10 hours ago, csk222 said:

This didn't work for me, it wasn't accepted at all in the init field of a unit.

The following DID work in the init field of a unit in the editor and on a dedicated server.

NOTE: There was a little delay where you actually see the player spawn near the AO but then teleported to the desired "base" location. Maybe if there was like a fade in from black to hide that would be ideal. I didn't want to lower the "sleep 5;" line as to not mess with what was working.

0 = (getPosATL P1) spawn {  
 waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_finalInsertionPosArr}};  
 BIS_finalInsertionPosArr = _this; sleep 5; P1 setPosATL _this; 
};

In Other News / Inquiry:

Has anyone figured out how to play more than one AO in a single session(i.e. exfiltrate  and have it regenerate a new AO)? It would be cool if we could choose the initial location at mission start, lets say a destroy comms objective (or whatever was chosen in the parameters) and then it would auto generate one of the other 2 remaining objectives in a random nearby location or even the next town over. Rinse and repeat for the last objective. So it would be something like: Destroy Comms > Kill HVT > Destroy Vehicles or Destroy Comms > Destroy Vehicles > Kill HVT. Just asking!

I definitely like Combat Patrol, now I want it to be more configurable (in a convenient way).

The first one does work though :) did you name the player P1? I mean i run it on my dedi now and everyone's happy!

Some Feedback and Suggestions

• Add proper voice clips for each faction. Greek, French, Chinese, Persian, ect. For future changes when we can select factions.
  • Maybe tweak the extraction a bit? Or expand the zone? We literally had to team kill one player who wouldn't just move 10m to get into the zone.
  • Add the abandoned base in Malden to the selection, seems such a waste of a good mission spot. 
  • Maybe dynamic out how missions are played based on area? Smallerr villages = more insurgent, outpost, ect. Cities = Headquarters, vehicle depots, airfields.

Does anyone have a method to be able to attach an explosive charge/satchel to the laptop? If you try to put a charge now, it will be placed on the floor and it doesn't destroy/damage the laptop.

29 minutes ago, csk222 said:

Does anyone have a method to be able to attach an explosive charge/satchel to the laptop? If you try to put a charge now, it will be placed on the floor and it doesn't destroy/damage the laptop.

Just shoot it Oo No need to go overkill.

8 hours ago, R3vo said:

Just shoot it Oo No need to go overkill.

Just call in a 15 minute MLRS barrage instead.

Using common sense is no fun.

:yay:

Cheers

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Just call in a 15 minute MLRS barrage instead.

Using common sense is no fun.

:yay:

Cheers

Yeah! In Arma it's easier to call for a MLRS barrage than pick the laptop and throw it on ground to break it.

• Like 1

Really like this, finally a mission for some vanilla coop instant action. Are there plans to add AI to the squad for singleplayer or to fill up in coop?

I don't know that anything is preventing us from adding AI squadmates in the editor. I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, lawndartleo said:

I don't know that anything is preventing us from adding AI squadmates in the editor. I could be wrong.

That's right. There are several scenarios in the Workshop which support single player and AI. Tips for creating your own scenario were posted in this very thread.

On 09/07/2017 at 0:39 PM, DusterBuster said:

Really like this, finally a mission for some vanilla coop instant action. Are there plans to add AI to the squad for singleplayer or to fill up in coop?

On 09/07/2017 at 4:50 PM, lawndartleo said:

Just some little parameters and a review of the main script. The reason why I rewrote an init.sqf instead of the init module (> trash).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954897695

I just added 11 parameters to make something fun for SP/MP in Takistan.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been discussed, but one thing that myself and others have mentioned that would be very useful is to have an option to have a static start point for the mission, potentially as a parameter. Other post here: 

I'm posting here in hopes one of the developers sees this. Basically if we were able to make a static starting point we'd be able to place players within a base with other squadmates/vehicles/ammo/arsenal. As well it'd be nice as we could populate the map with other patrols, mines, etc. without the worry of players spawning in those areas. Would hopefully be a simple thing to implement and would give map makers a lot more flexibility to incorporate Combat Patrol modules.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Lukeocyte said:

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been discussed, but one thing that myself and others have mentioned that would be very useful is to have an option to have a static start point for the mission, potentially as a parameter. Other post here: 

I'm posting here in hopes one of the developers sees this. Basically if we were able to make a static starting point we'd be able to place players within a base with other squadmates/vehicles/ammo/arsenal. As well it'd be nice as we could populate the map with other patrols, mines, etc. without the worry of players spawning in those areas. Would hopefully be a simple thing to implement and would give map makers a lot more flexibility to incorporate Combat Patrol modules.

Thanks!

It's easy. Already done with parameters. Follow link above.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shadow69th said:

Combat patrols 4 release date ?

dont ask for updates. it is agains rules

19 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

dont ask for updates. it is agains rules

8 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

What's Combat patrol 4?

Are you referring to Patrol Ops 4?  Different thread.

Sorry, mb :)

How do you access the CP code for taks/AI spawning etc? All I can see in the folder is desc/mission/init. 

Hi,

Has BI officially abandoned Combat Patrol game mode? Or can we still hope for improvements, updates form the devs?

(Sorry if I missed some info)

Thanks

On 6/26/2018 at 6:53 PM, tuskohopkins said:

Hi,

Has BI officially abandoned Combat Patrol game mode? Or can we still hope for improvements, updates form the devs?

(Sorry if I missed some info)

Thanks

It wasn't clear on the intention for it for awhile,

but if you download Argo, you'll see that development continued over there.

I wouldn't say BIS has abandoned it, since Argo is theirs too. But probably development of CP within the ArmA 3 title has finished