Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

why would BIS implement WW2 -> Vietam equipment in a WW3 (2035) scenario?

maybe for guerilla or bandits or general for those small rebel groups / factions... in ArmA 2 OA, Russia, Takistan, USA etc... used todays weapons and Takistan rebels or Guerillas used mixed : ak-series and lee-enfield... so whats the problem ? even if its playing in 2035 : ArmA 2 OA plays in 2012 (3 years after the events of chernarus) and it contains weapons for some factions or units that are made before WW1 and used in both WW1 and WW2 and vietnam, means more than 100 years !!

maybe for guerilla or bandits or general for those small rebel groups / factions... in ArmA 2 OA, Russia, Takistan, USA etc... used todays weapons and Takistan rebels or Guerillas used mixed : ak-series and lee-enfield... so whats the problem ? even if its playing in 2035 : ArmA 2 OA plays in 2012 (3 years after the events of chernarus) and it contains weapons for some factions or units that are made before WW1 and used in both WW1 and WW2 and vietnam, means more than 100 years !!

Very little weapons are from ww1/2/vietnam and i doubt they would still use them in 2035... Perhaps the AK-47 would still be used but it depends on whether or not NATO pulled out of Afghanistan and left the weapons like the Soviets did

Don't you think that's a bit... Overkill? I mean, you counted 14 launchers, some variations on others, and others haven't even seen any use since the 1940s.

logics 101:

a) the number of rifles available in an army exceeds by at least 100:1 (and i am being generous here) the number of rocket launchers. The ratio would be even grater in favour of said rifles if you talk about WW2 type launchers, which, opposed to Ak-47s and whatever other weapon you can think of, are NOT used anymore. Please show me some proof that panzer launchers you listed there are used anywhere in the world...

More so, the ammunition for those kind of weapons are NOT so easy to come by as it is for ak rounds (which can also be manufactured locally, using pretty basic tools and methods, it is not really rocket science).

So your comment regarding Lees and Aks when you wish-listed obsolete hand-handled launchers..

b) the conflict in OA takes place in a different area than A3 will, mimiking the low-tech weapons available in areas such as Afghanistan Iraq etc. Opposed to that, Greek lads (Limnos or otherwise) don't have tons of ak-47s and Lees just lying around for those guerrilla lads to use in the case of a full scale attack.

As Myke would put it, please use at least Brain v1.0

logics 101:

a) the number of rifles available in an army exceeds by at least 100:1 (and i am being generous here) the number of rocket launchers. The ratio would be even grater in favour of said rifles if you talk about WW2 type launchers, which, opposed to Ak-47s and whatever other weapon you can think of, are NOT used anymore. Please show me some proof that panzer launchers you listed there are used anywhere in the world...

More so, the ammunition for those kind of weapons are NOT so easy to come by as it is for ak rounds (which can also be manufactured locally, using pretty basic tools and methods, it is not really rocket science).

So your comment regarding Lees and Aks when you wish-listed obsolete hand-handled launchers..

b) the conflict in OA takes place in a different area than A3 will, mimiking the low-tech weapons available in areas such as Afghanistan Iraq etc. Opposed to that, Greek lads (Limnos or otherwise) don't have tons of ak-47s and Lees just lying around for those guerrilla lads to use in the case of a full scale attack.

As Myke would put it, please use at least Brain v1.0

remember, its a game, and even if its a military simulator, its not THAT realistic : ive never heard of takistan and chernarus, and now dont come with "ahh use google maps" in real life they names are not chernarus or takistan, second : now arma 3 brings the island limnos but not that realistic and exact like in real life with every detail, but today there is no war and i dont care if the game plays in 2035, all the military content does not look like future. third : its a damn game, so we can type any wishes we want, not everything is based on real-life, so i wish you good luck to use Brain v1.0 :)

remember, its a game, and even if its a military simulator, its not THAT realistic : ive never heard of takistan and chernarus, and now dont come with "ahh use google maps" in real life they names are not chernarus or takistan, second : now arma 3 brings the island limnos but not that realistic and exact like in real life with every detail, but today there is no war and i dont care if the game plays in 2035, all the military content does not look like future. third : its a damn game, so we can type any wishes we want, not everything is based on real-life, so i wish you good luck to use Brain v1.0 :)

Again, I'm not seeing the logical connection from a fictional geographical setting to explosives and other weapons that have not been manufactured for going on 100 years at the time the game takes place.

I can imagine Warfare mode in one map with Stratis and Limnos together... Both factions raiding each other's island, trying to capture the carrier in the middle for aircraft refueling/rearming...

That would be incredible, with the size of each map and the 30 odd kilometers separating the two islands I imagine conquering every settlement would take a very long time to accomplish. Ahh it's good to dream:)

Again, I'm not seeing the logical connection from a fictional geographical setting to explosives and other weapons that have not been manufactured for going on 100 years at the time the game takes place.

again, its a game, not real life and since its a game, we can wish/add/want/have anything we want.

again, its a game, not real life and since its a game, we can wish/add/want/have anything we want.

Slow down now. First off, people are getting pissed off that Arma 3 is ruined because it's set in the near future, now people are annoyed because it's a game and should therefore have weapons that probably don't even exist anymore outside of museums.

Make your mind up, people.

Slow down now. First off, people are getting pissed off that Arma 3 is ruined because it's set in the near future, now people are annoyed because it's a game and should therefore have weapons that probably don't even exist anymore outside of museums.

Make your mind up, people.

Ahem... 3-D printing :D Where do you think the civilians on Lemnos got the body kit for that pimped out hatchback :)

remember, its a game, and even if its a military simulator, its not THAT realistic : ive never heard of takistan and chernarus, and now dont come with "ahh use google maps" in real life they names are not chernarus or takistan

Yes, and what is your point here, son?

second : now arma 3 brings the island limnos but not that realistic and exact like in real life with every detail, but today there is no war and i dont care if the game plays in 2035, all the military content does not look like future.

You are talking about terrain here, i am talking about game content, more specific museum artifacts launchers. The details of each have very little to do with the other.

third : its a damn game, so we can type any wishes we want, not everything is based on real-life, so i wish you good luck to use Brain v1.0 :)

You talk about yourself using "we"? golum?

Of course you can type whatever you want to, no one said otherwise. You just need to comprehend how stupid some of those requests are by knowing what the bigger picture is. So instead of getting defensive, and if you really want those launchers, it would be a lot easier to get them done yourself by the time A3 hits stores.

In the Stratis Showcase Video you can see that the Airplanes fly at much higher speed and more realistic

In the Stratis Showcase Video you can see that the Airplanes fly at much higher speed and more realistic

Yes this is something that's worth recognition, It's quite impressive.

Replays

It would be nice if I could record game. ARMA3 should allow player to play & edit (just basic functionality like changing view) recorded replays. I suggest 3 types of recording:

1. Full: Everything is recorded (ie. events on the other side of map).

2. Custom distance: Everything in specified distance is recorded.

3. Current view: Only events observable from current view are recorded and the view will be fixed in replays.

I suggest it because recording software for Windows fullscreen programs

a) requires additional money, b) hurts performance. I assume that you can capture game more efficiently than frame-by-frame capture and encoding.

ARMA 3 should alos contain tools to convert this internal representation to open video formats like Theora or WebM.

good GOD, where should i start:

1. how would you suggest recording all the events all over the island? You could record the movements paths, that's certain, but that is about it.

2. sam as 1

3. see above.

a) nothing is free, even if it might seems so

b) let me break this bubble for you:

A. You assume wrong. Video is in fact a, normally, a 24/30 (and lately even more) frames per second photography. If you think there is another way of doing it, you either should be put up for nobel prize or you take school more seriously.

B. The recorded information needs to be stored somewhere. That is your HDD. For a game that where the disk I/O is already high due to the number of model/textures etc that it needs to stream, having continuous recording is not something that should be recommended. Besides, why would a solution provided by BIS out of the box, that obviously would work just like any other 3rd party in the end (record -> store raw data - if you want RL encoding, you are really in the realm of sci-fi - defy the drop in performance that is associated with writing data on your HDD, that is already used for streaming data for the game?

C. A3 is game, not a video editing software. Tools for editing and converting video are really far out for BIS scope.

I really suggest you read up on what is possible and what not, and how things you write down actually works. Moreso, i also suggest you wish something different, because what you want in the above post is NOT doable.

I want tha possebility to add many new compartments to the Subs and make them placeble anywhere on the map.It would be Great of we can have Bis Made Op-Centers compartments that can be made with special modules that can add things like working Monitors/Screens tapping into Drone feeds and just adding things like what you can see in Navy Seals movie or similar.

It would be great if we could just specify the size of a room like in "Make Town" addon and simply add a subhunting helo on the fly and simply add a cargo hold to the Sub like in a 747 (like a container space) and insert a `walk-passage`door from one to the other.

That way we could make a Op-center with some sort of "High Command" that takes care of the mission and have a room that is guarding the Sub and make it move by drag and drop on map.

Make sure that none of the restraints that is preventing things to be implemented now will not mess

things up for us in the new game.

It would be cool if the enemy has got a Sub that we can sink,taking out their High command.

What if we started out in our own Sub when we played in MP? Or one side in Sub,other on Island?

I whant to see a change in Animation/Game mechanics; Adding pre-sets,Start/End point/Proxies

1Propell out of water,2 grabb hold of some guard and so on,by simply adding Zones and what I want him to do there.

I want to see fully animated doors that looks like those on a Sub in a Library that has all parts Animated and the possebility to operate all handles /wheels turning them by hands.

I want custom animations to be made on the fly to all vehicles.I push a button to make the action and the crewman operates the computer to make it happen.

That would be cool to get in the game.

I want tha possebility to add many new compartments to the Subs and make them placeble anywhere on the map.It would be Great of we can have Bis Made Op-Centers compartments that can be made with special modules that can add things like working Monitors/Screens tapping into Drone feeds and just adding things like what you can see in Navy Seals movie or similar.

It would be great if we could just specify the size of a room like in "Make Town" addon and simply add a subhunting helo on the fly and simply add a cargo hold to the Sub like in a 747 (like a container space) and insert a `walk-passage`door from one to the other.

That way we could make a Op-center with some sort of "High Command" that takes care of the mission and have a room that is guarding the Sub and make it move by drag and drop on map.

Make sure that none of the restraints that is preventing things to be implemented now will not mess

things up for us in the new game.

It would be cool if the enemy has got a Sub that we can sink,taking out their High command.

What if we started out in our own Sub when we played in MP? Or one side in Sub,other on Island?

I whant to see a change in Animation/Game mechanics; Adding pre-sets,Start/End point/Proxies

1Propell out of water,2 grabb hold of some guard and so on,by simply adding Zones and what I want him to do there.

I want to see fully animated doors that looks like those on a Sub in a Library that has all parts Animated and the possebility to operate all handles /wheels turning them by hands.

I want custom animations to be made on the fly to all vehicles.I push a button to make the action and the crewman operates the computer to make it happen.

That would be cool to get in the game.

This actually isn't the wishlist thread. This is actually the discussion thread for the wishlist thread.

Here is the wishlist thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125819-ArmA-3-Community-wishes-amp-ideas-NO-DISCUSSION&p=2139705#post2139705

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

I want to be able to use AutoDesk 2012 to be able to be used with Arma 3.I would prefer a Licenced Version with as many features you can get;It will definetly help the invention of new aspects to the game/gameplay.

It would also be great if we can get a version of Poser 2012 Pro.

That would definently help the game a lot.

What? You want BIS to make a licensed version of Autodesk 2012 and Poser 2012? Or do you want BIS to cooperate with Autodesk to make plugins?

In that case, I think we need like TIE fighters. It would fit into the futuristic setting, and tie fighters are super sweet. No, do not argue, no rationale is required. We can have/add/want/wish anything we want.

good GOD, where should i start:

1. how would you suggest recording all the events all over the island? You could record the movements paths, that's certain, but that is about it.

2. sam as 1

3. see above.

a) nothing is free, even if it might seems so

b) let me break this bubble for you:

A. You assume wrong. Video is in fact a, normally, a 24/30 (and lately even more) frames per second photography. If you think there is another way of doing it, you either should be put up for nobel prize or you take school more seriously.

B. The recorded information needs to be stored somewhere. That is your HDD. For a game that where the disk I/O is already high due to the number of model/textures etc that it needs to stream, having continuous recording is not something that should be recommended. Besides, why would a solution provided by BIS out of the box, that obviously would work just like any other 3rd party in the end (record -> store raw data - if you want RL encoding, you are really in the realm of sci-fi - defy the drop in performance that is associated with writing data on your HDD, that is already used for streaming data for the game?

C. A3 is game, not a video editing software. Tools for editing and converting video are really far out for BIS scope.

I really suggest you read up on what is possible and what not, and how things you write down actually works. Moreso, i also suggest you wish something different, because what you want in the above post is NOT doable.

I pretty much like the idea of having a built-in recorder which has a bit more performance than FRAPS and the likes. :-)

Something could add later with a patch or so, nothing important to focus on IMHO. Resources are limited ^^

What about C-Ram on a Big Rig now when aircraft fly much faster and higher and NO All Seeing Radar for Ambush/Killzones

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

Joey Ramone... Hey Ho...Lets Go! :)

I didn't throw much into the mix for ideas, but this is what I have:

Game Play / Engine

-deeper color palette

-virtual populace (not a huge map W/ no civilians or infrastructure) Make the place look “lived-in†autonomous population with jobs, homes, bus stops

ability to Entrench/Fortify position

external vehicle passengers (non-scripted)

crawl out/into windows for stealth or when pinned in a bldg.

set fire to buildings

true downforce effect on trees (bending trees)

destroyable lights (street lamps etc)

sneak in shadows (hide in culverts, ditches)

why does a 6 ton helicopter lose vs 500 lb tree?

Content

Denel NTW 20 (20mm Anti Materiel Rifle, 2 man carry) prevents use of UBER sniper weapon. Must be used as a team, limited ROF, ammo count. Very effective when used properly.

Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (USMC) getting in line with the future appeal

HIMARS W/ SLAMRAAM better SAM coverage

Douglas A-1 Skyraider, true close air support without all the "tab-fire'ing"

OV-10 Bronco same as above

Waverunner/Jetski come on, tactical surf ninjas on waverunners :)

Tear Gas, Pepper Spray, Riot Gear ... the way the world has been going lately. Besides, gives the ability to play a new gamemode "Occupy Lemnos"

I have other ideas, but this is just a start. I'm not much of a big "gun" guy. I don't need to have every gun out there, but its the odd things I like to see, like ambulances and tow-trucks, etc.

And the VOIP directly from TakeOn Helicopters!

Also for High Command MP and in Subs OP-Center!

@mistermdg. Not a bad idea, I think a more advanced morale system would be welcome by many. One thing I would add on top of range to target and caliber of weapon is rate of fire. The volume of fire is very important, multiply that one guy with an FN Fal 400 meters away by 30 or 40 and your HMG gunner is probably going to start to shit it.

Another feature to a more advanced morale system (just playing around with the idea here) could be music. It would be interesting to have your teams morale increased by walking beside a vehicle with it's speakers blasting out music. Maybe even just a rested benefit would suffice for 'regaining' morale, going back to base to resupply could bring morale back up to it's normal level for the respective unit. It could always just regenerate automatically when not under fire (or be a fixed setting like I believe it is atm) but it could bring some interesting dynamics for mission makers to stuff around with.:)

this has probably been suggested already, but i'd like to see urban warfare improved upon. i'd like to see AI moving through buildings, doing sweeps, assuming defensive positions, etc. arma is great but it really needs more urban warfare in general

Civilians can play in an important part in any game. I believe that A3 could benefit if more attention is paid to the civilians. While not only could it provide more "eye candy", but may add more of a believability factor. Personally, I think it also has the potential to add an RPG aspect to the game. If the civs had the potential to go about their daily lives, it would be easier to create more fluid missions. For example, I wanted to create a cutscene similar to a movie saw, a woman and her boyfriend were sunbathing on a beach having a drink when a speedboat beaches itself and armed men jumped out. Unfortunately, there isnt a "drink martini while lying down" animation. Also, I'm unaware of bathing suit man and woman models.

Civilians can play in an important part in any game. I believe that A3 could benefit if more attention is paid to the civilians. While not only could it provide more "eye candy", but may add more of a believability factor. Personally, I think it also has the potential to add an RPG aspect to the game. If the civs had the potential to go about their daily lives, it would be easier to create more fluid missions. For example, I wanted to create a cutscene similar to a movie saw, a woman and her boyfriend were sunbathing on a beach having a drink when a speedboat beaches itself and armed men jumped out. Unfortunately, there isnt a "drink martini while lying down" animation. Also, I'm unaware of bathing suit man and woman models.

Yeah, it'd be awesome if there were a lot of civvies in game. Unfortunately, Limnos is kinda lacking on civilians from what I gather from the story:

Situation

Most of the formerly inhabited areas are currently unpopulated; the highest population density can be found in the vicinity of Myrina and along the Southwestern coast. The biggest settlement is currently the military base, inhabited only by the Iranian deployment.

That said, the number of civilians may still be larger than what we've seen in ArmA2.

It would be much more natural seeming and realistic if the civilians were actually going about their daily lives, instead of just randomly walking around like in ArmA2. Especially since the island is occupied, it'd be really cool to get a sense of a population living under occupation.

Edited by antoineflemming

Yeah, I'd like to see the civilian "faction" fleshed out just as thoroughly as any other. There is nothing worse than seeing say 15 civilians in a crowd and the faces and clothes start repeating.

Yeah, I'd like to see the civilian "faction" fleshed out just as thoroughly as any other. There is nothing worse than seeing say 15 civilians in a crowd and the faces and clothes start repeating.

Well not only that, but they act more like bots than the military AI. They don't act like civilians. Especially since they said that ArmA3 will be a little more RPG than previous games, I really think the civilians should move, act, and react like real civilians. Just watched a video of another game, GRFS, and their civilian interaction seems so life-like. I even think civilians in ArmA3 should have a different set of animations than military characters.