zeealex

Zee - M107 - announcement

okay screw Saturday, it's virtually done :P

dsr_showcase_by_zeealex-d9y8bp3.jpg

dsr_1_basic_texture_by_zeealex-d9y8bx0.p

screenshot011_by_zeealex-d9y8cdy.png

screenshot012_by_zeealex-d9y8ci4.png

needs a few tweaks on the texture, then its time to break the bad news to misty xD

• Like 16

Is there a second Magazine on the weapon!?!

Reserve?

Thanks.

Yep, built in holder for a spare magazine.

• Like 1

Whats the bad news or is there something I am missing?

I think the bad news is that he has yet another weapon to config.

• Like 2

shomu nailed it :) Misty actually seemed rather excited when I told him so it's all good :)

would you guys like to see camo patterns available for the DSR-1?

• Like 3

A quick Q:Could we get the Silenced version too? M-82.  With explosive ammo? With a Ghile-camo on it? Thanx.

A silencer on the DSR -1?

The textures on those renders are amazing! Both the dsr and the 107

A quick Q:Could we get the Silenced version too? M-82.  With explosive ammo? With a Ghile-camo on it? Thanx.

A silencer on the DSR -1?

unlikely to make an M107 suppressor, as apart from anything it's pretty impractical, but if Misty can config it so it has switchable muzzle attachments then I don't see why not, it's pretty much just a cylinder with a hole in it. 

Ghillie camo, I've been contemplating it, but it may drive up the vert count quite a lot, and generally, M107's aren't ghillied. Explosive ammo, not too sure.

DSR-1 suppressor, yep, can do, was on the list of shit to do anyway. 

@cosmic10r thanks! :D

unlikely to make an M107 suppressor, as apart from anything it's pretty impractical, but if Misty can config it so it has switchable muzzle attachments then I don't see why not, it's pretty much just a cylinder with a hole in it. 

Ghillie camo, I've been contemplating it, but it may drive up the vert count quite a lot, and generally, M107's aren't ghillied. Explosive ammo, not too sure.

DSR-1 suppressor, yep, can do, was on the list of shit to do anyway. 

@cosmic10r thanks! :D

You could always look to do something like this for the shapes of the ghillie, it might be less taxing (I honestly don't know): 8ce7130b07f96bce56fdbb64ae2cf281.jpg

For a "silenced" version, maybe it's worth to consider making an M107A1 variant which has a new muzzle brake compatible with suppressors.

https://barrett.net/firearms/m107a1/

Just a thought... Great job so far Zee  :) Looking forward to it.

aye, been eyeing up the possibility of modifying the present M107 into an M107A1 and also the older 1990's era M107 with the raised rail.

Made a woodland colour scheme for the DSR-1 today... aaaand got a little creative... 

(HIGH RES)

dsr_1_woodland_colour_scheme_by_zeealex-

dsr_1_woodland_colour_scheme___back_by_z

screenshot022_by_zeealex-d9yhhn8.jpg

taking_aim_by_zeealex-d9yheg0.jpg

Special thanks to cunico, the guy was a total sport and gave me perms to release this image into the wild. the Amazing Crye Gen 3 and Mechanix Gloves are his :)

• Like 13

aye, been eyeing up the possibility of modifying the present M107 into an M107A1 and also the older 1990's era M107 with the raised rail.

Made a woodland colour scheme for the DSR-1 today... aaaand got a little creative... 

(HIGH RES)

dsr_1_woodland_colour_scheme_by_zeealex-

dsr_1_woodland_colour_scheme___back_by_z

screenshot022_by_zeealex-d9yhhn8.jpg

Special thanks to cunico, the guy was a total sport and gave me perms to release this image into the wild. the Amazing Crye Gen 3 and Mechanix Gloves are his :)

take-my-money.gif

• Like 5

Here is a rather stupid idea;Could we get Paitball ammo for these?  You for the nerds,or simply the warsimmers.....

I would like a B.o.r.s.-optic for this-a laser range finder+a ballistics computer all in one.

A Tent+a small camo-net in front of the muzzle ,would make a great way to mask a shot.If the material of the cloth is non-see throug

What uniform mod is that? Mechanix gloves looks nice

Here is a rather stupid idea;Could we get Paitball ammo for these?  You for the nerds,or simply the warsimmers.....

I would like a B.o.r.s.-optic for this-a laser range finder+a ballistics computer all in one.

A Tent+a small camo-net in front of the muzzle ,would make a great way to mask a shot.If the material of the cloth is non-see throug

You sure do love your requests, huh? M107's aren't normally ghillied, because when you shoot one of these things, every bit of dirt or dust to either side of you gets kicked up in a big cloud. Bushes don't generally make a huge bang and a dust storm in nature. People seem to have been playing way too much Battlefield, with their high explosive ammo, silenced, ghillied M107 with Ballistic computer scope. I can't wait till the M107 is actually in game and you finally get to understand the weight of the thing.

Itf, the Uniform is the Crye G3's Cunico is working on for his Spec4gear mod. 

Just saw this post, glad to see you're releasing this bad piece as a standalone, you did a ton of hard work on it and I'm glad I could be a part of it!

As for the reference for the Premier optic, our DM team has the same setup on our SASR (Which has already been answered but wanted to solidify it).

Thanks for letting me be a part of this!  The guys are blown away by it!

• Like 3

Here is a rather stupid idea;Could we get Paitball ammo for these? You for the nerds,or simply the warsimmers.....

Sorry dude, but I'm not doing paintball ammo, and I've already explained why I'm fence sitting on a ghillie.

I would need someone to script the BORS to work, otherwise it would just be a prop.

@itf war_Lord nailed it, it's from cunico's spec 4 gear :) cunico was very nice and allowed me to use the models for the render :)

@wilco, I'm glad you could be a part of it too, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere close without you and your DM team! I really appreciate your help and theirs, hats off to y'all :) keep kicking ass out there

@getbuck, put your money away homie, free mod be free :)

• Like 2

Explosive ammo, not too sure.

I'm not sure what "explosive ammo" actually is, but if you have interest, Zee, perhaps the compromise is an API round.  Still has the punch of the AP round, but also is laced with an incendiary that detonates/catches fire.  One problem with shooting API through the Barrett is that it kills the barrel pretty quick, but hey, it's a game, so who's paying for new barrels, right?

Also, I'm assuming you're making this Joint Rails compatible?  Being able to put an Eotech or Short Dot on this would allow someone to set up a VBSS scenario super easy in the editor.  You just have to put a unit with this gun in a FFV slot in a helicopter and done.

Regardless of the above, it all looks fantastic.

Raufoss rounds are legit, but somehow I think he's talking about literal frag rounds.

Okay, thanks for that info Wilco! :D 

Okay so If i do manage to get someone on board who can configure ammo, would you like some visual pointer as to what ammo you are using? so say like, green tape around the mag for Raufoss Mk211 and so on? it may break immersion a little but i think it would be a nice visual touch. 

what say you?

Doesn't sound like a half-bad idea, wouldn't hurt to give people some visual "confirmation" as to what round type they are shooting.  I'm thinking maybe OD 100mph tape at the bottom of the mag would work.

• Like 1