duda123

Advanced Train Simulator (ATS)

Yes, that what I thought you'd do. I imagine you had envisaged the same problems I did. Using ViVmight make the loaded vehicle invisible to external viewers. Not a problem in the Blackfish - big problem on a flatbed rail wagon.

On 28/03/2017 at 7:39 PM, kiroshin said:

I Have the Exact same problem on my side , Runing Exile.

No problems loading in , Addaction on trains work ,I can get in ,But when i try to speed up the speedometer moves but the train stands still.

Iam also running infistar, Infistar has the Del button set for Deleting objects on the map and i accidently deleted a train while exiting,But i noticed the wagons can not be deleted at all, As if they are still (static)? Not sure if it has anything to do with it just pointing it out.

Just wondering if this problem was solved? I had a flick through but all mention of this problem seemed to stop at page 3?

EDIT: Also tried a train I found on the Tanoa map with no attached carriages and it does the same thing.

11 hours ago, ShaunTheSheep said:

Just wondering if this problem was solved? I had a flick through but all mention of this problem seemed to stop at page 3?

EDIT: Also tried a train I found on the Tanoa map with no attached carriages and it does the same thing.

Yes this got solved , There is a second version on Github for Exile https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedTrainSimulator/releases

this version works like a charm , You do need to edit your Infistar and delete a column that handles the Invisible player object .

So I ported BMR Insurgency to Everon and wanted to add in a Train system..so the issue I found was there isnt any actual rail bedding for the tracks so its tough to keep them level..my thought was..and I dont know if this is possible but adding in rail bedding that is say 2meters thick you could lay the bedding down and the track on top of it to get over those small elevation issues on maps. That would also allow you to run the train around a large hill/mountain by laying the bedding down first. Maybe even have the bedding as deep as say an H-Barrier is. If using the Tanoa track just have the bedding be the same configuration as the track lengths and radius.

Anyway..just a thought for the future.

Diesel

• Like 2

Few more questions:)

Is this still available as a serverside mod? I want to keep it vanilla for clients.

Do the sounds work in MP if it is serverside?

And another..

I've reccied the island's railway network and I see that there aren't any large circular loops. I hope to have the trains running around, unmanned and autonomous, as background immersion features. Is it going to be possible to create an train with loco and waggons and have it run around endlessly?

As there's no large circular network, I guess we'll need to have the train sense when it's at a end and start reversing until it meets another dead end. Rinse and repeat.

ATS v1.3 Released. Find the latest release on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891938535

- Added train sounds (plus steam engine sounds!) New Controls:
    - Horn: H (Hold H for longer horn)
    - Bells: G (Hold G for longer bells)
    - Turn off engine: E (Turns off engine idle sounds while train is not moving)
 - Added first person views to all trains (press numpad-enter or zoom in with mouse wheel)
 - Updates player position to follow train
 - Improved train attachment simulation (so they don't clip into each other while attaching)

Note about sounds: If clients don't have the addon installed, they won't be able to hear the sounds.

• Like 7

Are there non-APEX tracks available? i want the non-apex owners to be able to enjoy it too (i wanna lay out tracks in takistan).

On 15/05/2017 at 7:02 PM, zafjr said:

Are there non-APEX tracks available? i want the non-apex owners to be able to enjoy it too (i wanna lay out tracks in takistan).

I'm also don't own Apex, but I easily understood the first page post:

Create custom tracks by placing APEX track objects in the editor.
Supports APEX tracks (CUPS tracks still in the works!).

So Duda will probably say no. But he might be kind enough to consider adapting his trains to BWI Rail Objects in the future? Unless of course they are the same as the CUP tracks that will be implemented later.

From what i understand, for the CUP tracks to work properly, they need to be updated by CUP team themselves correct?

Just buy the fucking Apex update!  Cost < 2 cases of beer.  Think about it.  ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I would take the beer, cheers ;P

4 hours ago, hcpookie said:

Nope

maybe we can put invisible geo lods just under the surface of the water then the AC could sail around maps :)

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Auss said:

maybe we can put invisible geo lods just under the surface of the water then the AC could sail around maps :)

THis FTW