Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Multiplayer annoyances

Well, what things annoy you most in MP games?

Players who come to our server and do not follow orders and run around on their own.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 16 2003,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Players who come to our server and do not follow orders and run around on their own.<span id='postcolor'>

Are those the people on the opposing team? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 16 2003,23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Feb. 16 2003,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Players who come to our server and do not follow orders and run around on their own.<span id='postcolor'>

Are those the people on the opposing team? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, since I play coop the most the guys on the opposing team do run around on their own, but they arent players.

Definitely the custom sounds. I really don't understand why BIS didn't just include an option to block them (while still allowing faces), and instead opted to just set a general limit on all custom stuff. Limiting that to below 20kb has definitely reduced lag when new players are connecting (seems to be a bigger problem with Linux servers than on W32 machines), but I'd still prefer an option to block them completely.

Its the GO GO GOers that get me for sure.

And those who just wanna Fly ... Go play IL2 !!! OFP is best as an infantry sim with extra's (vehicles).

1) CHEATERS

2) GOGOGOer's (good point Skunk Monkey)

3) "I don't like this map" (but 30 others do)

4) Those who say: "I want a lot of different aircrafts/choppers" but on the other hand "Is this a crap

server, because i get lagged?"

5) (as Kegety's already mentioned) those who are running

on their own in coop's

6) custom sound :maybe 1 time it's funny, but then all

others start doing the same -> so "NO to custom sounds in

public area"

7) "Admin - do this and do that"

8) ppl who think they've joined a chatroom just to ask dozens

of questions (why do we have this forum then?) wink.gif

~S~ CD

Other: Lengthy cutscenes / intros that you need to sit through every time on co-op missions, and never-ending music that drowns out voice communications and ambient sounds.

ppl who whine about high pingers lagging thierr server when thier super duper cable draws more from the server than anyone else.

ppl who want to kick me because i have a 600 ping upon joining but are to stupid to realise that it goes to 150 shorrtly afterwards.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ppl who want to kick me because i have a 600 ping upon joining but are to stupid to realise that it goes to 150 shorrtly afterwards.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't really care about those ppl, because i wouldn't

like to play with ppl such like that.

~S~ CD

When playing on a server, and you have the clan members dictating everything, TKing you, and not get kicked, and when you complain a little.. you get kicked *cough-MOD squad-cough*

So yes , these kind of annoying little immature OFP 3rd generation kids is what bugs me most.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">31337 H@X0R$ WH0 +H1nK +h3Y ARE 4lL TH4+ 4ND 90 h3Y 0+hER LEeT HAxoR WHo I$ @ veT @+ 0PHp 4ND 5inc3 1m @ newB I D35cIdED +Om4KE$ MY 0WNZ0r Cl4n 0PH K3WL d0ODZ 4nD 5+UfPh 5O g0 +0 wWW.gEO5Hi+t13$.c0m/H4X0Rk0oLD0ODkiD/5I9NUpH@x0R5.htl <span id='postcolor'>

Good luck on decoding that one.

I hate tkers.

I hate people who don't green up.

I hate people who hate me.

I hate cheaters.

Well what the hell am I doing playing this game? Oh yeah the fun it is watching this all happen... Har har har smile.gif

Power to the monkey needing evolution!

monkeyavatar.gif

I voted servers without admin.

You wouldnt believe how hard it is to get some people to vote.

Admin dragging you into unwanted slots is a close second for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 20 2003,04:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Definitely the lag<span id='postcolor'>

What Lag ?

What do you guys think the maximum ping for a player is before he starts seriously lagging the game?

300? 400?

I voted for waiting for ppl to green up but wanted also to vote for teamkillers.

I don´t hate gogogoers...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good luck on decoding that one.

I hate tkers.

I hate people who don't green up.

I hate people who hate me.

I hate cheaters.

Well what the hell am I doing playing this game? Oh yeah the fun it is watching this all happen... Har har har<span id='postcolor'>

Lololol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What do you guys think the maximum ping for a player is before he starts seriously lagging the game?

300? 400?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it lags seriously beyond 275ms... but it depends on the server, sometimes its more important desync.... i play with 300 (ingame) ms in stoners pancakes because i live in europe and it doesn´t lag much and neither i lag....

I hate it when same old missions are played over and over again even if there are other very good missions available.

Another thing are missions like Battlefield '85, good idea but doesn't work so well in public servers when everybody are just running/driving/flying around and killing everything that moves.

Players who don't want to read the mission plan in coops and then complain because they have no idea what to do crazy.gif, or just players who mess a good plan. Also I hate when there's nobody in charge when playing long coop missions.

Players who take the only chopper available for your team in CTF, left without other players in it and then crash it to somewhere.

I like OFP Multiplayer very much!

small things I don t like:

- quitters

- unbalanced teams

- no join in progess optional

- no spectator function (HLTV ?) ?

In my opinion the custom sounds are funny, haven t made worst experienice with it, but understand why they can be bad.

I HATE THEM ALL!!! everyone of them lol....

gogogogogoer's get my goose everytime....

"This map is gay" because they just died within 3 seconds!! then they leave with the comment "F@CK YOU ALL", whats that all about, daddy not "Playing" with you anymore?......

"I fly really well, i'll pilot"

Getting shot getting in a vehicle by a "teammate" (and i use that term VERY loosely) because he wants to drive.....

If you fall into ANY of those categories, and want to dictate how things go on a server, WHY DON'T YOU PAY FOR ONE YOURSELF!!

(rant over, boy that felt good lol)

I'm sure you'll all agree with me in that the thing I hate the most in mp games is when people start asking questions when the action really heats up. They actually have questions when the bullets start flying and expect you to answer them. I hate that because then they expect me to actually answer or they'll keep nagging me until they get an answer. In my opinion the players should only ask a question when the action is calm, but even then I can't stand stupid questions like, "what do we do?" and "can I fire?". I mean you spend all that time on the briefing screen and they still have no clue, didn't even ask the host to wait so they could read it or anything.