zeealex

Zee - M107 - announcement

yeah, keen eye Shady! :D

in case you haven't caught it on the RHS thread:m24_sws_by_zeealex-da3e9pc.jpg

She just needs some camo!

This one might get a ghillie version, but no promises, its vert count is a lot lower than expected so I can expend a lot of polies on some nice burlap strips :)

oh and a MARS/MIRS version will also be available ;)

And here I was gonna mention the Mars rail.

Great stuff Zee! Please share renders of tangent theta when you get to that stage ;)

Yeah i thought it was as soon as i saw it. will be nice to see a high quality M24 in game rather then a re textured port. it will be a great addition im really buzzing to see it  :)  Will it come with its own accessories -suppressor and bi pod-  or use ones that are already done? Another question i was using your M107 and noticed the max zero was only 1000 on the MK4 and M8541a scopes is that the config in your rifle or should i ask on RHS? thanks    

The gun looks really awesome!

But isn't that a USMC Scope on a US Army Sniper System? 

It is-that was answered on the HR  RHSD thread for all you keen eyed scope enthusiasts. i believe it is  because Zee put in such great work on that scope that it is only right that she get to show it off a bit :)  And I have no problem with that either-it is a very fancy scope

the army wishes it had that scope :)

• Like 2

and since Zee mentioned it... i ll throw down some more Canadian Scope Goodness

525-Description_zpse35ru530.png

RIFLE TELESCOPES FOR PROFESSIONAL MARKSMEN
5-25x56mm Model TT525P

Tangent Theta 5-25x56mm model TT525P Rifle Telescope is an extreme-range precision sighting instrument for professional marksmen. Designed for heavy field use, Tangent Theta’s industry-leading development team has used their extensive experience to optimize and refine it for unfailing ruggedness, mechanical precision and unsurpassed image quality. Elevation and windage mechanisms exhibit precise tactile response and feature a truly tool-less re-zero procedure.

Tangent Theta rifle telescopes are built in Canada and are specifically designed and function-tested for long lifecycles in the harshest of environmental conditions

1. 56mm objective lens
  2. 34mm main tube
  3. eleven reticle illumination settings
  4. side parallax adjustment
  5. tool-less re-zero feature (patent pending)
  6. non-translating knobs with elevation zero-stop
  7. double-turn elevation with rev indicator
  8. 5-25x magnification range
  9. lockable rapid adjusting diopter

and for those that don't know.. Tangent Theta bought Premier and as a result warranties all the current Premier Heritage scopes as well as having access to that technology for scope development...

Canada Eh?

It is-that was answered on the HR  RHSD thread for all you keen eyed scope enthusiasts. i believe it is  because Zee put in such great work on that scope that it is only right that she get to show it off a bit :)  And I have no problem with that either-it is a very fancy scope

haha, that was misty having a joke, there were a couple of reasons, firstly, I didn't want to do anything without anyone's permission, the leupold isn't mine and I'd prefer to use my own work were possible to avoid disrespecting people's wishes, secondly, the Leupold would take a lot of fiddling to import it into the renderer, and it didn't have PBR-capable maps, so it would look strange, the premier was on hand, so I popped that on instead, thirdly the m24 looks REALLY weird without a scope so I stuck one on XD

Woodland Camo:

screenshot164_by_zeealex-da3ietr.png

screenshot163_by_zeealex-da3ieti.png

and for those that don't know.. Tangent Theta bought Premier and as a result warranties all the current Premier Heritage scopes as well as having access to that technology for scope development...

Canada Eh?

so THAT's why the premier 5-25x and the Theta look so similar! 

• Like 9

Just out of interest to you RHS'ers has anyone tried the 'special edition' of the M107 yet? it works great on tanoa!

20160612143735_1_by_zeealex-da62nqr.jpg

it's available in the current version, but you gotta use init commands to get it showing. 

• Like 9

Fantastic work  zeealex, these are looking superb.

• Like 1

2) yesterday, when testing the stability of Max 2016, i was able to make an OICW XM29 (1998) which i'd hate to see go to waste:

[..]

A few more tweaks, then I'll be able to complete a LowPoly. 

BLUFOR will be desperately needing that XM29 to counter OPFOR's OICW-equivalent once Apex is released.  :P

• Like 8

Just out of interest to you RHS'ers has anyone tried the 'special edition' of the M107 yet? it works great on tanoa!

it's available in the current version, but you gotta use init commands to get it showing. 

Agreed :D

rGScE0q.jpg

• Like 3

Soooo...  What are the init commands, for those of us who haven't figured them out?

Soooo...  What are the init commands, for those of us who haven't figured them out?

use the class addweapon
"rhs_weap_M107_lc"

Would that be in the init file for a unit or a container?

EDIT:  Never mind, found it.  I may have a new favorite rifle.

Init for the unit:

this addweapon "rhs_weap_M107_lc"

haha, that was misty having a joke, there were a couple of reasons, firstly, I didn't want to do anything without anyone's permission, the leupold isn't mine and I'd prefer to use my own work were possible to avoid disrespecting people's wishes, secondly, the Leupold would take a lot of fiddling to import it into the renderer, and it didn't have PBR-capable maps, so it would look strange, the premier was on hand, so I popped that on instead, thirdly the m24 looks REALLY weird without a scope so I stuck one on XD

Woodland Camo:

screenshot164_by_zeealex-da3ietr.png

screenshot163_by_zeealex-da3ieti.png

so THAT's why the premier 5-25x and the Theta look so similar! 

Really really amazing work. With the current m2010, and now the m24 sws in the works, I have seen people request the m40a series for the Marines as well in previous posts, but would be possible to also have a Tac-300? I would assume the Tac-300 would fit in well as it uses the 700 series action, just as the m40a and m24 which are based on the r700 series but in military standards/terms. I just thought it would be easy just as the m40a and m2010 uses box mags and the current m2010 animations should go well with both m40a and tac-300. Not sure how the m24 sws animations would be though, due to the internal mag instead of a box mag. Just pondering on how it will work, such as firing 3 shots for example, and then reloading. Would you have to reload a cycle of 2 bullets when 3 have been fired or you have to go through a whole animation of reloading 5 individual rounds each time. 

Not entirely sure on the tac 300, I could certainly take a wee gander but I can't promise much in that respect right now, i'd like to get a working version of the M107, DSR and M24 out as soon as possible, with alternate skins and then we can talk expansions from there. 

okay, so the DSR is ingame on a non-standalone config at present, it needs a little bit of work, which i'm gonna look at today, will get back to you guys with screenshots following tweaks

• Like 2

okay, so the DSR is ingame on a non-standalone config at present, it needs a little bit of work, which i'm gonna look at today, will get back to you guys with screenshots following tweaks

Been waiting to hear that :) Nice one Zee-looking forward to some pics.

• Like 1

Looks like another thread to follow. Man the more I hang around the forums the more awesome stuff I find!

• Like 2

do excuse the dicky handanim. The normal map needs reworking, and the muzzle brake needs to be a little bit bigger, but it's starting to shape up. 

20160630155101_1_by_zeealex-da8c1lr.jpg

shout out to VanSchmoozin for his awesome gear pack!

• Like 7

Oh mother of.....
It looks amazing!! Keep it up!

• Like 1

What about suppressors for the M107 and DSR? Don't know if they are used in the real military though but they would be neat in some situations ;).

• Like 1

What about suppressors for the M107 and DSR? Don't know if they are used in the real military though but they would be neat in some situations ;).

Especially for the DSR because its used by so many Police Units and they often use suppressors, because they're using them on short distances which allows them to use Subsonic Ammo.

• Like 2

standalone configs are working:
20160711214221_1_by_zeealex-da9r0cn.jpg

• Like 3

standalone configs are working:

After seeing that screen, I'm starting to regret it  :D

• Like 3