duda123

Advanced Train Simulator (ATS)

steamLogo.jpg

Got questions? Join ATS Discord: https://discord.gg/RHkGYCt

We are taking donations to help fund future development. It would be greatly appreciated! 

Features:

• Drive and ride on trains in Arma 3!
  • Supports all existing trains and tracks on Tanoa.
  • Create custom tracks by placing APEX track objects in the editor (see directions below).
  • Multiplayer support. Mod only required to be installed on server.
  • Supports APEX and CUPS train models.
  • Supports APEX tracks
  • Supports Arma 2 tracks (packaged with mod)
  • Trains can be destroyed, killing driver / passengers.

Installation:

1. Subscribe via steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891938535 or download latest release from https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedTrainSimulator/releases
  2. If installing this on a server, add the addon to the -serverMod command line option. It's required on the server side and is not required for clients.

Directions:

While outside of a train, there are a few actions you can perform. Look directly at the train to get these possible actions:

• Get in Train as Driver: When looking at a train engine, you'll get this option to become the driver of the train. See train driver controls below.
  • Disconnect Car: When looking at a car connected to a train, you'll get this option. This will disconnect the car from the train. The train cannot be moving.
  • Ride Train: When looking at a train car (attached to a train someone else is driving) you'll get this option to ride the train. See train passenger controls below.

Train Driver Controls:

• Move Forward (defaults to W key): Speed up the train
  • Move Backward (defaults to S key): Slow down the train
  • Turn Left (defaults to A key): Controls track switching. Hold "Move Left" as you pass an intersection to direct the train down the left-most path.
  • Turn Right (defaults to D key): Controls track switching. Hold "Move Right" as you pass an intersection to direct the train down the right-most path.
  • Enabled / Disable Cruise Control (C key): When enabled, the train will maintain its current speed automatically (even if you jump out of the train - runaway train!)
  • Break (B key): A faster way to slow down your train besides holding down the Move Backwards key
  • Exit Train (delete key): Exit the current train.
  • First Person / 3rd Person View (numpad-enter key): Toggles between first and 3rd person in the train. You can also use the mouse wheel to zoom into 1st person.
  • Horn (H key): Train horn (hold for longer horn)
  • Bells (G key): Train bells (hold for longer bells)
  • Turn off Engine (E key): Turn off engine when train isn't moving
  • Lights (L key): A2 and High Speed trains support lights

Note: If you don't hold left or right while passing an intersection, the train will choose the path that requires the least amount of turning.

Train Passenger Controls:

• Exit Train (delete key): Exit the current train
  • First Person / 3rd Person View (numpad-enter key): Toggles between first and 3rd person in the train. You can also use the mouse wheel to zoom into 1st person.

Train Placement

Train objects can be placed on any tracks, including custom tracks. The train must be placed on top of the track. It's not important that the train object lines up perfectly. As long as it's on top of the track, it will work. All existing trains on the Tanoa map will work as-is. Currently, all of the train objects from APEX and CUPS are supported.

Track Placement

Custom track objects can be placed via the editor on any map. They can also connect on to the existing tracks placed on Tanoa. Only the track objects included with APEX are supported.

1. All tracks must be terminated with the track termination object. If you don't do this, the train won't be able to follow your track that has no termination.

track_placement_1.jpg

2. Intersections must use the intersection track objects. Intersection track objects can be place on top of other tracks. You cannot create intersections using straight or curved tracks.

track_placement_2.jpg

FAQ

Battleye kicks me when I try to do xyz. What do I do?

You need to configure Battleye rules on your server. Below are the files you need to configure: 

setvariable.txt 

Add the following exclusions to the end of all lines starting with 4, 5, 6, or 7 if they contain "" (meaning applies to all values): 

!"ATRAIN_"

setvariableval.txt 

If you have any lines starting with 4, 5, 6, or 7 and they contain "" (meaning applies to all values) it's not going to work. Either remove the line or explicitly define the values you want to kick. Since the values of the variables above can vary, I don't know of a good way to define an exclusion rule. 

Also, it's possible there are other battleye filter files that can cause issues. If you check your battleye logs you can figure out which file is causing a problem.

My server is blocking script remote executions. How do I fix this?

Most likely your server is setup with a white list for remote executions. In order to fix this, you need to modify your mission's description.ext file, adding the following CfgRemoteExec rules. If using InfiStar you should edit your cfgremoteexec.hpp instead of the description.ext file. See https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Remote_Execution for more details on CfgRemoteExec.

class CfgRemoteExec
{
    class Functions
    {
        class ATRAIN_fnc_unregisterTrainAndDriver { allowedTargets=2; }; 
        class ATRAIN_fnc_registerTrainAndDriver { allowedTargets=2; }; 
        class ATRAIN_fnc_updateTrackMap { allowedTargets=2; }; 
        class ATRAIN_fnc_hideTrainObjectGlobal { allowedTargets=2; }; 
        class ATRAIN_fnc_hidePlayerObjectGlobal { allowedTargets=2; };
    };
};

• Like 42

This is a revolution for Arma 3 congratulations for this great achievement. Hopefully sound and maybe 1person view will be added later.

Question : The only place I could find trains in the editor is under props and  wrecks. Anywhere else?

1 minute ago, nikiforos said:

This is a revolution for Arma 3 congratulations for this great achievement. Hopefully sound and maybe 1person view will be added later.

Question : The only place I could find trains in the editor is under props and  wrecks. Anywhere else?

Yeah, that's all I think. Here are all of the class names it supports:

From APEX:

Land_Locomotive_01_v1_F
Land_Locomotive_01_v2_F
Land_Locomotive_01_v3_F
Land_RailwayCar_01_passenger_F
Land_RailwayCar_01_sugarcane_empty_F
Land_RailwayCar_01_sugarcane_F
Land_RailwayCar_01_tank_F

From CUPS:

Land_loco_742_blue
Land_loco_742_red
Land_wagon_box
Land_wagon_flat
Land_wagon_tanker

Also, please like and re-tweet if you have twitter!

• Like 2

HYYYYPEEEEEEE.

Will it work on exile servers? Cant imagine the amount of fun i will have with this :D

1 minute ago, Aintence said:

HYYYYPEEEEEEE.

Will it work on exile servers? Cant imagine the amount of fun i will have with this :D

I haven't tested it, but it should.

• Like 1

"all we had to do was follow the damn train CJ!!"

oohhh boy... now i know what im gonna do with this mod in the editor >:D

time to replicate the "wrong side of the track" mission from GTA:SA!!!

• Like 1

Just tested it on exile server. you can get in the train, you can see the train is accelerating (bottom right) but the train itself is not moving. Seems to be server desync issue

3 minutes ago, Aintence said:

Just tested it on exile server. you can get in the train, you can see the train is accelerating (bottom right) but the train itself is not moving. Seems to be server desync issue

I've had one other person report that happening. Can you send me your server and client logs?

Trainsurfing in ArmA is possible   :DD

5kmh

6229BB3898EE32E88D3DED049505B9C3178A7F46

0D50253C80214168471F3B1DBF0DDCBA19354E03

69F968D8803DB2681AE4CC11F42ED7E2FB55B7D5

40kmh

2CAA6793EA807B6FF604B55EB5CE9804609D1889

Looks a bit weird at 40kmh, standing on top is possible, but after 1-2 secs you will be pushed to the next wagon, until the train ends...

• Like 5

wow, this is jaw dropping - respect!

Thanks for the pics in005 - I've added one of them to the steam page.

• Like 2

Congrats on the release! Absolutely amazing, something long wished for ArmA :smile_o:

Brilliant. So pleased to see this reach maturity.

Thanks for your commitment.

So when do we get derailing?

• Like 1

Always thought it would be sweet to use train to get to rad island. Today with release of this i finally can do it :D

• Like 1

Testing some new trains with Auss :)

train.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, duda123 said:

Testing some new trains with Auss :)

Thanks.

I just want you to know that you made a 7-year old boy extremely happy.

He's been watching his Dad play Arma 3 for months.

He's been watching your videos for weeks.

Yesterday he got to finally drive a train in Arma.

You REALLY made his day.

• Like 7

One of the best mods for an immersive experience imo, so much fun to mess around with. Thank You!

Congrats on the release mate. Me and my kids already rated ArmA as our #1, but now......

And holy hell do my kids love trains. I haven't told them about this yet, it'll blow their minds.

• Like 2

If anyone has tried this out on a MP server, let me know. I've heard some reports that when you get in the train, it lets you speed up/down, but the train doesn't move. Haven't been able to reproduce this yet.