duda123

Advanced Train Simulator (ATS)

Glad to finally see this in a releasable state.  Exciting times for Arma.

Would you be able to add a list of features you plan to add in the future to the post?  I think we'd all like to know where you're planning on taking this.  I'm personally hoping for destructible/repairable trains and derailing myself; would make Exile a hell of a lot more interesting to see my idiot friends hit the end of the tracks too fast and plow screaming into the ocean.

Thanks to Citizenship + CUP for the train models and Auss for the help making them usable!

• Like 5

Here's my current list of features to add in order of priority:

1. Support for A2 tracks & some custom trains (see video above). Working with team from Australia map (who will be adding 100's of kms of tracks to their map).
  2. Sounds
  3. Vehicle loading/unloading onto train cars (including mounted guns)
  4. Collisions / derailment
  • Like 3

This is the result of not having proper Lvl crossings, cmon BIS we need proper sign posted crossings :f:

NnhJg1o.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, duda123 said:

Thanks to Citizenship + CUP for the train models and Auss for the help making them usable!

Adding new models means the client needs the addon in MP too though? One of the great attractions for me of this mod was that it is server side.

14 hours ago, duda123 said:

Can you check your client and server logs for errors? Infistar might be blocking something.

I Have the Exact same problem on my side , Runing Exile.

No problems loading in , Addaction on trains work ,I can get in ,But when i try to speed up the speedometer moves but the train stands still.

Iam also running infistar, Infistar has the Del button set for Deleting objects on the map and i accidently deleted a train while exiting,But i noticed the wagons can not be deleted at all, As if they are still (static)? Not sure if it has anything to do with it just pointing it out,

Also tried the Kyle mode on infistar wich should disable 99% of its security but no luck , Same problem still exists.

Thank you for all your hard work  duda, Im enjoying every single mod you make, You Sir deserve a Statue.

Ps: Plz bare with my typos , Just woke up and Englisch is not my native language..

42 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Adding new models means the client needs the addon in MP too though? One of the great attractions for me of this mod was that it is server side.

We discussed this earlier today, I agree thats why the extra trains will most likely be in an optional pbo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tankbuster said:

Maybe two addons are need.

1. Been the server side only version for vanilla

2. one containing the addons. 

30 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Maybe two addons are need.

1. Been the server side only version for vanilla

2. one containing the addons. 

I think one add-on will work. Only if the mission includes the new train models would the add-on be required client side. It's up to server owner they want to force clients to install it..

9 minutes ago, duda123 said:

I think one add-on will work. Only if the mission includes the new train models would the add-on be required client side. It's up to server owner they want to force clients to install it..

IM sure I'm not the only mission designer envisaging helicopter strafing runs on ai trains in coop.

1 hour ago, Auss said:

We discussed this earlier today, I agree thats why the extra trains will most likely be in an optional pbo.

Great stuff!

46 minutes ago, duda123 said:

ok - but in my experience if not everyone has all the addons, issues between server and client can occur.

I hope there is a way to get them to move without player intervention! I never thought I'd see trains in Arma!

If there is a way to have AI drive them, will there be ways to 'stop' the train as a mission objective, etc?

• Like 2

There are now a few feature requests out there and they all seem nice. Post if you have a preference which one comes next!

• Support for A2 tracks & some custom trains
  • Train sounds
  • Vehicle loading/unloading onto train cars (including mounted guns)
  • Ability to derail/crash/damage trains
  • Ability to script trains to move on their own
  • Ability to load/unload AI on the train
  • Like 5

I really like the way you made a credible network, and BI have responded with engine/sidecar anims.

Excellent synergy between modder and developer imo.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, duda123 said:

There are now a few feature requests out there and they all seem nice. Post if you have a preference which one comes next!

• Support for A2 tracks & some custom trains
  • Train sounds
  • Vehicle loading/unloading onto train cars (including mounted guns)
  • Ability to derail/crash/damage trains
  • Ability to script trains to move on their own
  • Ability to load/unload AI on the train

I agree with this order! Can't wait to test this on the larger guage tracks on esseker and cherno :)

• Like 1

since you asked ill say, i think from a simple immersion stand point just having trains drive around with out people controling them would be great. I think that having an AI drive the train around would be nice. 

its obvious that many people here want to ride/ drive/ and load things on to the train and i want that as well. but personally i would like to just have trains rolling around as if a part of every day civilian life. preferably with a AI driver to make it look more legit.

end my two cents

• Like 2

I have to echo those sentiments of utilizing this mod for ambient AI trains. Really makes the place come to life.

Honestly I haven't had this much fun with a new mod release in a long time. Thanks Duda! Me and a friend spent a couple hours blowing things up with its invincibility.

Would love to see some custom community train models to add to the Tanoa landscape. I feel strange operating a standard gauge Czech prototype on a narrow gauge pacific island.

17632232_1302377296518854_86530683173176

• Like 4

Union Pacific SD60

7BAFCC6C1492DE4939356FF7EC4171A38A8BC39A

DE5E3D635C72E40B7B84D10F37E215F885721E69

15D80E2052C07FCF3D8BBABFA31848CE08D4E0B0

I need to make a working geometry, if its finsihed I will send it to @duda123

EDIT 1:

85358E0C8C0E5AC9604CC72813B429581BEA5D10

AFFBE727D03A5CD8E1B71CE7396A7B7DEA53565C

• Like 12

Just now, markocro said:

nice cooperation :)

trains are a long wished feature in arma, but the variety of trains in arma is not that big, as it could and should be, so someone needs to do something :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, in005 said:

trains are a long wished feature in arma, but the variety of trains in arma is not that big, as it could and should be, so someone needs to do something :)

That train looks amazing! Definitely not suited for the Tanoa tracks :)

Just now, duda123 said:

That train looks amazing! Definitely not suited for the Tanoa tracks :)

yep way to big for the curves, would destroy the rails instantly, because of its weight and needed curve radius... even the czech train would destroy them in rl