Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Actually, yeah, that pic does look oversaturated on my screen. But it's cuz I've turned my saturation up. And, I did that because the colors on my PC screen didn't look vibrant enough. Like the blue and the reds, for example, looked too desaturated on my screen. But, I've basically done what you did to the image, I just applied that to EVERYTHING by changing my computer's saturation levels instead of editing just another image. But, most real pics on the internet don't look oversaturated on my screen. And the ArmA3 screens on my screen look perfect. Because I did the same thing at first (increased saturation on the ArmA3 screens). Once I changed my computer's saturation levels, I had to go back and desaturate the ArmA3 screens.

Like, for example, does this look too desaturated to you?

http://www.ypsipyli.gr/myrina-map.jpg

Because, it looks pretty good on my screen. Most images of Lemnos look fine on my screen, a lot less saturation than that pic you put up. So, idk.

I am really not sure about the quality of your screen is, or why everything looks dull for you. I also have an professional IPS panel dell (in fact 2, one home one at the office), and there is no need to push up the saturation.

That said, there needs to be a slightly better contrast and colors in A3, especially since the action takes place in an area where the sun is brighter than say in cherno...

All this argument is going no where. The colours are a bit off. Thats the point. And adjusting Monitor Levels or NVidia settings is not gonna work. I wont do that and you shouldnt either. Monitors are calibrated for a reason.

And adding colour via post rendering is not clever. You cant polish a turdle. When there is lack of colour, saturation will just add distortion. The more of these posteffects are rendered the more information is lost and the more distortion is added.

They could just add an option like: sunglasses: blue, yellow, green, orange, non...

In real life earth has less colours only when it gets dark. And therefore its okay. but the world has colour and that gives lot of information. Of course colour is hard to work with, cause it looks artificial when done wrong. Its easier to desaturate than to have right colours. But it wont be more realistic with less colours it just doesnt look so wrong in the first place.

Argument's going nowhere, but remember, you brought it up in the first place. But just about every real picture of a real location looks fine to me. I don't have to go find supersaturated images to see what proper real world color looks like. And, still, you say that adding saturation increases distortion. 1) That's how I'd describe the pic you put up showing "real life color". 2) Have you ever considered that maybe your monitor/desktop color settings are desaturated? If so, then adding more saturation wouldn't distort quality as long as your saturation corrects the desaturation. Just try it. You may be surprised. Regardless, ArmA3 shouldn't change their color. How does ArmA2 look for you? If it looks desaturated, chances are ArmA3 will look desaturated. If ArmA2 looks fine, then chances are ArmA3 will look fine. But I'm betting ArmA2 looks a little desaturated for you.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

I am really not sure about the quality of your screen is, or why everything looks dull for you. I also have an professional IPS panel dell (in fact 2, one home one at the office), and there is no need to push up the saturation.

That said, there needs to be a slightly better contrast and colors in A3, especially since the action takes place in an area where the sun is brighter than say in cherno...

I actually upped the saturation on my screen because the blue Windows 7 wallpaper and background didn't look blue enough; I think my Dell's default saturation settings were too low. Either way, ArmA3 should provide you with video options to change the saturation levels so that it can be the player's choice of how much color he/she wants. For the record, nothing looks too desaturated on my screen anymore. I've got a Dell UPS btw.

Edited by antoineflemming

I think I have a very intersting Idea , I hope you share my Opinion:

The High Command Mode from Arma2 was very cool. Can you give the High Command also a Artificial intelligence. Because it would be cool for Editing and Playing. So that player wich are playing as a high Commander and control a lot of troops on the map , playing against a artificial comander wich is also able to control artificial intelligence units on the map. In my opinion the game can find some strategic advantages.

Is something possible?

(And is it possible that units like tanks ect will use tanks wich use streets ect and will not try to pass mountains and see?

I think this can be a good improvement in comparision to this Arma 2 option.

I hope soe will share my opinion and think about this Idea.:)

Release DayZ on newest RV build sell for 30 dollars

Turn it into an annual release project

change the weather and time of day each time and get famous celebrity like Kim Kardashian to endorse its 'crazy graphics'

???

INFINITE WEALTH

What I would like to see is some kind of nice transition from sharp grass and textures in front and near the soldier to more far away mountains. They look too blurred:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/120506/o9jdumqn.jpg

--

here it is done in another shooter, the mountain is as slick as in ArmA but it looks like it is not:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120506/v8846y7r.jpg

--

From far above ArmA again looks far far better - just like a real picture:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120506/attcr9iz.jpg

-

It is also a problem in PvP when you can see the enemy soldiers crawling over a slick, blurred texture, grass-less mountain.

--

Another thing that bugs me since Operation Flashpoint, are the hills and mountains. I know that it is hard to make a whole island with such many details, and that the comparison is not so fair cause ArmA II is 3 years older than that. It is just to show:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120506/eiez26jx.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/120506/hkfiq3eo.jpg

Hills shouldnt be so slick. They should have grooves, stones, and cliffs and such. In Arma Mountains often are just slick eggs.

Edited by tremanarch

Fresnel effect...

When viewing smooth glossy surface materials at angles e.g. glass, water, vegetation etc...

The more angle, the more reflection is seen.

Hills shouldnt be so slick. They should have grooves, stones, and cliffs and such. In Arma Mountains often are just slick eggs.

While I fully agree with you, this is only really possible on smaller maps (Due to limitations of the size of the height/satellite map, (4096x4096 I believe) to get larger maps, you need to increase the distance between nodes (Cell size) and it gets less detailed. I'm pretty sure that Chernarus has a 15 ish meter cell size from what I read) and would take a LOT of work to get right. :)

I think so too. AT least I like bigger maps more than smaller regardless of the graphic. but maybe they could be a bit tricky. The ground textures in BF3 are very tricky. They look 3d, but arent. Thats all I am asking for. anyway, ArmA II is still a beauty, and ArmA III will get even better!

Note about human gravity center adjustment:

This evening I just wanted to bring your attention about gravity center changes experienced when running forward and turning around...

At 2:49 in

you may see how a soldier character increases his inclination level, adjusting his gravity center, to match his current speed... IMO it looks impressive but, above all, pretty much natural

At 3:43 in this video you may see a character which skeleton does not seem to adjust his gravity center when turning right/left and, thus, this character look less loose when running...

This idea is quite old since 2d games just like "

" demonstrated at 1989 -its just an example-, however, its a hard achievement to get accurate but natural 3D animations since it involves more than a skeleton and mass but also implies a huge understanding of human anatomy and its "dynamics" ;) Edited by Robster

Well, there is work on the new heavy platform for the Russian Armed Forces indeed, but both drivings you have posted are incorrect; the first one is "artistic interpretation" from a popular-science journal of the possible look of Object 195, which was canceled in favor of Armata, and the second one is "what if" of T-90MS with an engine in front from a forum about alternate history. Up to this date there is only one picture from a somewhat reliable source exists:

modifarmata.jpg

It's a very early (around 2010) concept of the family, nothing more than an outline, for instance there is absence of an ammo storage behind the turret, which was hinted at few times. So, I doubt we will see any credible pictures before 2013.

Just a ONE SIMPLE thing I want you bohemia interactive to add - first aid without any modules. Build-in first aid. Something like slx first aid. With dragging ability. Please! This tiny thing would be great. Arma is pretty much unrealistic when everybody die instantly. Maybe just add a one module that a player must put on the map in editor to activate it for every single unit.

Just a ONE SIMPLE thing I want you bohemia interactive to add - first aid without any modules. Build-in first aid. Something like slx first aid. With dragging ability. Please! This tiny thing would be great. Arma is pretty much unrealistic when everybody die instantly. Maybe just add a one module that a player must put on the map in editor to activate it for every single unit.

Seriously?

Play Arma2 much? Check the editor, specifically the modules... what you want has been available since 2009.

I think he means a module that you don´t have to sync to every damn group leader if you want it to be global...

I think he means a module that you don´t have to sync to every damn group leader if you want it to be global...

Then BIS should make a module that auto links to every group leader.

I for one don't want a forced first aid system because I want the ability to have my own/use somebody elses/or not use one at all.

So auto module would be great. I just don't want to play with that sync stuff. Just place and play.

Here is another clever little thing I came up with:What about using the Very good looking thing they use for Grass in Farming Simulator;It looks out of this world good,many hi-rez rendering with the ability to use "-X command" from an other simulator that can make holes (trenches),digging ,rotating Beacon Lights (LightBars) for Policecars and so on.

It`s very easy to script things or add things like Chain Mod or Attach_To.With WYSIWYG editor.Nodes for placing stuff onto

cars and they allready have a lot of usermade content online.

This is what I want for Arma 3.

If anybody knows, can you tell me why weapon resting will not be implemented ?

Is it only because it's too difficult or it's because BIS thinks it's not a good feature considering the game play ?

I ask because I it dosen't seem to be hard to introduce in the game since it's possible with mods, is weapon resting a bad idea ? Is weapon resting unrealistic ?

Why was there a "no way" policy ?

Thanks

Edited by jackrabbitslim7

And IFwill have Weapon resting too, at least for MGs

Is it only because it's too difficult or it's because BIS thinks it's not a good feature considering the game play ?
I ask because I it dosen't seem to be hard to introduce in the game since it's possible with mods, is weapon resting a bad idea ? Is weapon resting unrealistic ?

BIS games of the CWA bloodline typically embrace realism. What do you think?

I would say that they probably have bigger fish to fry than weapon resting. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, but I would wager that introducing it into the game in a polished fashion is a technical nightmare. "Polished fashion" of course being discrete from ACE's method where you can still kind of swing your weapon through obstacles and the weapon doesn't actually sit on anything in a physical sense. I also believe the ACE team did a great job to introduce it given engine limitations.

Edited by CameronMcDonald