Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Multiplayer annoyances

I think there should be a patch or something that makes players invincible when inside the spawn area on certain maps (like CTF), to stop spawn rapers from killing everybody with a LAW or something like that.

When you go into a public server and they are all like "this is a private game get the fuck out, *boot*" i mean come on man you ever hear of a password? of if you cant set one ask me to leave don't be a jerk about it mad.gif

Why are there assholes everywhere on MP games? Why can't we all just get along? ( 'Cept with the enemy, heh heh heh wink.gif )

I'm with you, Winters. People should just ask you to leave (politely), instead of kicking you out with a rude comment!

I dont know why you all bitch, in all the other games i´ve played there has allways been alot more lamers/cheaters/etc. than in ofp.

If i have to name one thing i hate the most it has to be whiners, that goes for real life aswell, cant stand it..........suck it up!!!! (christ, i whine about whiners)

tounge.gifwink.gif

Hey Skul thats a great idea man. The only flaw would be that when in this mode they can have free kills. So to add to your idea they would also have an lock on their weapons to avoid this. And once they cross the line of protect they are up for kills.

As far as cheaters is concern i hate them with a passion but they also give me a challege to play better then them.

So for u all cheaters BRING IT ON!!!!!

i love a disadvantage.

Now campers are a pain in the *** but hey they dont know better. Cause u have to look at it like this. Let them camp cause they cant score in CTF. thats the way i see it.

AHh the subject on admins. First u need to find out if they own the server and if they do, dont complain about anything u have to follow there rules. (i dont like it but i respect) now if they dont u can always vote a new one. or do a server boycott and everyone leaves. Its simple

Heh... campers... this ain't counter-strike you know. The only reason they 'camp' at the flags is because they are DEFENDING it.

Now lets say that word together class,

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>DE•FEN•DING</span>

Gooood!

Oh well who cares anyway. I'm releasing myself from the chains of OFP. I'm gonna finish up the SA80 part of the weapons pack for the UK Forces mod then thats it. It's taking over my life wink.gif Tonight I got back from work and spent 7 hours on this game in MP. Its now nearly 5am wow.gif The main thing I hate and I have to say it is rude people. I have tried joining squads etc.. but someone always ends up being unreasonable to you in the end when you have just made a mistake or had a bad ping momentarily. I don't need to go on you all know the score tounge.gifwink.gif I had very high hopes for MP in Operation Flashpoint. I thought that it would be a new breed. The type that would attract better people unlike when I first started playing over the net with Rogue Spear (yes I have been around a bit!wink.gif. However I see many CTF maps that are just re-runs of old Rogue Spear type maps. Lack of use of vehicles etc... Mainly ugliness between one player and the next. It's a shame but it has got quite unpleasant of late. Its become too popular. Like for example just before someone called ME a NOOB (what a joke) because I wouldnt issue radio target commands to my squad to give away the other sides positions in a CTF game. Yep the kids and general joe bad attituded public have gotten to the game. Not to worry though there are still good servers and nice people out there. If you like it keep playing. Personally I've seen it all before. I'll make my last contribution then I'm off. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my addon (there are many) and with all other general problems I had. Also thanks to the many nice people I met in MP, but no thanks to the unpleasant or less understanding people. Keep an eye out for the UK Forces mod's releases coming soon.

Au Revoir Ladies and Gents

It has been emotional tounge.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chris330 @ April 11 2003,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh well who cares anyway. I'm releasing myself from the chains of OFP. I'm gonna finish up the SA80 part of the weapons pack for the UK Forces mod then thats it. It's taking over my life wink.gif Tonight I got back from work and spent 7 hours on this game in MP. Its now nearly 5am wow.gif The main thing I hate and I have to say it is rude people. I have tried joining squads etc.. but someone always ends up being unreasonable to you in the end when you have just made a mistake or had a bad ping momentarily. I don't need to go on you all know the score tounge.gif  wink.gif I had very high hopes for MP in Operation Flashpoint. I thought that it would be a new breed. The type that would attract better people unlike when I first started playing over the net with Rogue Spear (yes I have been around a bit!wink.gif. However I see many CTF maps that are just re-runs of old Rogue Spear type maps. Lack of use of vehicles etc... Mainly ugliness between one player and the next. It's a shame but it has got quite unpleasant of late. Its become too popular. Like for example just before someone called ME a NOOB (what a joke) because I wouldnt issue radio target commands to my squad to give away the other sides positions in a CTF game. Yep the kids and general joe bad attituded public have gotten to the game. Not to worry though there are still good servers and nice people out there. If you like it keep playing. Personally I've seen it all before. I'll make my last contribution then I'm off. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my addon (there are many) and with all other general problems I had. Also thanks to the many nice people I met in MP, but no thanks to the unpleasant or less understanding people. Keep an eye out for the UK Forces mod's releases coming soon.

Au Revoir Ladies and Gents

It has been emotional tounge.gif  wink.gif  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

#startserverpimpage

Come to Stoner's House of Pancakes... we don't do those maps.

209.163.146.37:2302

goto "startserverpimpage"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So to add to your idea they would also have an lock on their weapons to avoid this. And once they cross the line of protect they are up for kills.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm.. nice idea. Ya hear that BIS? Put this on your next patch/game!

Also. See ya around chris330!

I hardly know the bugger, yet I'm sad to see him go ( just like when PiNs left ).

sad.gif

Thanks for the thought skul wink.gifbiggrin.gif Anyhoo this is my last post... ever. Wow feels wierd but hey its had me trapped now for ages. Just sent the UK Forces leader an e-mail with a folder containing all my work attached, and told him that I have left the mod. Shame, but no matter the team that mod has is second to none. I have got to see alot of stuff you havent yet and believe me the UK Forces releases will be well worth it. Watch out for the re-textured SA80 (I re-textured it) the LAW-80 (I made wink.gif ) and the bedford 4 tonner (I made the model). Loads of gr8 stuff coming from them soon. Anyhoo see you guys in the next life, or whenever the next game thats too good to miss comes out. Thanks to everyone who makes up the community (even the bastards tounge.gif )

Chris330

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO dont leave us, we probably love you! mad.gifsad.gif Just play SP or lan. please, just once more, come on. NOOOOO! *Dives in the way but its just too late* ah well never mind. bye.

I voted for tkers. whats the point of being on a team when their just going to kill you?

TKers suck so much! One time, I was playing BF1985 and I was defending Heitlingten with about 3 other guys, then for no reason, one of them just turned round and shot me! crazy.gifmad.gif

I was like "WTF!? WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING!?"

No answer. The other guys were also confused. Thankfully, they didn't tolerate that shit, so they shot him! biggrin.gif

And guess what? Then Mr TK shouted "WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

biggrin.gif lol, idiot!

I thought this maybe relevant to the thread smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">‘Broadband Slowdown’ - High pingers DO NOT cause lag. How that stupid myth got around I don't know, but it’s complete nonsense. In fact, as you probably now guessed, broadband connections slow servers. Broadbanders ask for many updates a second, each of high accuracy (packet size), whilst sending large numbers of updates themselves, again each of large packet size. All that bandwidth gets used up (the server bandwidth used by a single broadband connection could support five to ten modemers) and all the packets being sent place a drain on the servers processor and RAM usage. The most unfair part of this is that its actually the modemers who feel the attendant drop in performance the most, in a way paying for the sins of the broadbanders. Maybe that's why the myth grew, whenever there's a slow server, any modemers will have a high ping, so broadbanders just assume that is the cause of the slowdown, not its affect. Not only is it vastly unfair to kick modemers when a server begins to slow down, it also will probably make no noticeable difference.

<span id='postcolor'>

Taken from here http://forums.firearmsmod.com/showthr....d=34464

Interesting, I always thought high pingers cause lag to low pingers. But one thing why high pingers get often kicked is probably that when they download big mission from server it takes ages to finish, or am I wrong?

Erm, Renagade that quote is for Half-Life, not OFP.  The way they process stuff is very different.  After all, if this was Half-Life, we would have join-in-progress then.

The "myth" got started when high pingers were kicked & the game got faster all of a sudden.

I used to think that was mean to say to modemers since I was one longer than any of you (I own a 300, 1200, 2400, 9600, 14.4, 28.8, and 57.6 modem!! Seriously! I started with a computer that couldn't do lower case letters over the modem (& noone thought that was yelling even)! wow.gif)...but then I realized, why are modemers insisting on joining 16 people servers?  Join the 4 player games!  How "rude" to join the big games & slow us all down.

Doolittle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 14 2003,15:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting, I always thought high pingers cause lag to low pingers. But one thing why high pingers get often kicked is probably that when they download big mission from server it takes ages to finish, or am I wrong?<span id='postcolor'>

probably but its not a good indictation of their d/l speed like say someone in japan could connect with super cable and have a ping of 350,the worst ones are the ones on cable downloading something so their ping spikes loads and they teleport all over the place but can still fight wihout any trouble confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Erm, Renagade that quote is for Half-Life, not OFP. The way they process stuff is very different. After all, if this was Half-Life, we would have join-in-progress then<span id='postcolor'>

Is it? do u have a link to this in formation?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The "myth" got started when high pingers were kicked & the game got faster all of a sudden.

<span id='postcolor'>

which game OFP or half life?

This has got to be the best thread.  I'm not complaining, as I've only been enjoying this fine sim for about a month.  I'm learning from other shooters, who have the time to point out a target, or objective.  I feel I've been kicked off,from different servers. because my ping is to high, or that I had more kills than the locals who know each other.  It would be wise to accept new players, even though some of them can shoot your ass, as you camp behind a tree, or cheat.  You must expect new players from time to time, as this is a superior game, with alot of challenges.  Again, thanks to the few who have pointed out a target, that they knew about, from playing the same battle over and over.  I'm sure you all started out parking yourself on the ground, and not moving from your spot. As I visit other sites, I'm amazed at the different attitudes (friendly vs. snobs) that I see.  While the multiplayer aspect is satisfying, it could use quite a bit of improvement.

My two cents worth

Denisky : sad.gif

the fact of high pingers laggin lower ones is nonsence sure they warp around and do werid stuff but it dosnt affect others, the fact is broadband hogs more of the servers bandwith where as a 56k will only be getting a fraction of what the broadbander uses, really only a problem on servers with little pipe. But its stupid to think high pingers lag low unless net code is poorly done.

Everything confused.gif , games where blackops armed with G36 rifles and reloadable laws fly alone in their hind helicopter (3rd person on, ofcourse tounge.gif ) and throw rockets at the enemy spawn, where combat simulation is replaced with vehical abuse and fast paced ridiculous action, where players compete in coop mode to see who gets most kills and rush into their own deaths just to find that respawn is not available, where combat is replaced with poor strategy gameplay where buildings come out of nothing, vehicals respawn out of nothing...why cant helicopters be available to pilots only? same with tanks confused.gif Best moments in opf were playing mission like "Ambush", fighting for survival in "after Montignac", MP is a big deception, bis gave us the tools but we dont know how to use em sad.gif ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ April 15 2003,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bis gave us the tools but we dont know how to use em sad.gif ...<span id='postcolor'>

Find some decent people to play with and decent missions and it will be much much much more enjoyable.

Heatseeker, you make some VERY good points.  I too didn't like what I saw out there, so I started to learn how to script and map.  Now I'm releasing my stuff & hopefully all will be good.  You might find you hate my stuff too, but that's because we all have opinions of what's good.  Anyways, what I'm saying is....go learn map making and make a map you would think is good...!!

Renegade, eh?  You posted the link for it! smile.gif

First sentence of second paragraph:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is my long-awaited netcode guide for Half-Life in general and Firearms in particular.<span id='postcolor'>

I see you posting in other forums about this.  I'm sorry if people are booting you because you have a high ping, but at least know they are booting you just because of that & not because of who you are or something.  I would feel insulted if I kept getting booted from different servers.

Doolittle

I know its from Half life!! crazy.giftounge.gif

yeah i tried posting in t he general one to try and get reply on how OFPs netcode works so we could prove or disporove it once and for all but it got moved back here sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ April 15 2003,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everything confused.gif , games where blackops armed with G36 rifles and reloadable laws fly alone in their hind helicopter (3rd person on, ofcourse tounge.gif ) and throw rockets at the enemy spawn, where combat simulation is replaced with vehical abuse and fast paced ridiculous action, where players compete in coop mode to see who gets most kills and rush into their own deaths just to find that respawn is not available, where combat is replaced with poor strategy gameplay where buildings come out of nothing, vehicals respawn out of nothing...why cant helicopters be available to pilots only? same with tanks confused.gif Best moments in opf were playing mission like "Ambush", fighting for survival in "after Montignac", MP is a big deception, bis gave us the tools but we dont know how to use em sad.gif ...<span id='postcolor'>

Sometimes that's just so true confused.gif, luckily most of the time I manage to find servers that run decent missions and have nice and gently players in it. A good admin can remove most of these problems you posted. Whenever I see a bad admin in server (chooses the same mission all over again, never chooses co-ops, yells all the time etc.) I just quit and find another server. This is also why joining a squad is a must if you want good MP experience...