zeealex

Zee - M107 - announcement

you love it really misty :)

oh yeah, Misty's the genius behind getting working so you can direct your love to him :D

we're just gonna get the M24 in, do a wee test and then hopefully we'll be on track for a release soon

• Like 3

you love it really misty :)

oh yeah, Misty's the genius behind getting working so you can direct your love to him :D

we're just gonna get the M24 in, do a wee test and then hopefully we'll be on track for a release soon

Can you maybe say something to the suppressor suggestion?

didn't we already have that discussion a while ago? that's why I've kind of refrained from saying anything, don't wanna keep repeating myself for the sake of repeating myself. 

EDIT: yeah, already confirmed it on page 4, DSR will have a suppressor, I knew i said it somewhere.

didn't we already have that discussion a while ago? that's why I've kind of refrained from saying anything. will dig up. 

Yeah sorry read through the topic and saw it was already discussed. Big sorry!

meh, no worries, i'll put it on the front page so people know and don't have to trawl through the thread for answers :P

God that DSR looks so fancy! You're a miracle worker Zee.Oh-sorry and Misty ;)

• Like 2

haha, haha okay, I've been sat here puzzling myself for ages as to why the M107 is so dull.

apparently the .rvmat wasn't set up right, had a ridiculously low fresnel, so it looked like shit.

I aint even mad!

• Like 2

haha, haha okay, I've been sat here puzzling myself for ages as to why the M107 is so dull.

apparently the .rvmat wasn't set up right, had a ridiculously low fresnel, so it looked like shit.

I aint even mad!

To be honest I never noticed :)

• Like 1

it's been fixed in RHS 0.4.1.1 thanks to Soul_Assassin.

Bossman's always got my back when I fuck up <3 

aaaaanyway, I've reworked that dull old woodland snakeskin camo on the front page in substance painter, and made it much more dramatic and Cowadoody

m107_woodland___scope_view_by_zeealex-da

m107_woodland___back_left_by_zeealex-dabm107_woodland___back_right_by_zeealex-da

hoping to release sometime soon, just trying to iron out some issues. 

• Like 14

I think i just shed a tear. They are beautiful Zee!!!!!!

• Like 1

It looks stunning zee very impressive and also im loving the m24 its a little beauty  :D

• Like 1

It looks stunning zee very impressive and also im loving the m24 its a little beauty  :D

The M24 is very fancy :) I haven't had a chance to go through much of the RHS update-Zee, has your other new rifle been released? The DMR?

Thanks guys! Really appreciate that you like the new look, I'll use this texturing workflow more often I think, it yields less random and out of place results.

The DSR did technically make the RHS GREF release, however it still needs a LOT of work before its put on an opem scope.

For now you can call it in the unit init lines if you want to have a look, I'll give you a class name when I'm home :)

Thanks all!

Zee

• Like 3

For now you can call it in the unit init lines if you want to have a look, I'll give you a class name when I'm home :)

Thanks all!

Zee

That would be great.Thanks Zee :)

DSR classname: rhs_weap_dsr1

Okay guys, I have a question:

I'm stuck for another rifle to do, a couple of guys have given me suggestions and commissions which i'm eager to do, but out of practice presently, and i wanna hear the wider point of view of where next to go with this addon

1) Do I keep this as a sniper pack and focus solely on sniper rifles?
2) if yes, what sniper rifle would you like me to do next? please bear in mind an M40 is already on the cards seeing as it's basically just a simple modification of the M24 stock (this won't be the RHS M40)
3) if no, should i do the ACR, or the SCAR series?

I wanna do rifles that we've not had before in Arma 3, rifles that people want but haven't seen yet and break off from RHS projects a little, so you guys get rifles exclusive to the pack, so please let me know what you think!

if the majority of people answer yes to 1) expect a standalone assault rifle pack too. 

• Like 4

I think what arma needs is some more marksman rifles-not as heavy as a .50 or anything, but strong enough to drop someone from roughly 6-700mtrs. 

Actually you mentioning SCARs made me think of the Mk20-we have never had that in Arma before-we have long barreled SCARs but not with the fancy marksman stock etc.

mk-20-ssr.jpg

Also I believe it has been slightly phased out, but I really like the M110. There are a few Mk12's/Mk11's in game-but none of them really pack the punch one of these rifles should-they do not feel like marksman weapons in game. Although i do like the current RHS one.

M110-A-9.jpg

Regarding ACR vs SCAR-I would go with SCARs

• Like 2

I think there are already enough of the "usual" Guns in Arma 3. I would guess there are hundreds of M4, SCAR or HK416 for Arma already

But i would really like to see something like a wellmade G28, a G36KA4 or some guns in .300blk.

Thanks for the class name will try that shortly  :)

Personally i think your sniper rifles are superb so it would be nice to get more quality rifles in game id like to see a accuracy international awm 338 i know we have toadie2k which are beautiful and brilliant in their own right but they are not in 338 which id like to see.

• Like 1

I would love to see some rifles in .300 win mag personally when talking caliber.

There are a number of 338, 50s and 308s. Isn't the 110 in CUP?

I would love to see a PGW coyote and Timberwolves but having covered the Barrett and m24/40 you are starting to get into custom and less used rifles...

Maybe the venerable h and k psg1 for old times sake lol

Yiiiiss DSG, you good!

O1SgacV.jpg

• Like 3

what am i not doing right ive tried this addweapon rhs_weap_dsr1 in the init but its not working i know its bound to be a simple mistake my end.

Ignore that sorted now 

I would love to see some rifles in .300 win mag personally when talking caliber.

There are a number of 338, 50s and 308s. Isn't the 110 in CUP?

totally agree about the .300 winmag. And yes -there is a m110 in CUP and in Massi's, but they are both just A2 ports.I'd love to see a proper one made with the kind of skill we see Zee exhibit

well as luck would have it I actually need to make an M110 SASS for a game dev, so I can certainly sort that out :)

P.S my work is about 20% skill, and 80% love :P

• Like 2