Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- DISCUSSION

Well, if they want to make different sets of NVGs, they better simulate them differently as well... Battery life, weight, etc etc...

Hmmm... what'll make the difference ultimately to me there would be if BI could actually edit the field of view accordingly! If not, then I'd be comfortable with having one (on BLUFOR side) set of NVGs.

Well, the thing I'd be most interested in would be the combination of regular NVGs and thermal vision that the PSQ-20 has, with only things over a certain temperature showing up as thermal images. I don't think battery life is that important. I mean, those batteries tend to be good for around 20 hours, and personally I can't say that I play more than 20 hours at a time. And isn't there weight for them already?

To my knowledge all items in the game world have an assigned weight, so yes whichever NVGs are in Arma 3 would have an item weight anyway. Looks to me though like the current thermal imaging, if the vehicular RCWS monitor is anything to go by, will remain akin to how it was in Arma 2: OA.

Well, since it seems to be quite delayed, one could hope for some improvements. Also, it's been quite a while since they last gave us any pictures/films of it. Either way, it's in the wish thread.

Depends on what you mean by improvements, but as of Gamescom the NVG implementation seemed more less like it did back in Arma 2... which to me suggests that BI's development priorities are in a different direction, though I'm okay with that.

I was really serious with my suggestion:for example you torture a soldier until he tells where a target is ,then it gets added to the map as marker ... imagine a team coming to rescue hi,with all the possibilities the map offeres (scuba diving,enterable buildings,small UAVs ..) ... this can create many SP missions scenarios and situations ! this could be a complement to the surrendering module !

I was really serious with my suggestion:for example you torture a soldier until he tells where a target is ,then it gets added to the map as marker ... imagine a team coming to rescue hi,with all the possibilities the map offeres (scuba diving,enterable buildings,small UAVs ..) ... this can create many SP missions scenarios and situations ! this could be a complement to the surrendering module !

Pfff, that would be just ridiculous and shameful to integrate this in the vanilla game. Then, mission makers are free to do what they want.

Edited by ProfTournesol

That is just so morally reprehensible that I don't know where to begin. What about adding children then? You know, the civilians might know something, and maybe they kept shtum about it when you tortured them, but if there are kids you could put a gun to their head and shoot if the civilians don't say anything. It at least sounds like it's in the sphere of possibilities you'd like to see.

Pfff, that would be just ridiculous and shameful to integrate this in the vanilla game. Then, mission makers are free to do what they want.

In what way ? no one is giving arguments ...

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

"Add possibility to kidnap and torture soldiers !"

Please read before making wrong statements !

Go away troll.

EPIC fail !

Not agreeing with something doesn't give you the right the attack the person (in a civilized discussion) ... if you fail at discussing something ,you shut up !

Besides ,this is just a game ... don't get too horny about it

EPIC fail !

Not agreeing with something doesn't give you the right the attack the person (in a civilized discussion) ... if you fail at discussing something ,you shut up !

Besides ,this is just a game ... don't get too horny about it

Well, if you don't understand why one can be shocked about what you said, there's nothing more to add.

If you're seeking a realistic game,this is the way to go ... each aspect of warfare should be included ... nothing shocking about it !

So rape and genocide should also be included? You're just disgusting, nothing more to it.

People, let's not resort to namecalling here. As far as the idea goes, firstly it's against the Geneva conventions, and the two major armies featured in Arma 3 are both regular militaries and signatories of the Convention, so the only people who'd really have the right to do that are deniable black ops operatives ie. not somebody we'll be playing much. Secondly, it's impractical to implement.

It's a suggestion lads, get over it

However I think it should be either an addon or made by a mission maker and put into the game

And I rather doubt even they would do it (they don't have a right to it), because it is a concept of gaining information that is proven to be ineffective, not that that seems to enough to stop certain persons from drooling at the thought of cutting someone's nose off.

So no thank you. If for no other obvious reason, then because it'd raise the age limit for the game and create a controversy about it that would hurt the game and lead to fewer players.

It's a suggestion lads, get over it

However I think it should be either an addon or made by a mission maker and put into the game

Hehe, you deserve your avatar once again;), but you're right, as usual.

Hehe, you deserve your avatar once again;), but you're right, as usual.

Oh you :rolleyes: stop making me blush :blush:

People, let's not resort to namecalling here. As far as the idea goes, firstly it's against the Geneva conventions, and the two major armies featured in Arma 3 are both regular militaries and signatories of the Convention, so the only people who'd really have the right to do that are deniable black ops operatives ie. not somebody we'll be playing much. Secondly, it's impractical to implement.
I actually remember BI (Dan Musil?) citing Geneva conventions as a reason that "uniform stealing" had become campaign-only!

Considering that the old (2011) "weapon customization" still image had a TRG-21 with collimator, night-vision, magnified/collimator (over/under) and sniper optics... should I guess then that weapons generally won't be limited in their optics choices? Zero Dark Thirty (I watched it some hours ago!) had one of the participating troops on overwatch with what seemed to be a 10-inch barrel suppressed carbine with long-range optic and bipod...

Command & Conquer PvP or PvC

-Find ore

-Harvest ore for money to create buildings and Vehicles

-Fight for ore deposit

-Steal money from opposing Bases

Seriously? What's next, construct silos?