duda123

Advanced Train Simulator (ATS)

This mod's clearly going to be extremely powerful once it's had all those planned features added.

Personally hoping those A2 tracks are done soon.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ZFDigitalVagrant said:

This mod's clearly going to be extremely powerful once it's had all those planned features added.

I agree, as cool as cable cars would be, would personally love to see rails/trains completed first ;)

I run some Arma 3 Servers and have been trying to get this Beautiful Add on to work on my servers.... I have no error reports from Battle eye,Infistar, Can get in Trains on tanoa using Tanoa trains and Cups trains on Cups maps.. But, they don't move? I really, really, really want this to work on Our Insurgency Servers. any help would be great, Thx [APX] Kilo

1 hour ago, _Kilo_ said:

I run some Arma 3 Servers and have been trying to get this Beautiful Add on to work on my servers.... I have no error reports from Battle eye,Infistar, Can get in Trains on tanoa using Tanoa trains and Cups trains on Cups maps.. But, they don't move? I really, really, really want this to work on Our Insurgency Servers. any help would be great, Thx [APX] Kilo

I had the same issue when I first tried to setup this mod.  You may need to add this to your description.ext or your cfgremoteexec (mine was cfgremoteexec inside my Epoch.Tanoa.pbo).  All credits to Duda for this info!

class CfgRemoteExec
{
class Functions
{
class ATRAIN_fnc_unregisterTrainAndDriver { allowedTargets=2; }; 
class ATRAIN_fnc_registerTrainAndDriver { allowedTargets=2; }; 
class ATRAIN_fnc_updateTrackMap { allowedTargets=2; }; 
class ATRAIN_fnc_hideTrainObjectGlobal { allowedTargets=2; }; 
class ATRAIN_fnc_hidePlayerObjectGlobal { allowedTargets=2; };
};
};

If you get the cfgremote/desc done and they still aren't moving check to see if you see a msg on screen saying "ATS loading" or something to that effect when you enter an engine car.  If you don't u will probably need to check the description.ext or cfgremoteexec.hpp and make sure the class Atrain_fnc functions are in there.  If you do get the msg and the train doesn't move get out of the train and move to a different engine car try that and if it works go back to the first engine car it should be working now.  I had this same issue on my Epoch server. 

• Like 1

I have a few issues to report.  First when I enter a train car on my Epoch server a clone of my character stays at the point where I entered the car.  This clone can be killed and will kill the character riding the train.  Also it seems that many times when attaching 10+ cars to the train the delete function will stop working and you cannot exit the train.  Also the server FPS goes from 49 down to around 30 and doesn't seem to recover if a train with a large amount of cars is moving around the tracks.  Seems to be a pretty heavy FPS hit which makes me wonder if there are errors flying in the background I'm not aware of.  Any help would be appreciated!

Great mod by the way this has got me super hyped to get back into ARMA after a long break.  Hope the development continues on this the future road map looks exciting!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pingopete said:

I agree, as cool as cable cars would be, would personally love to see rails/trains completed first ;)

Well the cable cars are already done since more than 1 person is working on different parts of this mod at once.  And I won't even say I'm working "on" the mode... I did the cable car models on a whim really.  You're welcome.

Geez it seems like all the issues are to do with Epoch.  I'm curious... do ANY of these problems happen on Tanoa w/o Epoch?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

Well the cable cars are already done since more than 1 person is working on different parts of this mod at once.  And I won't even say I'm working "on" the mode... I did the cable car models on a whim really.  You're welcome.

Geez it seems like all the issues are to do with Epoch.  I'm curious... do ANY of these problems happen on Tanoa w/o Epoch?

I did some testing in the editor on Tanoa running ATS only and I didn't have any issues.

On 05/04/2017 at 1:29 AM, ZFDigitalVagrant said:

23 hours ago, pingopete said:

Im sure the tracks and trains will be added in good time, please remember addon making is hobby to most. Addons makers make what they want, consider it a bonus content is released. :f:

This mod is just amazing!
When it gets to the state where it has sounds and even more details fixed, ohh..

So we are running this mod on our A3 Exile Tanoa server, and it work so far (for admins :P).

We have reached out to infistar through the Exile forums, awaiting answer on a problem with players getting kicked when entering a train.
This due to infistar´s old: 

checkHiddenObjects = true;

The problem has something todo with the player beeing inside a "invisible object".

Still waiting for an answer for this, but if someone else already got it. Feel free to share it with us :)

Wonderful work on this mod.  I have to vote for A2 rails as a coming feature.  The reason why is as of now you can't use the Tanoa rails in Terrain Builder, and I'd like to build a custom map entirely based around trains now that there is some functionality there.  I would love to work with you on this or do anything I can to help!  Best of luck developing this mod further.

I believe the Tanoa assets, at least some of them, have recently been decrypted, meaning we should be able to use them.  I know at least some of them were... not sure about the tracks however.

• Like 1

20170408110414_1.jpg

and finally we have a working highspeed train

• Like 12

240 kph? Amazing! This is going to be great for map makers to use on newer maps. Thank you

1 hour ago, colince411 said:

240 kph? Amazing! This is going to be great for map makers to use on newer maps. Thank you

At least they need to make maps the same size like australia or it would make no sense for that speeds... lol

Ok, the cable cars are just f*cking awesome... A couple of chair lifts, some skis, some snowboards and a good mountain, then we'll have a winter sports mod in no time lol. Amazing work as always Duda :smile_o:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hnchmc said:

Ok, the cable cars are just f*cking awesome... A couple of chair lifts, some skis, some snowboards and a good mountain, then we'll have a winter sports mod in no time lol. Amazing work as always Duda :smile_o:

Somebody get this man a promotion! jk

But seriously that would be such an awesome mod. You always see 'Combat Skiers' in movies, so why not in Arma? Most likely impossible to do, but oh well.

14 hours ago, in005 said:

At least they need to make maps the same size like australia or it would make no sense for that speeds... lol

lol. Well yeah it would be amazing if this was on Australia. Also, there are other maps of equal size in the works that could use this creativity. Good for role play and combat scenarios.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2017 at 0:48 AM, duda123 said:

Not signed in

Can the cable cars have guns?

• Like 1

On 09/04/2017 at 10:49 AM, Tankbuster said:

Can the cable cars have guns?

Or we could use FFV?

• Like 1

Amazing. Happy to see so many great content creators stepping up and adding to this project.

Props to them and the rest of the community for being so wonderful <3

• Like 6

20170414002243_1.jpg

20170414002427_1.jpg

• Like 5