7 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Where is the mission for single player, I really dont care for MP anymore since MPs mowadays is mostly abut to ruin the game for other players either by strage behavior (for a military themed game) or by difficulty settings (either aracade or ridiculously difficult) What im missing for quite a while in A3 is the capability of procedurally generated missions for Single Player just like A2 had.

The editor does not really work for yourself if you know whats going to happen.

Unfortunately, Combat Patrol doesn't support AI squad mates, so it basically not playable in sp.

2 hours ago, R3vo said:

Unfortunately, Combat Patrol doesn't support AI squad mates, so it basically not playable in sp.

Setting disableAI to 0 in description.ext works for me......

• Like 2

Where is there a general explanation of how the COMBAT PATROL modules work?

Can we have a base start and depart from there to the objective?

Its possible to change the ennemy faction i try to change this in the description.ext  "$STR_A3_cfgfactionclasses_opf_f0"

I change the "opf_f" with a custom faction class name and in the mission parameter there is a blank choice after game start the ennemy faction are CSAT, can we find any documentation on this gamemode ?

7 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Setting disableAI to 0 in description.ext works for me......

Last time I checked I got an error when I was teleportet to the AO with me AI team mates It seems to work now with AI units, don't know what went wrong the last time I tried it.

7 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Where is there a general explanation of how the COMBAT PATROL modules work?

Can we have a base start and depart from there to the objective?

The modules have a ingame description.

• Like 1

I created a quick combat patrol mission.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953084246

Patrol is not started via a flag post, it features a small base + arsenal.

It works in single player and hosted, both with AI. Not tested on dedicated.

If you want to see how the modules work, just unpack it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

I created a quick combat patrol mission.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=953084246

Patrol is not started via a flag post, it features a small base + arsenal.

It works in single player and hosted, both with AI. Not tested on dedicated.

If you want to see how the modules work, just unpack it.

Thanks for taking the time in creating and sharing :happy:

• Like 3

Again...love the idea, great fun to play. I guess more stuff like insertion by helicopter and/or more objectives will be added later on but what should be added as fast as possible are more faction options...this is something that is really missing. Please add CSAT Pacific, Syndicate and FIA OPFOR for the Red and Nato Pacific and CTRG for the Blue Side :)

cheers 

• Like 3

@loopdk

You can find steam mp missions in your docs folder near where you save your edited missions.  Forget the exact folder name but it's self evident.

17 hours ago, R3vo said:

The modules have a ingame description.

Yes, they do, but descriptions are not thorough enough for me to grasp the intent and one of them is downright cryptic.

• Azimuth blacklist...I think those are arcs from the location of the module but exactly what the module does and why to use it is not clear.  To enforce players egress route or ai attackers ingress route, maybe?
  • Init... Simple enough, this sets the whole thing in motion.
  • Location add... What is the point of this module?  Every shack on a terrain seems to be added as a possible objective. The entry in the location name field is rather cryptic (E.g.:STR_A3_combatpatrol_location_1).  Location size probably has something to do with the amount of resistance that will be met.
  • Location remove... Simple enough, just a blacklist marker to avoid that lone fishing shack on some lonely rock.
  • Location reposition... What???  Moves the nearest location within 1000m to the modules position.  Sorry, I just don't get what that is supposed to mean.

Following up...  Ok, Location reposition would be used to move the concentration of forces from the map town location which is anchored by the "name" of the town.  This location may not be the geographic or desired center of action, so, move things a bit.

8 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

• Azimuth blacklist...I think those are arcs from the location of the module but exactly what the module does and why to use it is not clear.  To enforce players egress route or ai attackers ingress route, maybe

It's actually well explained. You define and area by a starting angle and ending angle. This area won't be used for extration, insertion or spawning reinforcements.

Example: [90,270]: Means, and area from 90 degrees up to 270 degress with a range of 1000m from the nearest location is blacklisted.

• Location add... What is the point of this module?  Every shack on a terrain seems to be added as a possible objective. The entry in the location name field is rather cryptic (E.g.:STR_A3_combatpatrol_location_1).  Location size probably has something to do with the amount of resistance that will be met.

STR_A3_combatpatrol_location_1 is simply a localised string. You can name the location here, e.g, Small Habour etc.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm hat the countdown for the location selection is influenced by the timeMultiplier?

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm hat the countdown for the location selection is influenced by the timeMultiplier?

Yes. And any timer like duration before your mission fails (officer's escape)

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Here is a little COMBAT PATROL mission in Takistan. CUP mods mandatory! All units are CUP, even target officer.

Any little tips for enabling/implementing alternative factions....... 

13 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Copy the content of CP_init into a custom file and search for the part where the factions are defined by config. Replace that part with your own config definitions.

I am currently working on that too. I'll provide an example when I find the time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

As R3vo said, just replaced the variables BIS_CP_enemyGrp_sentry, BIS_CP_enemyGrp_rifleSquad, BIS_CP_enemyVeh_UAV_big ... from CP_init. You need also to change the officer + 2 sentry units, and also the trucks in the objectives files (see functions_f_patrol.pbo).

The bad thing for such map comes from some  immediate destruction of laptop (mission frequently completed at once) and some reinforcements searching for roads segments with difficulty (error message).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

As R3vo said, just replaced the variables BIS_CP_enemyGrp_sentry, BIS_CP_enemyGrp_rifleSquad, BIS_CP_enemyVeh_UAV_big ... from CP_init. You need also to change the officer + 2 sentry units, and also the trucks in the objectives files (see functions_f_patrol.pbo).

The bad thing for such map comes from some  immediate destruction of laptop (mission frequently completed at once) and some reinforcements searching for roads segments with difficulty (error message).

Two more variables which allow for customisation:

if (isMultiplayer) then {BIS_CP_votingTimer = 15} else {BIS_CP_votingTimer = 0};//Defines the voting timer, set to 0 when in singleplayer
_tanoaCamo = true;//True: Units have jungle camouflage, false: Standard camou.

Don't know why this would be hardcoded inside the function. Could be a simple mission parameter.

Edit:@pierremgi

Have you figured out how to make the timer independent of the timemultiplier? I tried to replace dayTime with time, but that didn't work. Haven checked further.

• Like 1

Looks like there's no setting to prevent the insertion/teleportation at the AO? Anyone to confirm this?

Anyway if this is the case here's a quick script to cancel it (players have to start on foot) :

0 = (getPosATL player) spawn { 
 waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_finalInsertionPosArr}}; 
 BIS_finalInsertionPosArr = _this; sleep 5; player setPosATL _this;
};

Now you can do your custom insertions. ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Looks like there's no setting to prevent the insertion/teleportation at the AO? Anyone to confirm this?

Anyway if this is the case here's a quick script to cancel it (players have to start on foot) :

};

Sweet! Guess that goes in the initplayerlocal.sqf?

I spawned it from a trigger but yes, initplayerlocal should do the trick too.

4 minutes ago, haleks said:

I spawned it from a trigger but yes, initplayerlocal should do the trick too.

Yes, but it doesn't work with AI, needs some tweaks first.

5 hours ago, R3vo said:

pierremgi

Have you figured out how to make the timer independent of the timemultiplier? I tried to replace dayTime with time, but that didn't work. Haven checked further.

Yes, you must wait before accelerate the time,in initServer.sqf:

[] spawn {
  waitUntil {time > 10};
  waituntil {!visibleMap};
  MGISTART = true;
  if (isServer && isMultiplayer) then {
    _timeaccelerator = "Time_accelerator" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue;
    setTimeMultiplier _timeaccelerator
  };
  if (!isMultiplayer) then {
    setTimeMultiplier 12
    };
};

4 hours ago, haleks said:

};

BIS_finalInsertionPosArr is an array of all positions for playable units..Your script works because BIs_finalInsertionArr = _this is useless.  You may experience some failure because the Sleep 5 is sometimes too short. I set to 10 in my init field for units.

• Like 1