Overall, its fun, but some points:

* The Radar and Data link system has some great potential. It may not be long before we have a mod for SAM batteries, where there would be a various launchers that receive targeting data from a radar - take out the radar, and the SAMs are much less of a threat. It would be sweet to add a radar to those radar domes, and allow them to data link

* ASRAAMs on the blackfoot are broken. Of course the dynamic loadout is great if you dont need A2A capability: 48 DAGRs and 2 scalpels as a loadout gives it quite some firepower

* the internal loadout of the new jets is too restricted. most internal pylons on the black wasp give you just 1 choice (take the missile, or leave it empty)- which makes the stealth variant rather bland as far as choices go. Would it hurt to let the AMRAAM stations carry BIM9x/Falchions/ASRAAMs? I would also suggest allowing the internal stores to carry scalpel missiles, and allow Macers as an alternative to the LGBs

* some custom loadouts can be rather OP. Leaving it to the mission designer IMO isnt great IMO once the ability to chance loadouts after the missions has started is included - althought if they allow the mission designer to restrict the dynamic loadouts, that could be fine.

* I'm not sure if a MQ-12 falcon using DAGRs instead of DARs is OP or not... but is sure is fun to ditch the scalpels and just load 4x DAGR pods. Its still got good anti armor capabilities, and with that many guided HE munitions, its pretty good anti personnel too

* The Orca's loadout is a bit of a mystery to me... its the only CSAT that can use DAGR rockets... DAGR seems to be a NATO thing now except for the orca. The Orca also can equip ASRAAMs instead of the CSAT R-73. This seems strange to me

* Its strange that we get "real" weapons now like the AIM-120 C and D, what happened to the Zephyr? Why do we still have the Falchion if we also have ASRAAM and BIM9x. This seems redundant to me. Particularly as NATO forces use all 3 of them - Black wasp: some pylons restrict you to only BIM9x. Wipeout: some pylons can only carry the Falchion as an AAM, Blackfoot: only carries ASRAAM as an AAM... it just seems weird.

* The default loadout for the center internal stores of the black wasp is 2x amraams, 2x LGBs, 2x empty. Perhaps this is meant to give it options like the F-35 (at least A and C models): 2x amraams and 2x JDAM(similar role to our LGBs), or 6 x amraams. The JDAMs/LGBs take more space- fine, but leaving 2 internal bays empty seems inelegant. I'd suggest changing those 6 slots to just 4, but give the two slots that cna carry LGBs the ability to carry paired munitions (ie a  pair of scalpels/BIM9Xs/AIM120Ds)

* The Macer lock on range seems really limited - I guess this is due to the sensor overhaul. I'd like to see them tweaked to be able to lock on to idling tanks farther awya, I couldn't seem to get anything to lock under 2km (Even after giving the tanks move orders so that they'd be warm when I got to them). Real mavericks have a ~22km range.

I could accept 1/5th of this because of the small map sizes and how short range the radar is, but 2km seemed really short. A laser guided Macer variant could be great here

* The Tigris seems to be much more of a threat now that one cant reliably blast it from long range with a macer. Some HARM missiles could really be good here. I wonder if radar guided AAMs(AIM120) can lock onto it at BVR and pack enough punch to disable it?

* The carrier is a nice start, like the LHD was in arma 2... but if the LHD could be modded to have a hangar bay, working well deck, and working elevators, then this thing should have a hangardeck and working elevators.

I'm just waiting for the mod. 

• Like 4

What is the appropriate layout of the carrier defensive systems?  Which turret goes where?  Looking for pics that might give it away, not finding any.

I'm pretty sure this problem was never ment to be, but as it stands I am getting no missile warnings or radar data for incoming missiles in the Tigris or other AA vehicles. I think it could be a bug, but i'm not entirely sure.

Great DLC, enjoying it! 

As far as the animation in climbing in/out aircraft (or any vehicle for the matter), is there any way to disable the possibility to move the head (with the mouse) during its process? Kind of looks weird always looking at the cockpit while you climb down. It's not as important as it's silly to look at. 

Also, this is not a defect/error or anything, but extra carrier sounds (like during the CAT shot, for instance) would be nice.. 

Something that I think is missing is a diegetic visualization of the current level of thrust for the jets. The VTOLs, the helicopters, they all have a thrust value shown in the HUD.

But with the addition of continuous thrust, you have to have some form of visualization of thrust in your jet's HUD as well. The UI just doesn't really cut it in that regard. Having a small number being shown in the top left corner of the screen is not enough.

So... where are they?

ryvQOVJ.jpg

UlcQI9p.jpg

• Like 2

Tried to do a search if this has already been mentioned. Anyway:

SAM:s would be much cooler if they had a smoke trail. :) It´s fairly realistic and would also add to gameplay as pilots would have one more visual element to work with. Also SAM gunners would need to consider that firing a missile is usually also a way to give away your position to air and ground troops. 

Also AA missiles could generate smoke during the first few seconds after launch?

Something like this:

• Like 2

So finally I manage to test the final version of the jet DLC. 

The potential of the DLC is huuge... but it is greatly reduced by something that I couldn't understand...

Why, in the name of everything holy on earth, when I open my airbase it cuts my Engine!!!!!!?????

Why?

There's already the complete bullshot that you need an analogic brake (that open the airbrakes more or less) that fucked up half of my throttle axis, but I thought I could get used to it by remove the airbrake analogic and add instead a simple button...

But no!! Every time I decide open the airbrake my engine power go down to 0!!

So could you please go in nine with the standard behaviour used in Any more or less advanced game and properly code the jets:

- Throttle axis go from 0 to 100% in engine power!!

- Analogic airbrake is completely remove from the game in favour of the digital one (which is standard in nearly all plane today!)

- Digital Airbrakes only apply an overall speed reduction without impacting the engine power! You can then slow down without having to wait that the engine regime increase!!!

Oh another small detail...

Allow front wheel of all aircraft to turn at approx 90°. It's currently impossible to use taxi runway to reach the main runway at taxI speed. You ALWAYS end in the grass. The only way to turn faster is too increase the speed which mean increase the radis of yor turn!! You can even add an input to allow the player to free/block this rotation.

Is it possible to have those little QoL change??? They are REALLY needed!!

thanks developers, with this awesome update while also adding the dlc on may 16th, I know have completely lost the skill to land what chopper there is. this new camera look is all fun and games IN A JET. NOT IN A HELICOPTER. please make a button to check/uncheck whether a player wants to make use of this new camera look in 3rd person view. because this way i am done playing arma, my whole helicopter dlc just became completely useless to me.

they1= should remove the update of the camera view in third person for helicopters. I can't land ANY of the helicopters anymore because i cannot see the ground in this camera view!! PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

also entering helictopers became worse than it already was! this whole update made things worse instead of better. Only for jets tje camera view is finally worth something.

but still for the blackfish or the xi'an, please only use this camera view when they are in horizontal flight mode. because as long as they function as helictoper its is REALLY shitty to have this camera view.

FIX THIS PLS SOMEONE :(

First off i'd like to say i am loving the new content and all the improvements made.

I do have a few questions:

1) Is the 'throttle % indicator' in the UI ever coming to helicopters? I was very glad to see this indicator implemented for jets but i had been hoping it would also be used for helicopters, was it a deliberate move not to use it for helicopters or was this just an oversight? I fly helicopters a lot and i use a H.O.T.A.S setup, i think anyone who uses analogue throttle would greatly enjoy being able to see just how much throttle they are using at any given time. This wouldn't even mean changing the way throttle inputs are handled like the changes made to plane throttle where they are made 'analogue' even for keyboard users, the simple addition of the throttle % indicator in the UI would suffice. 

2) In the jets showcase there is mention of a function in one of the 'hints'. The third point in the 'Targeting camera' hint screen says: "To re-center camera to boresight or marked target press undefined".  I have looked at every single control input and i can't seem to find this function/keybind, is this an oversight? [Solved: Center look - under View controls.]

3) Is there a chance that the wheelbrakes for planes will be seperated from the 'decrease throttle' input just like they where for helicopters in AFM? It would make life a lot easier and operations more realistic if pilots would have control over their wheel brakes just like they do over their airbrakes.

4) Was the keybinding for collision lights left out intentionally or was this an oversight? I use collision lights extensively when flying nighttime operations with multiple vehicles and the option to switch the collision lights on/off without having to go back to my mouse and use the scroll menu would be a real improvement. Seeing as most everything is already bindable it seems odd to leave out the collision lights.

5) Is there a chance that the 'open/close ramp' action might also be added as a keybinding?

6) Is there a chance of control profiles being implemented, so that you can save and load your keybindings? I'm having to save the files from my user profile folders as backups for when my H.O.T.A.S. setup isn't recognized anymore (at random) and i have to rebind all my keys manually, which happens more than i would like.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

9 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

What is the appropriate layout of the carrier defensive systems?  Which turret goes where?  Looking for pics that might give it away, not finding any.

2xr2qyyvy1ty.png

Source

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tweestrijd said:

1: Does the helicopter Advanced Flight Model not have a HUD element for the Throttle percentage?

2: Numpad number 5 is what I press, using ArmA 3 Apex preset

51 minutes ago, Stick Cinnamon said:

they1= should remove the update of the camera view in third person for helicopters. I can't land ANY of the helicopters anymore because i cannot see the ground in this camera view!! PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

also entering helictopers became worse than it already was! this whole update made things worse instead of better. Only for jets tje camera view is finally worth something.

but still for the blackfish or the xi'an, please only use this camera view when they are in horizontal flight mode. because as long as they function as helictoper its is REALLY shitty to have this camera view.

FIX THIS PLS SOMEONE :(

Why are you landing with 3rd person? I would suggest using first person its a much better experience. 

• Like 1

Half of me wants to just laugh at the tears of those complaining about the camera view... well not all of them, but the ones that complain loudest, and one in particular who thought that 1st person view was not realistic but 3rd person view was (LOL). 3rd person view introduces a lot of bad elements to the game IMO (like seeing around corners and that sort of BS), however, for just messing around, it is nice. without track IR, moving the camera direction is not so easy, even using a hat on a joystick.

A different camera mode is a fine request, but due to the unfair gameplay elements (and unrealistic elements, but many times realism<gameplay), I like to play with 3rd person view disabled, so its funny to me when people get so upset about a change where if the craft points up, so does your view...

18 minutes ago, Big-Rooney said:

1: Does the helicopter Advanced Flight Model not have a HUD element for the Throttle percentage?

2: Numpad number 5 is what I press, using ArmA 3 Apex preset

1: Yes, but the regular flight model does not have it. And seeing as the AFM is actually just a self inflicted handicap in most servers it isn't the prefered option?

2: What is it called and under which menu is it? I can't switch back and forth between my own setup and the presets without removing all my bindings.

On 05/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, dr. hladik said:

By default it should be num 5. In free mode camera will be re-centred to default direction. In locked mode it will re-center to target (if any is marked)

31 minutes ago, Tweestrijd said:

1: Yes, but the regular flight model does not have it. And seeing as the AFM is actually just a self inflicted handicap in most servers it isn't the prefered option?

2: What is it called and under which menu is it? I can't switch back and forth between my own setup and the presets without removing all my bindings.

I see the point your making, maybe the helicopter model (simplified, arcadish) just doesn't support throttle input in the same manner as the jet's do now.

Quotes are in the wrong order, it's from the General Discussion on Dev Branch, don't actually think it has a key bind option as of yet, only preset defaults.

41 minutes ago, Big-Rooney said:

I see the point your making, maybe the helicopter model (simplified, arcadish) just doesn't support throttle input in the same manner as the jet's do now.

Quotes are in the wrong order, it's from the General Discussion on Dev Branch, don't actually think it has a key bind option as of yet, only preset defaults.

Thanks for the Quote by dr. hladik, num 5 is 'center look' on default, i restored the 'center look' to default and it works!

And that might be the case, but the input doesn't need to be changed really, just the % indicator which would show you the input given. I'm guessing that wouldn't be to hard of a step seeing as the game is already taking the input and translating it to an action ingame, it's just not showing the recieved input. :)

Read somewhere that the update should bring a new interface for the mine detector?!

How does it work? (I have the HUD switched off and can not see mines)

-Planes can see submerged submarines

-nobody else having problems with the GPS map? -maybe i just do not know how it works (zooming, adapting window like the big "M" map)

+the UAV´s seem to be working better than before (not spinning in place)

4 hours ago, polpox said:

So... where are they?

In the internal weapons bay?

• Like 1

@polpox
RE: Are you looking for the weapons?

38E010154D2C2BC49ACF8EC1AD58B1F5FAD0A5E2

I think he means where are the bomb and missile racks for decoration, and I think a dev mentioned elsewhere that they are still not sure whether or not they'll actually release them. Not sure why they wouldn't though.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2017 at 7:25 PM, nikiforos said:

I would love to use the filter(view through cockpit) of F18 to play as infantry , makes the game more colorful more interesting. If you guys make that default for the game believe me it would make a great difference for most of us.

Agreed. I would love to see the preset values they've used.

So far I really enjoy the sensor update, haven't tested the planes jet.

There is need for some getters, for the scripters :)

A "getVehicleRadar", to check the current Status of a Radar and a getter for marked/shared targets for/by one side.

Also a little bit of clarification would be nice in regard of following cmd: confirmSensorTarget

By default, A3 doesn't confirm Targets? I have to define the sides once?

And last but not least, is it, thanks to target sharing possible to create an AA Side that is only capable to shoot while there is an other Radar. without having to script all that? The scripting would be easy, but with the shared targets somewhat unpractical.

Is there a targeting reference for the config to ensure that a gun/vehicle/ammo is only capable to fire at shared targets?

Regards