Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Well not only that, but they act more like bots than the military AI. They don't act like civilians. Especially since they said that ArmA3 will be a little more RPG than previous games, I really think the civilians should move, act, and react like real civilians. Just watched a video of another game, GRFS, and their civilian interaction seems so life-like. I even think civilians in ArmA3 should have a different set of animations than military characters.

I agree wholeheartedly!

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Hmm, maybe not dual wield in the sense of two firearms, but I know that I tried to make a character hold a briefcase and a pistol recently, but it wouldnt work. So, there are instances where something in both hands is a needed/useful option.

A good idea for civilians animation wise would be to include things like stumbling and falling animations as a form of panic when they run from danger and such. Not to come off pulling something from Crysis, but Crysis 1 had this with their AI's animations and it did prove to be a rather neat and random thing to see (and funny). Perhaps have them covering their heads if they're running away unarmed and such. Just different details that'd make them seem a bit more human.

Lol worse as those North Korean propoganda videos - with the "bodyguards" dual weilding pistols.

Seriously?

Like an akimbo of cz scorpions :icon_lol:

Like an akimbo of cz scorpions :icon_lol:

It's Klobberin' time!

What about being able to search for and download certain items like "Bedford Truck" and the ability to download Only that car.?

Sometimes Danish Forces mod,BW mod or SAM got that new UAV (UBL)that I want;What if we can get that ba adding something like `Advanced Description.txt`to the mods where you can search for

_Volvo_Model_"MV 8"_Green_Military_Giraffe_Radar_and_Sam_System" or something like that in any

mod and add it into it`s own file by searching,downloading and drag and drop it with Thumbnail onto any map?

The ability to modify any truck to carry a "Pre-Made" Radar that moves and a Standard Radar Screen

or Mando_Missiles_Display.

I want a Much Improved Police Light Mod that enables you to add any kind of light to be changed exactly as I want them to flash in what order.

Invisable soundspeakers and mirrors that can be tilted so that they can actually be used in game;No

more 3 turns of the wheels to make the turn,please!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Like This ;Old Car+New Police Mod+adding the lights onto roof in WYSIWYG 3D Editorhttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qsEoB20UC7C799KWD1WnFNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Yes,Yes,Yes!

And the Rotating Lights of VBS 2 also,Please,BiS!

What about being able to search for and download certain items like "Bedford Truck" and the ability to download Only that car.?

Sometimes Danish Forces mod,BW mod or SAM got that new UAV (UBL)that I want;What if we can get that ba adding something like `Advanced Description.txt`to the mods where you can search for

_Volvo_Model_"MV 8"_Green_Military_Giraffe_Radar_and_Sam_System" or something like that in any

mod and add it into it`s own file by searching,downloading and drag and drop it with Thumbnail onto any map?

The ability to modify any truck to carry a "Pre-Made" Radar that moves and a Standard Radar Screen

or Mando_Missiles_Display.

I want a Much Improved Police Light Mod that enables you to add any kind of light to be changed exactly as I want them to flash in what order.

Invisable soundspeakers and mirrors that can be tilted so that they can actually be used in game;No

more 3 turns of the wheels to make the turn,please!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Like This ;Old Car+New Police Mod+adding the lights onto roof in WYSIWYG 3D Editorhttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/qsEoB20UC7C799KWD1WnFNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Yes,Yes,Yes!

And the Rotating Lights of VBS 2 also,Please,BiS!

There's no point in requesting mods. BIS hasn't/doesn't/won't make mods for their game. The community makes mods. That said, it's kinda premature to request mods for ArmA3.

The problem with wanting to be able to download parts of addons is that the config for that particular car or truck may also reference other models that you don't want to download. The truck that you want to download may only work because of that config file. So it would cause problems if you only wanted one thing in that mod.

I just came up with a great idea;What about of we get a Kineckt Sensor for PC and made a API/Plugin that recognize

the hands and fingers of the player,maybe adding highly reflective gloves,or P5 Glove (40$ OR SO) and make it "Kineckt-enabeld" from the beginning and have leaning forward for "W" and IR 5 and some sort of Measuring Tape to judge distance and tell the Ai the direction and give commands as to what to do.

It will also make you be able to "Record" many new commands by simply make a new animation on the fly and adding it with a script or simply compile it in Java with "Coding for Fun" right there in the Engine.Or whatever works....That will make some stuff no one realised before-like Arma 2 Armory with a lit of cars parked in a line:

I think I will put the police lights on a Civillian Volvo S80 from P77 Police Mod and change the colour of it to _Green

and and move the Collision Lod Mesh from something else that has the best such Mesh and the CROWS Gun System

onto the roof and a Thermal Camera on a mount.

With the new system (and RoadPainter)and maybe a way to add a "collision-style" system that nudges the car to bounce back to the Center Line of a road,it might be easy to keep the cars on the road ,maybe a Viritual GPS system

to track them work in Arma 3?

Just my 2 cent for now...:cool:

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Yes I now that will add things I don`t want;But maybe it`s posseble to add a "Basic Version" based on "Class_Trucks"

or something,You just build from the basic version and add in Parts as you go,WYSIWYG editor as of they where ships

that can break apart or something ,I know this will need a new way to Complie /Decompile a Mod.

Maybe it`s worth it ?

It `s just a thing on how to make the New Features of Arma 3 better than Arma 2,keep the old system for the old stuff ,but making changes to the new for better usability,sence you only need a "Library" of items for a "Car" to change into a "Fire truck" by adding lights and usable items that it has for it`s roll.

Use ONE Config with Classes/SubClass that could be made in such a way using Java

that refer a Part of the car From One Car (the undercarrige,Steering) and putting

a suspension from another Creating a 3rd.

When you look at these cars they are sooo Big,it might work to add "Standardized Parts" onto any car by simply add a rigging for another car of the same class and

"Switching off" things like Collision,Lod, make "Armour Plates" Removeble by "Hard Points" like they did when they added multiple rockets to Pods.

We Want Choices ,as many as the community can think of to take whatever is shipped in the box and be able to work out how to do it with as little restraints as yuo can make it! That`s all .The Bis Team don`t have the time to make the mods,I know that!What I mean is that In order to have new functionallity,they may need to write some code for it,like Track IR 5 to make it be poseboll to use, to be put in there and get working at all.

Edited by John1000
It`s Not a Request,it`s a Wish

[wall of text]

Maybe it`s worth it ?

[wall of text]

it isn't

tip of the day: get of the crack son

vehicles can be customizeble as soldiers: posible to change armor type, turrets, skins

That's already a feature in ArmA 3 :)

I think I will put the police lights on a Civillian Volvo S80 from P77 Police Mod and change the colour of it to _Green and and move the Collision Lod Mesh from something else that has the best such Mesh and the CROWS Gun System onto the roof and a Thermal Camera on a mount.

You have exceeded the maximum tolerable level of stupid.

The Bis Team don`t have the time to make the mods

Sure they do, one of them made the Dayz Zombie mod, but really being a modding community, its up to us to mod the game how we want, if BIS created a mod it prob end up being a DLC, I'd rather have them spend their time fixing, upgrading them in areas we are unable.

Has anyone mentioned for Arma3 editor and this is what Im wishing for is where you can select multiple units and make them all playable

at once versus having to edit each unit to make them all playable.

I'm seriously not surprised that no scripter, coder, modder has not taken up the idea or the project to make multiple units all playable at once.

I'd take up the project if I had a clue, editing almost everyday can be annoying when small tedious "work" has

to be done out of your own creations to make something happen.

what Im wishing for is where you can select multiple units and make them all playable at once versus having to edit each unit to make them all playable.

Do you mean that you would like the ability to 'swap' avatars during gameplay?

Hi. Can modder in ARMA 2 do first person spectating capturing also free-look, weapon aiming, binoc, operations on map, operations on menu? Thank you. (I'm not asking in A2 section because currently I'm just interested if it's possible and not how to do it).

Do you mean that you would like the ability to 'swap' avatars during gameplay?

That isn't what he means. In the mission editor to make a unit playable you have to select that unit and go to playable. Then you have to do it for the next unit and the next unit and the next. Not even copying and pasting a playable unit will leave it as playable. Essentially, he wants the ability to be able to select multiple units at the same time and just hit playable once to make them all playable. I support this idea.

Absolutely!

And I would especially highly appreciate something similar for waypoint parameters due to the same reasons

Actually, it would be good to be able to edit multiple units at once. It could look like:

Unit name: <different>

Unit status: Playable

Unit parameters: doStop this;

Hi. Can modder in ARMA 2 do first person spectating capturing also free-look, weapon aiming, binoc, operations on map, operations on menu? Thank you. (I'm not asking in A2 section because currently I'm just interested if it's possible and not how to do it).

AFAIK, the bolded one should be possible (except when the said weapon sight is a long range one, as you cannot make the difference between eye on sight or not) the later, not.

please add advanced orders for AI,i mean ,for example, send Ai to a position and clear ennemies in it.