Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

I just read this: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/sumatra/

And then I remembered that Arma3 was supposed to get Java support.

I have not the faintest idea what great stuff the genius coders in the Community will make of this within the next few years, but the possibilities are endless, and just got a potential performance boost.

Even if Java support does make it to ArmA 3, it will not have engine level access of course. It'll be in a more restricted environment.

If we were to use the average civilian or an Army POG as "normal", then an USMC grunt would probably count as "extremely muscled". Considering it's military, it's hardly unusual though. I don't think I'd be able to get off more than one shot from an M107 with any kind of accuracy, while standing, but it'd be a lot easier for a well trained grunt (who didn't skip too much PT, that is:)).

Just need to add a much more sway to heavier weapons if standing or crouching.

So, I was firing the new CZ pistol from ACR on the shooting range, and noticed that the sights are f****d up. Maybe we should collect some money to give all the BIS people shirts like this: http://www.weapon-blog.com/2012/10/sight-picture-shirt/

THIS is what it should look like... Both the top edges and the dots (for low light shooting) needs to be aligned properly. I noticed that the dots on the Glock 17 are misaligned, although at least the top edges are correct on that one.

I really wish that all the pistols in Arma 3 will have properly aligned sights...

Edited by Johan S

Make it for the ps3!!!

Please!!!

Best request in months...

'xcept...not

So to follow on from my post in the thread... does anyone else think having real holographic/zero parallax red dot on Eotech and red dot sights is a good idea? At the moment all the red dots look very cheap and it really undermines the entire simulation aspect of the game (why have all those cool features and only to have the immersion destroyed by something so small?). I don't think it's impossible, the video embedded in my post in the main thread shows it was done as an add-on for ArmA I and more recently (don't lynch me) OFP Dragon Rising :/

So to follow on from my post in the thread... does anyone else think having real holographic/zero parallax red dot on Eotech and red dot sights is a good idea? At the moment all the red dots look very cheap and it really undermines the entire simulation aspect of the game (why have all those cool features and only to have the immersion destroyed by something so small?). I don't think it's impossible, the video embedded in my post in the main thread shows it was done as an add-on for ArmA I and more recently (don't lynch me) OFP Dragon Rising :/

Apparently it's an engine thing. This whole thing has actually been discussed before, but I don't remember the specifics.

Apparently it's an engine thing. This whole thing has actually been discussed before, but I don't remember the specifics.

That's a shame really. I don't know much about game engines but would ArmA I and ArmA III's engine be different fundamentally? As I said before it was done for ArmA I and if the engines are similar, I don't see why it can't be implemented

a. Dragon Rising is on a different engine.

b. it would obviously be welcomed

That's a shame really. I don't know much about game engines but would ArmA I and ArmA III's engine be different fundamentally? As I said before it was done for ArmA I and if the engines are similar, I don't see why it can't be implemented

c. a1 implementation is/was some sort of workaround, which leads to gfx glitch for some video cards (it is in fact an extended geometry with the texture projected farther away.

d. so best way would be for BIS to allow a more "embeded" solution. i am not even talking about RTT/PIP here.

A deeper(and optional) reload system. Also loose ammunition

Have 4 different types of reload and animations.

1. (By Pressing R Once - Magazine Not Empty - Long Reload) Soldier pulls out magazine from vest and does a tactical reload and replaces magazine in vest(Can be refilled with loose ammunition, magazine is in inventory for later use {Also +1 Round})

2. (By pressing R twice {or more} - Magazine Not Empty - Short Reload) Soldier drops magazine from weapon on to the ground and inserts new one (Used magazine does not go back into inventory {Also +1 Round} - In game object, can be picked up)

3. (By Pressing R Once - Magazine Empty - Long Reload) Soldier pulls out magazine from pouch and does a tac reload and replaces magazine in dump pouch - Uses bolt catch or racks bolt{Dependent on weapon} (Can be refilled with loose ammunition, empty magazine is in inventory for later use)

4. (By pressing R twice {or more} - Magazine Empty - Short Reload) Soldier drops magazine from weapon to the ground and inserts new one - Uses bolt catch or racks bolt {Dependent on weapon} (Used magazine does not go back into inventory/dump pouch - In game object, can be picked up)

look, I mean no insult to you guys, but surely items like this and that one request to put in the Austrialian army.... its a time consuming and waste of dev time. let the devs contribute more meaningful features than spending a couple days working on whether a soldier has 1 round in his chamber or not. it would mean MO-Capping each individual reload, then applying it in game and checking it doesnt clash with each weapon/soldier. surely that is truly a waste of time? and as for the Australians, in the context of Armaverse, why would the australians be deployed to greece? they are so far away! and in terms of gameplay in arma 3, all they would add is just a M1a2 tank reskin with an austrialian flag, leave the Austrialian and other similar armies to the modders.

It should be noted to anyone who tries to post it, I guarantee ArmA will never be on Playstation or XBOX. By the time a next-gen console arrives, we'll already have ArmA 4 that it can't handle. Maybe later, after a while, and BIS maybe (maybe) decide to say "Hey, we're continuing support. This is old, we have consoles that might be able to handle it now, let's port it over."

However, that day will come on a blue moon during a solar eclipse with all the planets in perfect alinement and we'll have bears on the moon.

A knife I can use in combat. I can either A: sneak up on unsuspecting guys and backstab/choke/something or B: engage in a weird combat thing with dynamic stabs and dodging, trying to get the other guy in CQB

Are you high? :o

It should be noted to anyone who tries to post it, I guarantee ArmA will never be on Playstation or XBOX. By the time a next-gen console arrives, we'll already have ArmA 4 that it can't handle. Maybe later, after a while, and BIS maybe (maybe) decide to say "Hey, we're continuing support. This is old, we have consoles that might be able to handle it now, let's port it over."

However, that day will come on a blue moon during a solar eclipse with all the planets in perfect alinement and we'll have bears on the moon.

Did someone say

?

I for one wouldn't mind this game on consoles. 360 preferably. It would probably never run it but my 360 isn't getting enough use these days. I still haven't got around to getting OFP: Elite though. I think I know where my other xbox is at so maybe I should try to find that. We probably don't need to be having the console discussion again though.

Edited by Jakerod

All I've ever heard on the subject is that PS3/360 definitely don't support ARMA 3, and while ARMA 3 is probably PC-exclusive (DayZ standalone may get a console port but that's not RV4 and has a narrower scope anyway) Bohemia went "no comment" when asked about EVER getting an ARMA on consoles...

I imagine though that in reality we'd probably get a made-for-consoles-from-the-ground-up ARMA instead of a straight port simply due to controller limitations, albeit it'd probably be different from the PC version mainly (besides the inevitable slower patching compared to PC and modding limitations*) in changing the unit command interface.

* There is hope -- after all, Little Big Planet 2 was outright promoted on use of its "editor" -- but I wouldn't be surprised if it had a "vanilla assets only" Editor.

Edited by Chortles

Anyone see these? Pretty good requests. There has been similar requests here but not visually articulated as such.

Videos

Anyone see these? Pretty good requests. There has been similar requests here but not visually articulated as such.

This is just what is needed in Arma. You described and implemented the solution so well that I've nothing bad to say in that. Those dots in leaning position are just how it should be because everyone knows where their hand is going.

Even CoD does grenade system better than Arma:whip:

Anything does granades better than ARMA.
Unfortunately, as of E3 and Gamescom builds Arma 3 was no better with hand grenades than Arma 2, so far as I could tell :(

Unfortunately, as of E3 and Gamescom builds Arma 3 was no better with hand grenades than Arma 2, so far as I could tell :(

No, but the animation looked a little cooler. :yay:

This isn't something for ACE or any other modder to tackle, but BIS.

IMO grenades should be an "equipable" weapon just like anything else (and every other game). A good concept that covers almost everything, is simple and funcional is AA3 system:

z5np_E_WZWA

Open hand = throw grenade

Closed hand = lob/overthrown

Grenades also can be cooked

The back to wall type of thrown is something that I only saw at RO2 with it's cover system.

Don't forget Smookie! Though of course that's not happening this time around since BI isn't implementing back-to-wall "sticky cover".

Hi, on the ArmA i've never used the nades because they're useless, you can't throw 'em by a corner, close behind a wall, control the force that you give to the nade or anything.

There should be a way to aim well the throwing, like a calculated trajectory... better (IMO) than a mark for the impact point, or... a combination of the two; also... should be a way (an easyer, fast and intuitive one) of how to throw it cooked or not, rolling by the ground... direct throw like a stone on a riot or a baseball ball... and above objects with the most parabolic fly of all the methods. The direct throw (like on a riot) should be the main option and then from this possition you should be able to choose any of the other options, and then... once you've choose how you gonna throw it... choose with what force you gonna do it; shouldn't be "that hard" of implement in a better way that makes 'em be the usefull resource that the real grenades are. Let's C ya

There was something that might be what you're looking for in a VBS video...If I can find it I'll post it

EDIT:

round the 1min mark, maybe they could expand on it? Edited by Slatts

i like the way its done by dsly

i think the moving ball from vbs is more percise than the 3 ball variant

its looking natual and realistic because you can thew a granade close pretty percise

the arc with the arrow is natural but maybe dont match into the game

maybe we can use the ball only its enoth display if its eg hit the wall