Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Multiplayer annoyances

My personal pet hate is joining a server that is running a co-op mission, playing a few missions, then someone else comes in and starts whining for CTF or DM.

The sad thing is that the Admin often gives in to this whining. confused.gif

Those tiny tiny maps. Like the ones in St. Pierre and Mokra Varta. Where the flags are what, 50m, 75m at the most apart from eachother?

Ilike the small maps myself, well some, like Little Everon. I'v never experienced half thestuff you guys have gone through. I guess Gamespy isn't so bad afterall. ;p

Now, my very most hated thing is when starting up a game, i don't make it in, or when hosting, other people don't make it in, thus resulting in uneven teams.

I hate it when all the experts join on one side and force all the newbs onto the other.

I hate it when they go gogogo when we're waiting for 1 more player to even up the teams.

i hate having to wait eons for my soon-to be clan to give a tryout. (even though I understand why)

I really hate it when people Camp and hide "in the belltowers"

I also hate it when they sit right outside of spawnarea and kill people just as they are getting out of the spawn area. (LITTLE EVERON >.<)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Feb. 23 2003,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My personal pet hate is joining a server that is running a co-op mission, playing a few missions, then someone else comes in and starts whining for CTF or DM.

The sad thing is that the Admin often gives in to this whining.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

True confused.gif. That's why I play mostly with my buddies.

People/Admins who demand they fly/drive:

Yesterday, I was in this C&H map, we just start out, and I want to grab a UAZ that's parked beyond the Hind. So i'm running in the general direction of the Hind/UAZs, and the admin comes on and saya NOBODY BUT ME FLYS THE HIND. Ok, go ahead, I'm running for the UAZ anyways. Then the admin come back on and says: DONT YOU DARE GET IN THAT HIND, and I just say a simple "k" to tell him I understand and I keep running to the UAZs, and the shortest distance between me and the UAZ would put me within 5m of the HIND. I'm now maybe 5 or less meters ways from the hind, not running at it, but past it, and the admin shoots me in the back, killing me. I'm like WTF and he comes on I TOLD YOU THAT HIND WAS MINE.

Another thing that pisses me off. I've seen this happen a few times, people would plant satchels in our base or even in coop, around an important ammo box, and they's set the timer for 30 seconds or more, and they disconnect and the satchel would go off and kill a bunch of guys.

-=Die Alive=-

things which I think could be improved in the game itself.

* Join in progress & Auto team balance. (unless there's no room in the current map)

* Clients should be able to download addons from the OFP server or a central source. (i.e. the server should tell the client which addons you need and download them automatically).

* Admin should be able to start the game when everyone is yellow. (i.e. ready to start).

I've been trying to do some mapping lately and I'm suprised at the lack of decent tutorial maps. I've coded my own CTF map which i'll upload to ofpec.com when it's 100%.

Well, here are 2 new ones ive come across lately.

1) Guy jumps in chopper pilot right away- the whole team piles in back and he takes off - only to crash right away killing entire team then disconects.

2) Same as above but the pilot takes chopper way into middle on nowhere or over water - puts on auto-hover then disconnects.

Another thing i have seen a few times lately is server admins who have a full house and move guys with pings in the 150-170 range out of slots to make room for guys who joined server much later with pings in the 70-100 range-

Realy sad what some of these goobers do sometimes. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skunk Monkey @ Feb. 17 2003,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its the GO GO GOers that get me for sure.

And those who just wanna Fly ... Go play IL2 !!!  OFP is best as an infantry sim with extra's (vehicles).<span id='postcolor'>

exactly, and those who say they want a lot of vehicles. Then i end up as the only soldier fighting on foot  mad.gif

The politics piss me off.......on all multiplayer servers, their is always a small nit comunity of people that ruin it for everyone......that's why nearly all the people that own Operation Flashpoint only play it in single player mode. These people in charge of servers force their dictator views on people, and if they don't like it.....they tell them to leave.

This is the main reason why Operation Flashpoint is dead. I have gone online in resistance and seen under 100 people on the Dedicated servers. Don't missread this, I like flashpoint.....but due to the tight nit comunity of people, to join certian servers you have to download over 100 megs of addons. I like Flashpoint but I have seen people come and go, and I have packed in the towel due to this as well. I have got to Unreal Tornament cauz their is no politics, it has JIP and you have no Admin on the server. So if you remove the dictator......then that would sort out alot of problems.

If their is another game developed in the future.....this maybe words to consider.....as Unreal is older than OFP but has 1000+ people online at any one time, but OFP is better but people always break the server rules and if they are friends with the dictator......don't get punnished

i hate maps without vechicles at all, the whole point of ofp is vechicles without vechicles it isnt much, if u only have infantry there are other games that do it far better.

thats true gounta, one of those aim doods was kiking pings over 500straight away then his buddy joined with a 800ping, he just said it would come down well it never did.

wink.gif

Hah, look at you two in exile, the two Gameplanet outcasts.

It is totally ironic seeing you two in "Multiplayer Annoyances" topic, you two definately fit in here.

Curious as to why you would believe OFP dead... I just launched Australia's newest OFP server and we reached 32 players within minutes, we couldn't fit anymore.

Well I'll leave you two lovebirds to it biggrin.gif

ognnight1.jpg

Wow dammage 30 people on one server, thats heaps the combined auz and nz players = 30 people and international players. My multiplayer annoyances is CTF(aka deathmatch) maps without vechicles, ofp with out vechicles is kinda lacking, admins choosing the same map 4 times in a row, people who think JIP is for noobs, well i quite enjoy 30min waits where i go to the tolet it becomes a hour wait, or i loose connection 5mins into a 70minute game. If ofp is to become anything more than a 30min CnH, CTF it needs jip, if ofp is to become anything on sumthing resembling a large scale it needs jip, sumthing where u dont reach 30players on a server once a month.

I choosed 6.

But I cant understand what is the problem with german, french and russian leanguage... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Feb. 20 2003,04:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When playing on a server, and you have the clan members dictating everything, TKing you, and not get kicked, and when you complain a little.. you get kicked *cough-MOD squad-cough*

So yes , these kind of annoying little immature OFP 3rd generation kids is what bugs me most.

cheers<span id='postcolor'>

Absolutely right. Clans should be banned from accessing any games on any part of the internet at any time. Rogue Spear went to shit very quickly because of these vile verminous associations of pre-pubic 13 and 14 year old insecure school kids who have nothing better to do with their time than play for hours on the computer that mummy and daddy bought them so they didn't have to waste time raising their children. I hate these bastards, they should be shot. I have been where you have on this particular issue more times than I can remember. If anyone reading this thread is the type of person who gets fun out of abusing and mistreating people behind the faceless mask of a computer screen thousands of miles away from the person they are being shitty too, then i hope your whole family dies of some nasty vile, incurable disease  crazy.gif

Yep, it's right, this game is slowly dieing, you mentioned alot of reasons for it, but it's more!

More and more of the skilled players in this game leaves now, and it's because of cheating! Cheating is so easy at the moment that everyone can get better then any player that played this game for 2 years! I wont mention any cheats, but my clan, MAFIA, have problems to ban all of them on our server, people using speed, ammo, aim and all the other cheats, like removing textures is hard to find, and BIS ain't doing anything about it! They have destroyed the MP part in one of the best WAR simulators ever, I'm sure it ain't hard for BIS to make it harder to cheat, as any other game has less cheaters then OFP(almost)! Please BIS release an patch for server that can catch all theese cheaters so the veteran and skilled players want to play this again!

I guess you want to make more money?

Cheats, that's odd. I've never seen them when playing in public servers.

Oh and I must add one thing to my hate-list; G36. What I've experienced it turns every good CTF into mindless deathmatch mad.gif. When I see there's G36 in basic CTF, I usually quit and join another server. Nothing beats the good old fighting with ironsight rifles.

Dude always repeat speak english plz BEFORE THE MISSION START (I can speak in my mother language to a friend when we wait).

I want a CTF in coop only server

Silly guy who wants chopper and crash it (and the team)cause he does not know how pilot it.

My playerID ban on a server I never play it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Mar. 05 2003,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cheats, that's odd. I've never seen them when playing in public servers.

Oh and I must add one thing to my hate-list; G36. What I've experienced it turns every good CTF into mindless deathmatch mad.gif. When I see there's G36 in basic CTF, I usually quit and join another server. Nothing beats the good old fighting with ironsight rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

yes same, almost every map has both sides using the g36 even coops, not only dose this weapon turn things into a snipe fest and deathmatch it ruins any feel, i perfered the old days of m16 vs my ak. Iron sights all the way, any weapon with a scope is far to easy.

Funniest thing is that the G36 isn't even cold war era. It was introduced around 1995 I believe. I don't have any idea why the heck they put it in OFP, a game based in 1985.

Another annoyance is when I'm all stealthy like, taking my time to be sure I can get into a town. Made sure no one was there, and no one was around. But as soon as I take the flag, one of a few things happen:

An enemy chopper lands on me.

A teammate shoots me even though I said in side chat several times I was going into the town.

A friendly chopper lands on me.

A team of two guys come out of a forst hundreds of meters away and come back to the town shooting me (Infantry) with LAWs....