armed with the 105mm L11, which was one of the most accurate and powerful of the time, it was designed to blow the pants off a Tiger 2 smile_o.gif. The ballistic protection afforded by the sloping of the T54/t55 turret is quite good, while keeping the siloutette to a minimum, but the space inside is reduced by this, and to make room for the crew it has relatively thin armour. The space inside a lot of the soviet designs from that era are extremely cramped, with unreliable auto loaders (on some models) and a space-taking crew man for loading on others. A bad point for ALL soviet tanks is that only the platoon commander has a two way radio, the other tanks have only a recieve function. This means that if the leader's tank is hit, then the squad is effectivley leaderless and combat ineffective in a lot of casses, where the communications of a platoon can decide wether it survives.

Well, how mean is this fighting an old T55 with an Leo2?

Give him an modernized T80U or T90 as enemy then its fair   wink_o.gif

About FDF Mod, its awesome i love it and played it for hours last days.

The level of little details is awesome and if we havent some projects atm i wish we had time for such an mod-project.

Maybe later... i hope so

ABout the BMPs i asked FDF for it while ago and the gave me the BMP2 but we never had time to work on it, maybe we can cooperate in some.

Oh and the first tankpack is almost ready to go im testing vers. 0.99 atm if no errors are reported and the new crew wont take too much time release is very very near

Guest DKM-jaguar

Are we talking a day....two days? a couple of hours? Some of us insomniacs should go to sleep i think (it's 2:30 AM and i've been up since 7:30 so i am effectiely dead...)

we have to check some functions in multiplayer, if they work, then the release is very close, if not ... we have to fix 'em.

Great! These tanks will go very nicely along with the Russian Federation infantry that were included in FDFMOD. I really don't like the basic BIS tanks that much.

Soviet Naval Infantry(Marines)

uniformes_3.jpg

edit: pic size over 100k

I don't think they're MORPEH, the blue berett says that at least the first guy is Airborne. biggrin_o.gif Russian marines have black beretts. wink_o.gif

Number 1 is defenetely a VDV troop (airborne) with destinct blue beret and his blue VDV arm patch. Ill gather some pics later.

you guys seen the last page of the MARPAT stuff?

I doubt a t55 could do much dammage to a leo2a4 ;)

I didn't say that, I said i was gonna blast the T55's with the Leo. Not the other way around wink_o.gif

And sadly enough we dont have any good T90's or T80u's crazy_o.gif

you guys seen the last page of the MARPAT stuff?

Yep, Russian Naval Infantry...

ofp_ak74m_025.jpg

B3Russian.jpg

The one on the right is a U.S Marine with M16

shot.jpg

Ak74 soldiers

More hot Sh1t at Baconbomb

Looking good! smile_o.gif

Screenshots above are beautifull

(infantry unit developped by Suchey from digitalgrenade.com, AK74's developped by Earl baconbomb.com)

We would like to have an unique great Russian mod or addons pack. Will RSS work with or will have partnership with Earl and Suchey ?

Personaly i would love to work with them but as far as i can see theyre goals are a bit different from us.

If im wrong, good... really would like such an cooperation.