Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

But still you cant offer playability for realism. How fun would ICM's be? Your armoured squad blown to death before you could even fire a shot. But I am sure RHS will think of something.

Well, we keep it playable, some cry wheres the realism.

We make it real, some cry wheres the playability...

Last time i asked in a tread what most would prefer... i heard total realism.

But still you cant offer playability for realism. How fun would ICM's be? Your armoured squad blown to death before you could even fire a shot. But I am sure RHS will think of something.

we dont Have ICBM's because people dont want that, i feal if your actually going to do something like the Arena put it in as it would be IRL.

Quote[/b] ]Arena's response time is 0.07 seconds

I just read some more information on how it work.... and it really have reaction time 0.07 second. Indeed, it starts to detect incoming missiles only from 50m range.

So I was wrong after all. It also ignores all small bullets and rounds flying around and Atgm/100m which was shot from BMP itself. There is warning light, witch lets troops around know when system is activated.

My apology, that’s what happen when you start argue without doing your homework.

Quote[/b] ]Arena's response time is 0.07 seconds

I just read some more information on how it work.... and it really have reaction time 0.07 second. Indeed, it starts to detect incoming missiles only from 50m range.

So I was wrong after all. It also ignores all small bullets and rounds flying around and Atgm/100m which was shot from BMP itself. There is warning light, witch lets troops around know when system is activated.

My apology, that’s what happen when you start argue without doing your homework.

Its ok, we all make mistakes...

Don't worry so much about playability. The mission designer will have to limit the number of tanks with the ARENA system to keep a mission playable. The mission designer is the "god" of the mission and he will have to decide whether he wants a playable map or not. Also it won't be a good idea to use ARENA when there is friendly infantry nearby.

wow what i hear?

you guys cant fire at tanks from 30m?

too close for ya?

really nice..

it would be much better if pics will work

trolls?

hm you gonna name and shame people?

I think thats more a lil joke and polls will be there in the final product...

But i had a few in mind for a Troll list tounge_o.gif

Anyways, any special news on T55s? they look soo good, i need them soo bad. I cant wait for their release.

the_unknown_one

My understanifg is that ERA is deadly to nearby infantry, will that be incorporated into the tank pack?

it was mentioned several times in this tread that it will injure or kill nearby infantry when activated.

He's talking about ERA the little blocks of explosives u see on the tanks. Right now its hard to say if that feature will be incorporated into the tanks as it is qite hard to script.

My understanifg is that ERA is deadly to nearby infantry, will that be incorporated into the tank pack?

Also deadly to nearby infantry is the impact of an antitank round nearby, striking a tank with ERA. This is why there's not a whole lot of practical difference for the infantry.

Stand next to a tank that's being hit by large calibre fire, with and without ERA. . . I guarantee, you'll be just as dead. . . if you're into that sort of thing.

Also deadly to nearby infantry is the impact of an antitank round nearby, striking a tank with ERA. This is why there's not a whole lot of practical difference for the infantry.

Stand next to a tank that's being hit by large calibre fire, with and without ERA. . . I guarantee, you'll be just as dead. . . if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah its realistic.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Right...sorry i didnt explain myself when i should have, becasue i dont like posting here for the reason that KoolKid so colourfully illustrated by showing a totally unrelated and (now) resolved matter which was once again a misunderstanding. (but there is no excuse for koolkid bringng it up here for no apparent reason)

I didnt mean "how will our Mi28's compare" at all! Change the "compare" for compatable, then add this:

I was having an idea that it could be an interresting venture to make both Mi28's with similar values for armour, weapon power, speed, etc. This would make them more usuable together, and the main diference would be the weapons, scripts, and features, like in real life. Also, instead of competing, it would seem more like a pack of different load outs and camo types, as our's is differently coloured. I was just thinking, that is all. Not a crime is it? (i know a lot of people post here without a clue what they are saying, but surely it is alright for me to think before I do? smile_o.gif )

BTW: i wasnt annoyed about the "i think the RHS one looks better" i was annoyed about people saying "dont download the DKM one, dont bother with it" kind of comments.

BTW: i wasnt annoyed about the "i think the RHS one looks better" i was annoyed about people saying "dont download the DKM one, dont bother with it" kind of comments.

Funny how no one said anything like that.

Guest DKM-jaguar

I'm not here to discuss it. There were comments like that made, not in those words maybe. I dont mind now anyway. I'm sure both addons are great, and I am forgetting about other people's opinions on them anyway. I'm just going to download them both, play with them and enjoy them without drawing any useless comparisons. Thats all i am going to post on this forum until it's release.

Some people do not relize how hard it is to make textures or to make an model. Rangarion and i trying to make the Havoc so real as possible but not all is possible. You do not make all real as possible like the camo but thats ok. And do not meen that your havoc is more badly as our. No thats not right. sometimes i think the most people in the community do not know why we the addon makers working so hard. Not for mony not for the community not for BIS wink_o.gif, no we all working for fun. And we must learn that not all wishes we have becomes true. Some peoples say what they think but thats not right we must think what we can say. And plz lets forgott the situation abaut the havocs.

I was playing the new version of the "Our Weapons" (Nashe Orujie) Mi-2 pack, which is great, and It had a really new effect for Operation Flashpoint that I had never seen before.

When you destroy the helicopter, it goes up in flames, and is replaced by a burned out model of it. The burned out model actually depends on how it lands (on its side, right side up, etc.), and is really MUCH more realistic. I would recommend you download it and destroy it a few times to see the effect. It has better textures, is bent up properly, the ground is burned properly, and it even had bullet-wholes and things!

Anyway, I was thinking that this might be good to implement, as a frill, for other things - possibly your APC's and tanks (or the Mi-28) and such. It is, hands down, better than the default OFP destroyed messed up model.

Just an idea. It is amazing to see how the addons are so much more complex than the units that came with the game!

Looking good,

-PAZ-