Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Multiplayer annoyances

GOGOGOGO'ers

people speaking other than english on an english only server

spawn killers

base rapers

people who TK, leave and come back under another name and act like nothing happened

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (black__bird @ Mar. 06 2003,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">people who TK, leave and come back under another name and act like nothing happened<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!!! Haven't heard of this one before, I presume they TK again when come back under another name? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">people speaking other than english on an english only server

<span id='postcolor'>

Where's that obvious english only server then? wow.gif

But this reminds me on: this elevator is only for white

people - black people plz go by stairs confused.gif

Are you afraid of people you don't understand?

Should they have no right to see the rest of the world?

btw - did i already mention that i'm from Austria?

~S~ CD

About foreign languages:

It's not a big deal, but just a bit unpolite.

I live in the Netherlands and I usualy search for servers with the lowest ping. I assume other people do that too. Sometimes this will be a german server, sometimes english, sometimes french, sometimes eastern-europe. My point is: european servers will often have people from different countries. Therefor it's just a matter of being polite to speak a language that everyone understands.

what i hate most is people that dont read the mission briefing in a co-op or longer mission (like conquer the island)

hneel - i understand your point and i think it's ok

That's also the reason why i'm posting in english,

while my mother language is german.

But if two buddies r talkin in their language, then nobody

else should care (as long as they don't mess up the

screen with tousand of chat-lines).

I'm member of the DV-Squad - this is a UK based squad.

In my squad there is also one of my buddies from Austria.

Now if i'm talking to my buddy, nobody else from my squad

ever said that this would break the rules, and i think it's ok so.

Just imagine you have to talk to one of your best m8s in

another language (why the hell should you do things complicated).

Also everybody from my squad knows that if i'm talking in

german (i mean on TeamSpeak or RogerWilco), then i'm

talking to my m8 and not to any english one. Therefore

they don't care about me talkin in a foreign language.

When i want to say something to english people, surely

i do that in english language.

Hell even germans wouldn't have any clue what i'm telling

my friend in my Austrian (Vienna) sleng.

So this would be the next stage then: different dialects are

forbidden crazy.gif

~S~ CD

I don't think its a problem if 2 people speak their own language amongst each other.

Just the kind of thinking like "This server is in france. So only french people will connect here" strikes me as a bit narrow-minded.

As long as its german or frech I can understand most of it. But what if the server is in denmark, poland, russia? (in the latter case I don't even see the proper cyrillic font)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ Mar. 07 2003,13:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what i hate most is people that dont read the mission briefing in a co-op or longer mission (like conquer the island)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, or sometimes people will yell "please green up" and give you no time to read the mission.

On the other hand, some people seem to need ages to read a simple CTF mission...

What I hate about MP games? Here's what I hate:

1) Servers who take 8 billion years to start a game, even when it's obvious that those who have joined are the only ones to play at that time

2) Stupid rules (i.e. The Admins are the only ones who can use/drive vehicles (unless they tell you otherwise), oir it's kicked/banned crazy.gif)

3) Uneven teams

4) Elites flaming newbies. It's as if they expect everybody to be a 'born veteran' like them!

5) One time, I got in a helicopter with some guy, then halfway through the flight he told me to 'GET OUT!!', even though he had no objections to me taking the weapon controls in the first place.

6) People who laugh when they kill you. I just find that completely ignorant.

7) People who kick you out of the lobby because it's a game for their clan only, with no description of who is allowed to join. Why don't they just lock it and tell their clan the password?

8) Clans who say 'Only clan members can blah blah blah. And it's something that the whole team would enjoy. e.g. Taking a few tanks into an enemy held town, while the rest have to go on foot, making the entire game tedious and boring.

9) When I say 'I have the flag!', then one of my team-mates comes along in an attack helicopter and proceeds to totally obliterate the town I am in, after that saying 'Sorry. I was trying to kill enemy soldiers...'

10) TKers.

11) Heavy laggers.

12) Whiners going back and forth between game types/maps.

13) People who say something to me in a different language. I ask them politely to say it again in english then they just go 'lol'. Sorry, but I tend to get a bit paranoid when that happens...

14) Cheaters.

And there's my list. I know, I know, it must look like I'm whining, but all of that's true! There are so many assholes who ruin the whole MP experience...

Oh! I just thought of another annoying one:

15) Ridiculously long wait to respawn. I mean, who wants to sit there for 20 seconds with nothing to look at except your own corpse?

And that's all I have to say about that... (Forrest Gump talk)

The ones that play with p2p programmes connected and lag.

Also those annoying custom sounds which also lag.

Don't get me started on custom sounds!

I hate when people just keep playing custom sounds which are totally pointless. One time, I was playing a game with some guys... and all of a sudden, I got a whole string of crappy, pointless ( and LONG ) custom sounds, activated by people typing in certain things. The first couple of times, it was funny, but it got old really fast. I couldn't concentrate and eventually left the server. Chat activated sounds are only good in small doses, but that was just stupid!

I love disruptive players, it makes it all the more fun to counter-act in game.

I especially like the Dictator Admins who say that "TEH HELICOPTER IS MINE!111111". Any arrogance and selfishness like that and it's LAW time for them.

Other than admins, I don't encounter many other disruptive factors to a good MP game at all, maybe I'm just lucky smile.gif

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ Mar. 09 2003,18wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ones that play with p2p programmes connected and lag.

Also those annoying custom sounds which also lag.<span id='postcolor'>

OMG !! ! I hate them on MP games other than flashpoint too because unlike someone on a bad 56k,the ppl on cable who are downloading one big file or on p2p lag like shit and teleport eveywhere BUT they play perfectly fine and all their bullets hit  mad.gif  mad.gif  crazy.gif

Custom sounds are annoying cos they make me load in a bit longer than usual,faces are ok because usually their a sensible size.

There are just too many annoying things in net multiplayer in general sad.gif LAN all the way at least you can go and hit any little turds that piss you off  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wires @ Mar. 11 2003,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are just too many annoying things in net multiplayer in general sad.gif LAN all the way at least you can go and hit any little turds that piss you off  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When playing with complete strangers, I'd have to agree. But if you play with people you know and who know what they are doing, there's no problem. None of the people I regularly play with are closer than 250 miles from where I live.

While playing coop, this medic once refused to heal me when my legs were shot. I had to crawl for 20 minutes (there were no transport in the mission) to a med tent. Even the admin told the guy/medic to heal me or get booted, but the admin didn't follow through.

-=Die Alive=-

Okay right thats it. Up unitl the last 2 weeks I have never played ofp online before. I have no intention of ever returning. Guess what I found :

1) Rude people - they are everywhere

2)Arrogant hosts who insult you becuase they think you are

too scared to insult them back. Any host in a room I'm in quickly discovers that is not the case.

3)Elites being shitty to noobs- I'm not a noob but I see it all the time

4)Direct threats when you try and get in vehicles that others want

5)Possibly the worst game for team killing I have yet seen

6)People insulting you in foreign languages to try and get some sick fun out of it-If I even THINK someone has done this to me I'll ask them to clarify what they said in English. If they wont they get told to F/O

7)People swearing at me left right and centre calling me a quitter when infact I actually got disconnected (Session Lost)

Basically its a right old mess. The best thing about ofp is you have to use your brain. The multiplayer side of it has loads of very unpleasant charcaters indeed who have turned the game into what Rogue Spear ended up like or CS. Most have no intention of being a team player or having any fun, or backing up people on their side. the horrbile masses who drift from game to game treating people like shit while masturbating over their own kill rate have I'm afraid infected the ofp multiplayer community. Personally I'll stick to addon making and mission design. I have no intention of making enemies by simply trying to play a game online.

Chris I'm guessing those experiences are from playing random servers you found in the browser or in gamespy or ASE? I've not experienced any of those things because I have never played through those means, I either play with friends or with people who hang out in the IRC channel, not ideal for a quick game at a certain time admittedly but it's much more rewarding, I'd suggest looking into joining a squad and you should find none of those problems will exist smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">treating people like shit while masturbating over their own kill rate<span id='postcolor'>

LMFAO!

I so hate people who think their shit don't stink! And insulting noobs is just ignorant.

Hi all,

Well i myself am a Coop person,

but there was this one game where i was playing with one other guy and we were sneaking along and then out of nowhere he takes out his LAW Launcher and blows us both up and then leaves the server!! mad.gifmad.gif and i was like WTF??? but i do have a Squad i play with now and you can't beat playing Coop with Friends biggrin.gif

losing connections a bummer, i only have one server to choose from and its always empty, another annoyance, also waiting 30mins another annoyance, the worst thing tho is the people.

Heh heh, I hold a special record. I DIE more times then ANYBODY, every time! Garunteed.

You know something eles I really hate now. All the elites going on one side and the admin forceing all the newbs on the other. It was ironic though, last game the admin did this and ended up loseing. Apparently one of the 'noobs' was a VERY skilled Tank GUnner. I was his skilled driver, between us we totaled 7 Russian Tanks. We were only stopped when he had to go. We still won though. lol

Another thing I hate is everyone who keeps dissing Gamespy, because its not nearly as bad as alot of you think. I play with a regular crowd that I'm used to in Gamespy, mostly members of the SWCC and other clans including my own.

Here is a rant I made at radhishville awhile back when BETA testing a coop mission of mine....

I am thoroughly frustrated with people whom I play coop missions with. I mean, these are my friends (mostly fellow OFPEC buddys), but most of them just suck at following directions/orders. I've been testing my coop mission Operation Lojack with people on my ded server for the last month or so, and I swear, the vast majority of OFP players shouldn't be playing OFP, they should be playing quake/unreal/MOAA/CS/Deer Hunter/Whatever instead.

People have no concept of teamwork, and don't seem to understand basic rules that should be understood when playing a military combat simulation.

For all you quakers who play OFP, here are some rules to study:

(I'm not implying that rashishville patrons are like this, I'm just ranting)

*When your squad leader tells you to hold fire, you don't fire your f****ing weapon until he says you can fire your f****ing weapon!

*If he says "wait", you stop and wait - you do not run ahead 70 more meters to get a better look at the enemy camp.

*When he says "stealth" (or something to that effect), you try and be discreet - you do not run ahead 70 more meters to get a better look at the enemy camp.

*When he says get in the truck, you don't grab the UAZ next to the truck and say,"I'll follow you" - you get in the d**** truck, and you don't get out until he says to get out the d*** truck.

*Saying "READY TO FIRE!" does not give you permission to fire your weapon.

*If you are a medic, it's ok to hang at the back of the pack and be a "wuss". The squad needs you.

*If you are a medic, and one your teammates is injured, find them and help them.

*If you can't drive, let someone else do it.

*If you can't fly, let someone else do it

*When you evac chopper arrives, you don't shoot it down with your LAW Launcher

*If someone disconnects and their unit becomes controlled by AI, you don't have to kill him - He'll probably be more useful to the squad than you anyway.

nothign wrogn with quakers, quake was a very good game, even games absed on the quake engine that have far better team workers that other games like RTCW. One thing to rember AI listen to you they obey commands, human players, they are stupid wont follow orders get lost and have no idea what they are doing, best to rely on ai.

My point was that if you play coop, you should be able to follow orders from your squad leader.

People who take the 'kill kill kill' quake mentality into OFP screw it up for everyone else.

Quake based games are one thing...OFP is another.

BTW, I voted for "custom sounds" talk about an ANNOYANCE