Are you using the A3 devbranch?

Oops, sorry. Yes, I meant to add that. Worked fine yesterday, but not today. I understand you guys can't support Dev Branch day to day, I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue so I could go from there.

Oops, sorry. Yes, I meant to add that. Worked fine yesterday, but not today. I understand you guys can't support Dev Branch day to day, I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue so I could go from there.

We've seen that at this point most of RHS assets may provoke CTD when using the A3 dev branch, so unfortunately we recommend to not use it with the mod ( or use it at your own risk ). :shaun:

Why did you remove the '@' from your launch options. You NEED that '@' (unless you renamed the folder).

Because depending on where you look it says both without the @ and with it ( different info between wiki and readme)

Anyway tried with the @ but still no luck, i will try to paste all pbos inside the main addon folder to see what happens

You NEED that '@'

not really, the game looks for an "Addons" folder, it doesn't care where the folder itself sits. the '@' thing is just a convention

Could you remove the xml image off the rank patch? I think it was better without it.

Seconded, the XML looks odd in that spot.

not really, the game looks for an "Addons" folder, it doesn't care where the folder itself sits. the '@' thing is just a convention

Yes its a naming convention, but if the folder is called @Whatever, and he's trying to use -mod=Whatever; in his launch parameter its not going to work is it? That is the point I was trying to convey.

We've seen that at this point most of RHS assets may provoke CTD when using the A3 dev branch, so unfortunately we recommend to not use it with the mod ( or use it at your own risk ). :shaun:

I was once told by a wise man "Why use Dev branch to test the script? When you use Dev branch while testing a mod/script, you are testing the Dev branch"

I was once told by a wise man "Why use Dev branch to test the script? When you use Dev branch while testing a mod/script, you are testing the Dev branch"

Hm but if no one tests it in Dev branch, how do we know if the next update is going to break the mod?

Hm but if no one tests it in Dev branch, how do we know if the next update is going to break the mod?

1. it is important to specify which game branch one is using, otherwise we end up having someone from the developing wasting time trying to reproduce.

2. dev branch is not always gonna be implemented as it is in the stable. How do you know if the reported issues is related to RHS or dev branch (with an emphasis on DEV versus RC).

Again, if anyone is using any other branch (dev, RC etc) than current stable, please say so, none of us is a prophet.

3. more likely than not, people are using other mods besides RHS when reporting bugs towards RHS, without actually saying that they do so. See point one for wasted time hunting down something that is not there.

to conclude, make sure:

a) you are posting bugs @ www.feedback.rhsmods.org and NOT here on these forums

b) you are using latest released version of the mod and the latest stable build

c) you are NOT using any other mods.

if you, for whatever reason are using a different game branch and/or multiple other addons, please make sure to specify that. I personally advise a quick check with stable and RHS only before submitting a bug to RHS tracker.

2. dev branch is not always gonna be implemented as it is in the stable. How do you know if the reported issues is related to RHS or dev branch (with an emphasis on DEV versus RC).

Excellent point. Pity you have to keep reminding people not to mix mods when testing a new release or an existing one after a game update :(

Perhaps BIS could be persuaded to give full details in advance, once they've 'frozen' a build for release, of matters such as config or sound changes are likely to break mods & addons. A few days might make a world of difference.

Very disappointing for players and, I'm sure, very frustrating for the modders when an update breaks everything in sight. Lots of whinges cluttering up the forum, people having to drop everything they are working on...

I understand. I've been lucky up until now, but I guess it finally caught up with me.

I hate to bring that topic back but I think it's not worth the risk to spoil such a great mod for something that could be seen as questionable reference to ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine.

Yeah, I might be only one who sees them that way but I really tired of all that politics everywhere (this might explain why I see it in every pixel though :)).

please dont instigate the drama, we had this decal in our pack since 2009. It has zero reference to the current conflict.

please dont instigate the drama, we had this decal in our pack since 2009. It has zero reference to the current conflict.
I'm not saying that this decal is strongly related to the conflict, just saying that coincidence is somewhat unfortunate, from my point of view anyway. But if you say it's not related, alright, sorry (again :() for distracting you with my "See Politics Everywhere" perk. :)

There it is, ladies and gentlemen: an iconic weapon finally found its' way into the RHS US-Forces pack. The M1911A1 will be available with the next update. And as a small treat, the current model will be used to create a M45 MEUSOC.

rhs_promo_m1911_216uz5.jpg

There it is, ladies and gentlemen: an iconic weapon finally found its' way into the RHS US-Forces pack. The M1911A1 will be available with the next update. And as a small treat, the current model will be used to create a M45 MEUSOC.
Wow, that's one impressive model of a great firearm. Thank you for your amazing work guys! :D

Would totally enjoy playing with it even if references to political stuff will be scattered all over it. :p

@Sabre Yeah, I understand, it was a small self-irony. :)

@Sabre Ok, got it.

Edited by Semiconductor

Wow, that's one impressive model of a great firearm. Thank you for your amazing work guys! :D

Would totally enjoy playing with it even if references to political stuff will be scattered all over it. :p

Best of luck with your political aspirations, but this isn't the place.

@Sabre Yeah, I understand, it was a small self-irony. :)

Yeah I know too, and it was already explained to you.

Edited by Sabre

Hey there, as the upper arm armor pads (DAP) have been confirmed in the latest dev-branch, is it a possibility to be seeing them retextured/remade in the future for the US Army (specifically the UCP ones) as well? They make those US soldiers look really badass!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Interceptor_Body_Armor_(IBA).jpg (1596 kB)

Edited by 5harp5hot

Hey there, as the upper arm armor pads (DAP) have been confirmed in the latest dev-branch, is it a possibility to be seeing them retextured/remade for the US Army (specifically the UCP ones) as well? They make those US soldiers look really badass!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Interceptor_Body_Armor_(IBA).jpg (1596 kB)

To be honest we are trying to avoid re-textures, there is a chance of including our own model down the track though. One of those things we'll just have to wait and see.

To be honest we are trying to avoid re-textures, there is a chance of including our own model down the track though. One of those things we'll just have to wait and see.

That's perfectly fine, in fact that's great. It's awesome to see your teams' efforts in making things HQ and to your standards, instead of taking the easy route! :)

Wow, the legend is back! The 1911 looks perfect, as usual. What kind of M45 would you do? The old M45, Kimber ICQB or recently adopted Colt Rail Gun (M45A1)?

Hey there, as the upper arm armor pads (DAP) have been confirmed in the latest dev-branch, is it a possibility to be seeing them retextured/remade in the future for the US Army (specifically the UCP ones) as well? They make those US soldiers look really badass!http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c1/Interceptor_Body_Armor_(IBA).jpg (1596 kB)

Please no, I think there's a reason nobody in the service wears them.

IBA's were comfortable as fuck.

But that add-on shit...oh fuck no.