On 11/20/2019 at 10:25 AM, reyhard said:

I guess I should record that video on some non VR world because from what I've seen, transparency/blur is more visible on regular terrains. Nevertheless, I've tried to increase blur for the inner part of the hole to make it slightly bigger but now I got feeling its bit too much. I pushed it to svn anyway so people can test it so we will see how feedback goes.

I guess in my infinite ignorance I did not really understand what was going on here.  I cannot believe what a little blur can do.  I think it works really well.  It is very nice not to loose ones target.... Behind your own sight.  Maybe something that can be applied to more rifles with large rear(AR flip sites, VHS iron sites, etc?).   Either way, nice work! 

What RHS really needs is a way to accidentally line up on one of the side verticals of the front sites and a crazy multi button toggle selector to switch between left post guard, right post guard and center post.  🙂   Er... Nvm. 

----------------------------

5.0 is nice, nice tweaks, love the M-ATV, love the A29 and all!  Thanks for the early holiday gift.   Much appreciation!

5 hours ago, PuFu said:

the same way all other weapons in rhs are folded. check your rhs keybinds in rhs menu

Hi, may I ask, do the folded RHS weapons have higher Recoil than the unfolded ones?

Also could you tell me whether or not the AN/AAQ-24(V) DIRCM on Apache will jam missiles from other mods?

Edited by HBAOplus
add info
  • Like 1

Hi, I'd just like to say I really like the new Garand sight, thanks for implementing it! What are the odds of this technique being applied to other ironsights that have tiny peepholes? Some of the M4 variants come to mind for example.

Also, how exactly does it work? Because I imagine other mod creators might like applying it to their own guns.

I was just testing the Super Tucano, it seems like a very nice aircraft, however, I do have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know if/how the pilot can control/move the targeting pod camera? Also, is there a daytime camera for the targeting pod for the pilot?

I thought only apkws is suppose to be with white rocket pod.( I might be wrong though)

Also why is gbu-12 has white mk82? Isn't supposed to be Navy's coloration?

But thank you very much for the update.

After playing Jester's aircraft in the stable release(i didn't play dev bench) i want to tell you all and the Jester thank you very much. You don't know how much i got excited last night in front of people upon seeing the comment about the update (the statement about contents)! The fun doubled with M-ATV, which i have been waiting for all those years though Super has been my main wanting content for Arma 3(we need COIN plane more than anything else in the game arma). I jump around and shout out stuffs in the midnight (neighbor in the room in front of me hate me so much loll)! You guys done a very good job in these contents, nothing to point out from me. The things are flawless!  

Edited by Bukain
Happy

21 hours ago, PuFu said:

the same way all other weapons in rhs are folded. check your rhs keybinds in rhs menu

I'd honestly not known that was was thing until seeing this version's log. How long has this been a thing?

And out of sheer curiosity, what other weapons have this capability? Really interested to test the differences (but really don't want to go through the entire arsenal of weapons to see, heh).

17 hours ago, stburr91 said:

Does anyone know if/how the pilot can control/move the targeting pod camera? Also, is there a daytime camera for the targeting pod for the pilot?

There is already daytime BW & TI camera. When operating when AI, best is to use "Target" menu in command tab.

Here is my bit older playtest on modified showcase fixed wings mission - you can see how effective AI WSO is 😉

20 hours ago, HBAOplus said:

Hi, may I ask, do the folded RHS weapons have higher Recoil than the unfolded ones?

Also could you tell me whether or not the AN/AAQ-24(V) DIRCM on Apache will jam missiles from other mods?

Yes, they have higher recoil & yes, they will affect other missiles too

19 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

Hi, I'd just like to say I really like the new Garand sight, thanks for implementing it! What are the odds of this technique being applied to other ironsights that have tiny peepholes? Some of the M4 variants come to mind for example.

Also, how exactly does it work? Because I imagine other mod creators might like applying it to their own guns.

There is a script which is checking when player is ADS mode. When that happens, one of the fake hidden muzzles is animated and model is changed. It could be definitely used on some other weapons but I wanted to test first how it works on single gun and make sure there are no MP/performance issue there.

3 hours ago, shadeops21 said:

I'd honestly not known that was was thing until seeing this version's log. How long has this been a thing?

And out of sheer curiosity, what other weapons have this capability? Really interested to test the differences (but really don't want to go through the entire arsenal of weapons to see, heh).

Since first release I think? It was mainly introduced to hide folded variants of AK74M which were flooding the virtual arsenal. Most of the weapons with folding stocks can do that but keep in mind that some of the weapons cannot be folded when optics is attached since stock would otherwise collide. You can also fold some of the SMGs (PP-2000) into folded state which fits pistol slot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, shadeops21 said:

It has been long time. You can customize the keybinds for yourself in "RHS-GAME OPTIONS" . You can find it in ingame pause menu.

Many AK has it. As of my knowledge all AK variants in the rhsafrf except stocked akm and ak74 has the feature. And the scar. Maybe there are more though.

And you can do that in some Serbian AK too.

the A 29 Super Tucano is a stunning work, very usable asset for all mission makers. a fresh idea for the guys of Jet DLC (at6 texan? Pucarà?) should be in vanilla game. Plus the radio chatting in all RHS aircraft not annoying and give a lot of immersion. Thumbs up for the achievement.

Ps : suggestion : remove the equadorian  lettering and become usable for the AAF 

37392D6C283046E3B7A49D0900C404A622F76C73

• Like 1

Does anyone else have a problem with SAF Opfor units in dedicated server?
When I place them in a mission, they come out naked in dedicated server 🙂 I cannot find them also in Zeus. Is this a bug to report or something wrong in my end?

http://prntscr.com/q0kmaz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bukain said:

I thought only apkws is suppose to be with white rocket pod.( I might be wrong though)

Also why is gbu-12 has white mk82? Isn't supposed to be Navy's coloration?

AFAIK new production LAU-131 pods have been grey for a while but a lot of them in use are older, so are still green. The AKPWS pod is an extended version called LAU-131A/A, so naturally they all come in grey because they are new

The green pod is available but fires FFAR rockets instead of Hydra (only difference is the rocket models). So the different colours of the pods now indicates to some degree what kind of HE rocket is carried.

GBU-12 has the Navy style thermal coating because the model we were provided was that way; having originally been developed for a US Naval aircraft addon. I did ask for someone with access to the source substance painter file to alter it to the regular Mk82 casing, but honestly there are better things to do whether Arma related or not.

5 hours ago, shadeops21 said:

And out of sheer curiosity, what other weapons have this capability?

Off the top of my head:

USAF: Mk17 and M249 Para

AFRF: PP-2000 and just about every AK that hasn't got a wooden stock, the Zenitco PT-3 stock, or a GP-25

SAF: SCAR 17, M70AB2, M92, M21A/M21S and Minimi Para

GREF: Vz61 and Vz58V

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does the Super Tucano WSO camera have any ground stabilization in any mode other than 1x magnification?
I noticed when testing that In default camera mode, it starts off with Ground stabilization.  But as soon as I move to the next mode and any further modes with +KEY on Numpad, that I lose any ability to stabilize.
When attempting to do GBU or CBU bombing with self lase (player WSO), it is near impossible to keep on target due to jitters from the aircraft.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, reyhard said:

There is already daytime BW & TI camera. When operating when AI, best is to use "Target" menu in command tab.

Here is my bit older playtest on modified showcase fixed wings mission - you can see how effective AI WSO is 😉

Effective, and AI in this game is an oxymoron, my GBU just hit about a kilometer off target thanks to the AI WSO. 

It's painful to have to use the AI to attempt to target.

God I hate it when perfectly good aircraft are ruined by requiring two human pilots to use, especially considering that only a tiny percentage of the community use aircraft with two human players. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Effective, and AI in this game is an oxymoron, my GBU just hit about a kilometer off target thanks to the AI WSO. 

It's painful to have to use the AI to attempt to target.

God I hate it when perfectly good aircraft are ruined by requiring two human pilots to use, especially considering that only a tiny percentage of the community use aircraft with two human players. 

Pretty sure it was by GBU fault - I noticed that they are drifting pretty far away - could be probably tweaked but I guess it's general bomb gliding issue ( see this ticket for reference http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=5241 ). As I shown on video, AI targeting is very effective. I was playing quite a lot recently with it and didn't have any issue with using GBUs, AGM-114 or DAGRs. Practice some more and I'm sure you will grasp how to use it efficiently 😉

37 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Does the Super Tucano WSO camera have any ground stabilization in any mode other than 1x magnification?
I noticed when testing that In default camera mode, it starts off with Ground stabilization.  But as soon as I move to the next mode and any further modes with +KEY on Numpad, that I lose any ability to stabilize.
When attempting to do GBU or CBU bombing with self lase (player WSO), it is near impossible to keep on target due to jitters from the aircraft.

Only "FREE 1X" mode is without ground stabilization. When you are in 4x mode, try to move mouse a little bit and notice that camera snaps to your view point again.

20 hours ago, dakilla12601 said:

How do i fold the PMP pontoons?

Currently this is not possible, merely memory points and animations were added to support folding. In a future update it will be possible to fold the PMP.

Reyhard,  I will try again, but yesterday I was not seeing ground stabilization on any other magnification than 1xPower.

Performing the action to fold the stock any RHS weapon (tested all with the ability) removes a magazine from the soldiers inventory each time you do it. Eventually you'll be left with none.

Tested using only the four RHS mods (AFRF, USAF, SAF, GREF) and no other mods.

Yes, I know about the issue tracker on the RHS site. Can't get it to load. Someone else try it out and see if you have the same problem, if so, make a ticket.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dallas Medina said:

Performing the action to fold the stock any RHS weapon (tested all with the ability) removes a magazine from the soldiers inventory each time you do it. Eventually you'll be left with none.

Tested using only the four RHS mods (AFRF, USAF, SAF, GREF) and no other mods.

Yes, I know about the issue tracker on the RHS site. Can't get it to load. Someone else try it out and see if you have the same problem, if so, make a ticket.

Are you really not using some mods?

Tested it and it was working on my end. If you still have that issue try loading feedback tracker because I got feeling it will be 10+ post pingpong spam otherwise

8 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Reyhard,  I will try again, but yesterday I was not seeing ground stabilization on any other magnification than 1xPower.

I tried in the moment when I was writing it + before there was report when someone was complaining that there is ground stabilization all the time http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=5361 ;)

• Like 2

How to change type of ammunition for russian tanks? "X" is not working for me anymore...

Because of the autoloader design, you can't unload a round that is loaded, you need to fire it, and then autoloader will load next selected type of ammunition.

Just now, Damian90 said:

Because of the autoloader design, you can't unload a round that is loaded, you need to fire it, and then autoloader will load next selected type of ammunition.

But indicator of ammunition isn't change by pressing "X". Only "Z" is changing auto and manual. 

1 minute ago, Realthinged said:

But indicator of ammunition isn't change by pressing "X". Only "Z" is changing auto and manual. 

I will test it in the moment in the newest build.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Realthinged said:

Ok I tested it and indeed for me there appears to be some problem, however I would wait for others to investigate.

• Thanks 1