Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

The confirmation prompts would get annoying after a while. It's bad enough as it is. :p

I like the idea of having the customizable gear in the menu but I think slotting people into specific roles would be a mistake. I think that something outside the game engine, like LEA, would be preferable, but that's probably just me.

The confirmation prompt is intended to prevent you disconnecting from a server if you accidentally hit esc. It can't be annoying now because it doesn't exist.

And who said anything about slotting people into specific roles?

Hahaha Pufu! I was just getting ready to pulll that quote over here as well (this is how it's done I guess Discussion/NO Discussion etc..?).

Was going to say something smarmy but I think you've got it covered ;)

Redjevel: dolphin would smack you so hard you would be begging him to hit you again the second time.

During Arma 2 i just found it the mod somone did called "Warfare mod"

Information:

This unic mod allow you to build units constract buildings and diffrent kinds of vehicle depending on the diffrent faction you select from the start.

Gameplay:

All factions have thier own "Commander" this guy are the only one in the team that can costract building and move the "HQ"

If the HQ is destoyed the faction will be annihilated.

All players all "Officers" this allow them to build units and vehicle from the buildings the commander builds.

"Officers" mission are to Capture diffrent locations on the map and kill all the hostilies (Neutrals) controling the points from the start.

When a location is caputred a vehicle will spawn and it will drive between the location and the HQ this generates money this will be divide amount the players in the team. (This can be ambushed and destoyed)

There are 3 factions in the game this makes it alot harder to fight an specific enemy team.

There are diffrent types of locations that are captureable, often villiges but there are also 1 to 3 Airbases. this allow the team to construct new units like planes and helicopters.

My wish:

i would like to see this gamemode ingame made from the start so it wont be so buggy.

This would allow players to test diffrent types of gamemodes and i belive this would be really cool and popular aswell.

I strongly suggest you make this as an playable mod and works with it as you will patch up the game. Would gather alot of players sence common games, like (Cencur) failed.

Sry for bad spelling/grammar.

I hope you like my ide . Thanks for a great Arma2!

Hello good people :) Really looking forward to ARMA III. I just noticed something about my favorite helicopter - HAVOC :cool:

1b5374f8-43895.jpg

In above picture Mi-28 gunship a co-axial rotor when in fact it has a standard rotor & tail-rotor arrangement:

http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/acimages/mi28n_nesvetaev.jpg > 100 KB

1640131-mi28.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-28

Edited by Max Power

RotorNut

Welcome to the forums. :)

Here we have a 100 KB image limit. Please check the size of your images before posting. If they are over 100 KB, please link to the URL.

The differences you noticed are because of the near future setting. This is not an Mi-28 havok, but a (fictional) related development called the Kajman.

Edited by Max Power

Wished we would see the german Wiesel ingame, what a tiny and funny small tank.

the combat mission mode is great in arma 2, very dinamyc. Arma 3 have this mode?

RotorNut

Welcome to the forums. :)

Here we have a 100 KB image limit. Please check the size of your images before posting. If they are over 100 KB, please link to the URL.

The differences you noticed are because of the near future setting. This is not an Mi-28 havok, but a (fictional) related development called the Kajman.

Hello & thank you for welcome! :)

Im very sorry for breaking image rule :(

Thank you for the info on the fictional helicopter :) Its a neat idea and looks cool. I wonder if someone from MIL company will see this and get idea!

the combat mission mode is great in arma 2, very dinamyc. Arma 3 have this mode?

The what mode?

On this topic, I would like to see improved, additional, or at least fixed "plug and play" missions for ARMA 3. Not everyone is a dab hand with the editor. I myself was shit at it at one point, I remember the first mission I ever took serious time and effort on, and it was still rubbish but you learn as you go. Not everyone is willing to do this however and I myself sometimes find I just want to jump in and play a randomised mission, especially after work.

It would be good if there were more options than the current ARMA 2 "Sec-Ops" mission in the mission wizard. Or at least allow more flexibility in the wizard. Or modules that you could simply put into the editor and sync it to the player and it would generate a single dynamic objective, sort of like "Sec-Ops" but more elaborate: roaming patrols, a degree of randomisation, more objectives, insertion point and extraction point etc. Then when the mission is complete it would end after being extracted.

Simple and easy enjoyment.

combat mission, Idk in spanish is like that.

saw this posted and thought of some more stuff to add it it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133120-Will-there-be-Crepuscular-Rays-Sunshafts-etc

having these effects would be really sweet and add to the believability of the world, but there is also something else that would also have to be added along with these effects. im talking about shadows, more specifically, shadows from the clouds. terrain already casts shadows on its self, tho a bit buggy. adding shadowing from clouds would just add so much to the visual experience.

Buttermere_-Hay-Stacks-Web.jpg

SiteCityCloudShadows.jpg

is it even possible for volumetric clouds to cast shadows?

Shadows from clouds would be pretty neat. yet another little detail that would add alot of immersion. In real life when I am outside on a sunny day shadows from clouds are always moving around making it dark and bright on the ground. But I wonder how much resources and time this would require to make happen. If it ate up a few fps I would probably prefer not to have it. a smooth game without these little details is a lot more immersive than a choppy one with them.

a smooth game without these little details is a lot more immersive than a choppy one with them.

Nicely put, and applies to quite a few of the suggestions in this thread.

I'm thinking shadows from clouds could be implemented with a kind of shadow map. You could probably use a 1024x1024 texture for a 10x10km area. This would resolve to around 10 meters (squared) per pixel, which is definitely sufficient for cloud shadows, which have blurry edges anyway.

This method would have a negligable performance impact by itself, but the cloud shadow texture would need to be regenerated frequently, since both the clouds and the view point can move/change.

i agree completely. it would be nice tho. another thing that would be nice, is to get the terrain shadows fixed. currently the terrain can only cast a shadow on its self. the shadow does not shot on vegetation or structures, much less players or vehicles. kinda sucks when you walk down the shadow side of a hill, only to be lit up by the sun that's behind the hill.

We will have to wait for BIS on this. The new animation and lighting systems (along with PhysX) is what will make or break A3.

Well, judging by the recently released preview video, I think ArmA3 is pretty well made... :) Definitely not broken

I laughed at them all walking doing the same animation - I'd love to see slight tweaks or small modifications to them so no one acts the same. But meh, lighting, terrain and atmosphere was a plus.

I laughed at them all walking doing the same animation - I'd love to see slight tweaks or small modifications to them so no one acts the same. But meh, lighting, terrain and atmosphere was a plus.

You can see in this screenshot that they don't always all walk the same. There's AI here (in the top left corner, on the ledge) that is walking with both hands on his weapon, whereas two of the three guys below him are walking as in the video:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRHB0sei1_Zz7HR5CD5ZOiG22U140MuiZI3v3v1zBSo9MAKm-M

So I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Yeah it's just for a trailer that will get a lot of views, and critics, you'd think they'd kind of notice or tweak that. Everything else looked fine which was the good thing. :) It's like some of the published pictures in magazines, hand not on the handgrip and what not - need to look more in detail before they publish. Happens with every gaming developer when they release something new - look at Skyrim, difference is, there was minimal to moan about. :p

I'd like to see more effective suppressive fire, especially for AI. I believe a player (PVP) and AI should be almost crippled to return effectively any fire. I mention this becouse even when I had an advantage of 2-3 shots I ended up suppressed myself, speaking of vanilla of course.

Sorry, It was a joke. I have no intent to play an "alien invasion mod," and I'm sorry if I was derailing anything, but if you honestly have a problem with my sense of humor then perhaps you just best avoid commenting about it.

dude game development is not easy. you gotta respect that. also, the whole "alien invasion" thing is overdone and cliches aren't really funny. rather develop a better sense of humor, and then post.