Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

Kinda wondering if our two MI28's will be comparable. that way they'd be like diferent cammo pakcs instead of rival addons.. but then you got to think of all the sounds and features which will be different.. oh well just a thought.

I dont understand you  rock.gif  last time someone started comparing them and saying ours looked better u started freakin out and screamin here and there. and now u want to compare yourself?

You where watching the info place with rubble maker and dkm?

i don't understand a word u say, plz rephrase

DKM-Jaguar 28. 6. 2003, 19:09:08

80.225.61.x

BTW. if you think i am just jealous of a rival, then BEFORE i read this, i was in support of the Bressb addon. now? Fuck that, your's can ammount to shit for all i care. if you, Rubble_maker, are a member of the bressb team, then you have totally lost all support of this mod maker you ever had. FFS, who do you think you are talking to?

At OPF Info

Back on topic.....Does your Arena system work against RPG's and LAW's (which, really, it was designed primarity to defend against) - because the DKM version that AKM74 is using with his BMP-3 apparently DOES NOT work against them, and only works against weapons that LOCK ON to the tank (hellfires and such) - this is apparently due to an engine limitation.

I really hope that your works on RPG/LAWs, because those are what, in real life, is the major threat to IFV. Even if interecepted a few meters away, a Hellfire would probly destroy and IFV, or seriously damage a tank (take out optics, electronics, and such).

If yours does work against RPGs and LAWs, maybe you'd feel like sharing with AKM74/DKM - because it really helps nobody if they release an great addon that has the limitation of being blown up a lot because the Arena system doesn't work properly. It would actually be great if the Arena system for all of them was the same, making them all, more or less, compatible.

Anyway, can't wait for the release,

-PAZ-

does your arena system works against AT like Gustav Launcher or missles like Maverick or Hellfire or TOW or whatever.....

btw what about release dates?

Yes it does intercept every rocket fired at the Tank ( with a lil failure rate like the original system ).

No release dates yet, first is the T55 pack wich is taking longer than i thought cause the crews are still not done sad_o.gif

but will it target Missiles that are not locked on? if so could you tell AKM74 how to do it.

but will it target Missiles that are not locked on? if so could you tell AKM74 how to do it.

He's having the DKM mod do the scripts for him. I'm sure they know what they are doing smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but will it target Missiles that are not locked on? if so could you tell AKM74 how to do it.

no, i don't want to do it. No system in the world, no mater how good is it, will be able to intercept RPG fired from 30-70 meters away

Noone asked about the engagement range they asked if it will engage all missiles fired at the Tank and it does at a particular range like the real Arena does.

Arena engages everything over 50 meters.

The real system can even engage Heat shells fired at the tank...

damage.jpg

indeed, all i asked was if RHS's script can intercept missiles that are not locked on.

erm,... our name is RHS not RSS... RedHammerStudios not RedStarStudios.

yea sorry about that, but my q still stands.

Sorry AKM-74 (I do love your addons, and therefore, you smile_o.gif ), but from what I have read about this system, it is designed primarily to take out RPGs, LAWs, and other handheld AT systems (as well as longer range lock on stuff).

Quote[/b] ]The equipment of tanks with protection systems can ensure their survivability on the battlefield during the offensive operations. In this case losses are reduced 1.5 - 1.7 times. It should be noted here that the Arena system intercepts the most dangerous targets for the tank (ATGMs and antitank grenades) that the tank cannot effectively handle. This occurs when ATGMs are launched from a range of 3-8 km, including ATGMs launched from helicopters and when concealed grenade launchers fire on the tank at short ranges and great variety of aspect angles.

The combat effectiveness of tanks equipped with protection systems can be dramatically increased if the other side is equipped only with light antitank weapons, for example, in local conflicts and during peace-making operations.

That was from http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/EQP/arena.html, and is consistent with all other info I have found.

Never let anything (pride) get in the way of the addon. The quality of the addon must always come first. Don't be afraid to use the other OFP addon makers for some help from time to time. That is the whole idea of having a mod-making community.

Anyway, don't mean to lecture, I just don't like to see tension or harsh feelings in these forums. But the addons are all good, and there is enough room on our hard-drives for everyone's addon (with addom-manager, of course smile_o.gif - I plan to use every DKM, RHS, and AKM-74 addon released, regardless of duplicates! More is better, especially if they share info to create higher quality addons)

-PAZ-

arena_operation.gif

This is a good diagram.

-PAZ-

don't be sorry PAZ.  You are absolutely right when you write..

"""This occurs when ATGMs are launched from a range of 3-8 km, including ATGMs launched from helicopters and when concealed grenade launchers fire on the tank at short ranges and great variety of aspect angles."""

That’s exactly what this system was designed for. But I can hardly imagine how some one will manage to use RPG (type any unlocked weapons) from 1-3-5 km away.

And I’m repeat; no system will intercept RPG/LAW fired from 30-70 meters away. And this most used range for real RPG/Law.

In the manual it says it will only work beyond 50 meters range, yes, but with 90% failure rate. RPG launched from 50 meters will rich it target in 1-1,5 second. Maybe less. I can hardly imagine this system has less then second reaction time, plus it still have to shutout 1-2 charges. It sound more likes ….Sci-Fi to me. In my opinion it more effective beyond 150-200 meters ranges. If it was so good, they can easily destroy any incoming AP and Heat rounds.  I’m talking about real system, not one in game.

This system work perfectly well when it have enough time to detect/track/lock/shot charges , which is not a case from 50 meters range.

Quote[/b] ]Don't be afraid to use the other OFP addon makers for some help from time to time

That’s exactly what I do. There so many peoples who help me with this pack. I still call it VITAPC just because I’m too lazy to change folder name and path for textures.

Quote[/b] ]Never let anything (pride) get in the way of the addon.  The quality of the addon must always come first.

you right again :-) Thats exactly why i'm use DKM script..

Quote[/b] ]It sound more likes ….Sci-Fi to me.

I think AKM74 brings up a point I don't think has been addressed yet...

Has anybody read the book by the russian soldier who fought in chechnya?  I forget the title, but that's not important.  He described the BMP3 in less than thrilling words, even though, on paper, it had some serious specs.  In the end, they used it as a stationary gun platform for installation defense.  I have read this in other places as well.  Many designs look great in conception, but fail in implementation.  The ARENA has not been combat tested, and we must understand that the stats we read are provided by the company to try and sell their product.

Furthermore, the russian arms industry, as of late, does not even have an army that can afford its equipment!  If ARENA did work as promised, i'm sure it would only be seen on .001% of the tanks they had anyways.

P.S.  I'm not trying to rag on the russian army in any way... the American army, with its uber-tanks, still lost a few Abrams to Kornet missiles in the Gulf (although the crews did survive).  I'm just trying to promote balance in OFP gameplay.  Oh, and your tanks look amazing!   smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Has anybody read the book by the russian soldier who fought in chechnya?  I forget the title, but that's not important.  He described the BMP3 in less than thrilling words, even though, on paper, it had some serious specs.  In the end, they used it as a stationary gun platform for installation defense.

The person who writes this book probably never had been in Chechnya. Because BMP3 was not deployed in Chechnya in any numbers. Maybe just for battle test. But it has nothing to do with regular troops. They never have it.

Quote[/b] ]Furthermore, the russian arms industry, as of late, does not even have an army that can afford its equipment!

They can afford 2500 nuclear missiles, which cost more in maintains then in production, I don’t see why they can’t afford bmp3. But that was not a point.

I think it's absolutley right to not have the ARENA engage RPG/LAW's I mean most ground ATGM's in OFP are even fired from a range less then a couple of hundred metres. And you have to think of the playability, I mean the coop missions would be near impossible if your RPG's were shot up constantly (even at a 90% failiure rate) And having your iTOW shot up wouldn't be so bad since you would be at a relativly safe distance.

well i think RHS will do realistic arena so if you think about fooling up this thungy just learn to aim with Ah-1 at 40m distance smile_o.gif

Well since I use the 30mm on the cobra it wont be a problem whilst flying, but being on the ground with RPG's is gonna be a huge hasssle. As it would in real life I imagine.

As it would in real life I imagine.

There is your key sentence.

Quote[/b] ]RPG launched from 50 meters will rich it target in 1-1,5 second. Maybe less.

Arena's response time is 0.07 seconds

from whay i have read it can engage RPG's at a close range.