This mission is pretty cool. I like the options and approach. This seriously could be a go to mission that people keep playing  over and over. As such there are a few things i'd suggest/ comment on

1. Player should spawn back at a FOB or other kind of base. Spawning on your dead body just means you keep dying over and over.

2. Give AI more obvious functions in the area. Right now its just like a bunch of ai waiting or walking around for players to engage. Be good to have guards, patrols, roadblocks, convoys going and coming. etc. A sense of narrative to add to the mission. If you have the budget then having radio messages from base  to the player giving updates on events would be epic.

3. It seems like once spotted there is infinte AI spawning. Is this so? thats not fun in any way and actually the opposite of encouraging becuase there is no way to ultimately win other than the very narrow prescriptive goal and this precludes creative/alternative approaches to missions. Rather, AI needs to call in for reinfrocements, etc make it more believable

4. Variety in AI. right now they all seem to be lone guys who home in on the fighting. Be nice to have teams/ mg nests/ etc.

• Like 5

Arma 3 Troubleshooting Report

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please report this on Arma 3 Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com). Thanks to you we may fix the issue faster.

----------------------
Process exit
----------------------
Exit code:           0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Running time:        00:06:53.5662871

----------------------
System information
----------------------
Date:                2016-12-26 10:28:52 / 2016-12-26 17:28:52 +07
Current dir:         G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3
Command line:        "G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe"
CLR version:         4.0.30319.42000
OS Version:          10.0.14393.0 (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.14393.0)
OS 64 bit:           True
Process 64 bit:      False
Culture:             en-US
UI Culture:          en-US

----------------------
Last game report
----------------------
not provided

i am Create combat Patrol on Tanoa map got error here

----------------------
Process exit
----------------------
Exit code:           0xC0000094 - STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
Running time:        00:05:27.0075084

Edited by -XFIRE-

Another quality of life improvement for the mission in public servers would be to implement a system where when majority of the team reaches extraction it ends, or maybe a timer counts down. Sucks having to wait for people when everyone needs to get there.

• Like 3

Spawning random events during the mission.

for example:
- enemy helicopter in the area - spawn a weapon stack with AA launcher and position revealed for the players on the map

- enemy tank in the area - spawn a weapon stack with AT launcher and position revealed for the players on the map

- helicopter deploying enemy troops between the extraction point and the city during the extraction phase

- hold a house/area - intel has to be recovered from a house / some player must be very close for 5-10 minutes (few meter radius) while enemy attacking  

I too like that mission a lot, but what bugs me now:

Why were the official combat patrol servers taken down? I would like to host one by myself, but dev server files aren't available via steamCMD.

Probably update will come soon.

Combat Patrol stick the team together. Many times happened that we worked together with completely strangers.

I would love to see more variety of tasks and goals - now we have only the zero casualties.

so this is only on dev branch because it's not meant for wide spread public consumption, right? not because it uses features that aren't on stable, right?

i'm jsut wondering if i can play this on stable, if i get it from the samples.

15 hours ago, bad benson said:

so this is only on dev branch because it's not meant for wide spread public consumption, right? not because it uses features that aren't on stable, right?

i'm jsut wondering if i can play this on stable, if i get it from the samples.

Well, the modules and functions are not part of samples (yet) as they are in a rough state. That means running the mission based on samples on the main branch would result in non-functional mission, unless You take even the addons from Dev-Branch containing these.

As for the Combat Patrol servers, we have used the unique opportunity of Winter holidays to have servers running without updates, this would be too harsh to do with updates on daily basis. We are happy for all the feedback on various channels, we are now sorting it and deciding what to improve and how. That means servers may come online in the future for more tests as we would like to know the community opinion on the mod while developing it.

As for the steamCMD issue, we would like to address that ASAP to provide potential for testing the mode on community servers.

• Like 3

Why can't i find any servers hosting this?!  Yes, i am on dev build   :)

EDIT:

Well think i figured it out  :(

" You'll find the scenario once you switch to the Development Branch. It's also hosted on some of our official servers (which you can filter in the Launcher Server Browser) until the end of this year. "

If I am not mistaken anybody can start server hosting Combat Patrol. Correct? In case there is interest I can start a server on this week later and play together.

3 hours ago, eriktrak said:

If I am not mistaken anybody can start server hosting Combat Patrol. Correct? In case there is interest I can start a server on this week later and play together.

You are perfectly right, and even the previous issue with Dev-Branch servers not being visible in Server Browser should be fixed. Enjoy the mode and feel free to provide feedback.

On 15/12/2016 at 10:53 AM, R3vo said:

- Player characters should have their voice removed. Otherwise enemies are constantly called out.

Sure, but it's a big issue of Arma's engine in general:

- units report too much often the same thing (repeated sentences), too many things (friendly units but not in group), one by one enemy units where the "group" report could be fine "I see 3 men, North west, 300 m"

- player's voices can be non persistent when respawn. Especially when scripted by setSpeaker or chosen in editor (different form default);

- hidden and even enabledSimulation   false units are speaking!

- enableSentence and enableRadio should apply to units/group/side instead of global.

Almost all of my friends are using a "voice stop" mod.

Anyone have a YouTube Link for a combat patrol session?

Sent from my A1-860 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Combat Patrol sessions recorded:

Best when AI surrounded us in the house and we tried to escape without much success.

• Like 3

Played with about 4 friends on a server I hosted yesterday and we had a blast.

Some of the more simple/easy things I'd like altered:

1. Perhaps give us finer control of enemy numbers.  Maybe even just a multiplier of some kind so we could lower/raise the challenge to what we like.
  2. Just a little bit of variety of objective so we aren't looking for the exact same fuel/ammo truck each time.
  3. Make extraction further away, maybe a couple kilometers, but throw in just a few enemies or a reinforcement truck or something to keep us on our toes instead of just holding W.
  4. This one might be a stretch but is there any way to make the missions not be in cities, but perhaps give us some stuff to do in some forests or plains?  Perhaps make it an option?
  5. It seemed that after a bit of fighting we killed all the AI.  4 or 5 of us totaled up about 90+ kills in the city and after that we were basically freely roaming around the town looking for the 2nd truck.  Do the AI stop spawning?  Maybe a few more spawned once we left the city limits for extraction and we heard a few snaps behind us.

Really in the end I'd love to have all the files to play with to make custom loadouts from factions from RHS or something, just so its not always the same kits.  Either way, had a blast playing the mission, I really hope you guys continue to develop it further or at the least let us pick up where you left off if you decide not to.

• Like 2

Perhaps some missions could have a couple of civilian vehicles to make extraction quicker.

Combat Patrol sessions recorded:

Best when AI surrounded us in the house and we tried to escape without much success.

Thanks. How is mission setup? Briefing? Parameters and options? Combat is cool but interested in the whole experience of combat patrol.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my A1-860 using Tapatalk

Played only on the official servers and Combat Patrol is somewhat a quick game mode without briefing or weapon selection. Reminds me the End Game however much slower pace and fight against the AI only.

Just tested and Combat Patrol working on dev branch. So we can test it anytime if somebody interested

Love the idea of instant combat mission. I just solo tested it (in MP mode) and here are my suggestion:

* allow to set enemy numbers scale

* allow to set enemy faction

* some way of customizing gear Arsenal

* alternatively a downtime where players are moved to a base

HI, I have a simple Zeus enabled version and a few slots added. Host to friends and help test Combat Patrol. I hope my additions don't brake to many things. Feel free to edit and add to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859307036

created on build 1.69.140280

Works on 64 Bit DEV build only. You need APEX dlc for this mission. If required I could do a vanilla Atlis

edit:-  Altis - vanilla

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860287156

yea what i was thinking could work well for prototyping would be releasing it as a workshop mod like has been done with that BIS smg. that way everyone could get the modules, which afaik is the thing that makes it stuck on dev. and then the team working on it could basically do very frequent updates based on immediate feedback.

i would love that. hell do more game modes in the future liek that. i would totally be down with testing and giving feedback more. i always feel that right now the feedback takes such a long route and the iterations are tied to dev branch updates. feels it could be way more direct and faster and more effective.

• Like 2