EDIT : I would also need to know if the ambiant music, custom weather and PP Color Corrections work for everyone or the host only (I presume they are broken too though...)! ;)

I can tell you that the music module didnt worked for the others - for me as the host it did tho.

First, thanks for nice mod, good job...

On the second I want to ask you, there is a way to make one Default Arma 3 in game color version of your mod/file, because of big Led Screen saturation is too much, and there few of us who do not prefer hard duo-tone setup.

Thank you

Hey Heleks,

You're free to look at my Ambient Music module, if you are having any difficulties. :)

First, thanks for nice mod, good job...

On the second I want to ask you, there is a way to make one Default Arma 3 in game color version of your mod/file, because of big Led Screen saturation is too much, and there few of us who do not prefer hard duo-tone setup.

Thank you

Press 0-0-1 to get the option to turn off colour filtering.

First off love the mod I really love that it's singleplayer and looking forward to MP but I was just wondering if there was any way to turn off radiation? I know it's a huge part of the ravage experience but I'd rather explore the whole map without having to worry about radiation. 

Keep up the good work :D Looking forward to updates!

Hey Haleks,

I'm having fun with my Chernarus Winter RAVAGE based SP mission.  Of course, I have the known problems with the street  lights being still on at night. On the other hand I'd like to report that radiation works for me on Chernarus Winter with CUP Terrains, at least with the triggers that I have manually placed and where I have put the radiation code in. That will be solved eventually I hope, as well as the addition of MP support.  

There are a few  things left in SP I wonder about and have not yet found a final answer here in the thread: 

1) Is the rate at which hunger weakens and, ultimately, kills you, configurable independently or at least together with the other needs by any means? I think the thirst counter is just fine, but I know from experience I won't die after two days without food. Only solution I found is setting the timescale to 1, but then again that is TOO easy for achieving a survival experience in playing. I know I can ramp up the amount of food items in the loot, but that's not my primary goal. I want a slower rate of hunger building up. 

2) Can I configure the amount of food/calories I receive from a nice fried rabbit or other food items so it is more than what was reported earlier in this thread?

That's it for today; keep up your great work! (Did I really read something about adding friendly survivor camps with trade function? Now THAT would be so cool!)

tourist

First off love the mod I really love that it's singleplayer and looking forward to MP but I was just wondering if there was any way to turn off radiation? I know it's a huge part of the ravage experience but I'd rather explore the whole map without having to worry about radiation. 

Keep up the good work :D Looking forward to updates!

Hi Kuthalex, welcome to the forum!

Currently there is no way to change the demo mission parameters; but since the incoming Eden Editor is much more practical regarding mission editing, I might provide a modified and unpacked mission file so you guys can have a look-see and change stuff with Eden. Meanwhile, several excellent missions have been made by Cosmic10r and Rsoftokz with different settings, you should check them out. ;)

Hey Haleks,

I'm having fun with my Chernarus Winter RAVAGE based SP mission.  Of course, I have the known problems with the street  lights being still on at night. On the other hand I'd like to report that radiation works for me on Chernarus Winter with CUP Terrains, at least with the triggers that I have manually placed and where I have put the radiation code in. That will be solved eventually I hope, as well as the addition of MP support.  

There are a few  things left in SP I wonder about and have not yet found a final answer here in the thread: 

1) Is the rate at which hunger weakens and, ultimately, kills you, configurable independently or at least together with the other needs by any means? I think the thirst counter is just fine, but I know from experience I won't die after two days without food. Only solution I found is setting the timescale to 1, but then again that is TOO easy for achieving a survival experience in playing. I know I can ramp up the amount of food items in the loot, but that's not my primary goal. I want a slower rate of hunger building up. 

2) Can I configure the amount of food/calories I receive from a nice fried rabbit or other food items so it is more than what was reported earlier in this thread?

That's it for today; keep up your great work! (Did I really read something about adding friendly survivor camps with trade function? Now THAT would be so cool!)

tourist

Yeah manually placed radiations will work, no matter the terrain; I haven't tried CUP nor Chernarus Winter yet, but from what I heard the location cfg was missing, preventing Ravage from spawning NPCs, wrecks & vehicles as well as Radiations. If either of these do spawn, that means it was fixed (either by CUP or Chernarus Winter author), in that case everything else should work all right.

About your questions : at the moment none of these features can be modified, but I've already tweaked the food values for various items on the current DEVbuild.

As for the slower hunger rate, I could go this way, but then I'd probably have to lower the food spawns a bit more - wich might end up becoming more frustrating than anything. In any case it's going to be a pain to balance, so things probably won't change for now, sorry.

Bear in mind that adding dogs creates a whole bunch of other problems.

Back in the day I tested out the dog functions in the DayZ mod. A lot of people wondered why dogs were almost added and then didn't appear in the released version.

Dogs don't really have any purpose. It's easy to add them and it's easy to add feeding and petting functions, but that's only amusing for five minutes. What comes after that? If dogs are to be useful, you'll want them to alert you to danger, find food and attack your enemies. Any one of those becomes a real problem to code.

If a dog is to find food, then you have to spawn loot at a greater distance (uh oh) and of course the dog should only scent food (uh oh). And what's the dog going to do when it does detect food? Fetch it for you? Lead you to it? Can it detect canned food? Or does it just detect rabbits? Either one of those is a hassle that will create a thousand new bugs. The best solution I could think of (the last time I thought about it) was to have the dog run off out of sight, spawn a dead rabbit in its mouth and have it return to you. That seemed like it would introduce the least bugs and coding problems, but even that's not without hassles.

If you want the dog to attack zombies, then it has to have pathfinding and attack animations. Which zombie does it attack first? What if there's a group of them? Can the zombies detect and attack the dog? Yikes. You could reason that the zombies are too dumb to be able to deal with a dog and just skip that, but that's going to seem pretty unrealistic eventually. And you really need the dog to stay by your side unless you tell it to attack otherwise it'll be off attacking zombies the whole time. Not to mention that that reduces the already slight danger from zombies to almost zero.

If you want the dog to attack NPCs, then you've got all those same problems, but you can't have NPCs ignore the dog. But if it runs in a straight line towards them, there's a pretty good chance of ending up with a dead dog almost every time. So you have to make the AI less accurate for dogs or come up with some other workaround. All this adds the potential for more bugs and gives the processor even more work to do.

So yeah, the idea of dogs sounds really good, but thinking about the reality presents an awful lot of problems.

The best way of using dogs that I could think of was to introduce them as enemies only. Have a (very) occasional pack of wild dogs for you to find. They're hostile and they attack in a group. They're faster than you, so you have to shoot fast or escape to higher ground. I think this could be a nice feature that really adds a rare 'oh shit!' moment to the game.

I think dogs are an example of when one should ignore  But those are just my thoughts.

Oh and a couple of years ago I made a video showing how dogs were almost included in DayZ, so you can see what they're like. It's in the spoiler below. I can't remember who made the mission file for me - maybe Above? It may even have been Haleks.

I agree.How about "rabid" dogs?Or even better...wolves?In the woods(especially in Europe) I'd think you'd stand a better chance of running into a pack of wolves/wild dogs than a pack of chickens/pet dogs.

@haleks: thanks for making things clear so quickly.  I will use the methods available within the current build of RAVAGE then to get more food in the loot. 

Regarding the spawns I can at least confirm that AI spawns work on the Chernarus Winter map.  I have encountered rabbits (gutting and roasting works fine), roaming bandit groups and renegades so far.  No friendly survivors yet, but maybe they are more scarce?  Also haven't found random wrecks yet.  Damaging editor placed vehicles via RAVAGE settings is working, though. 

I'll go back to tweaking my timescale and loot settings, then I guess the mission is ready for release!

• Like 1

@haleks: thanks for making things clear so quickly.  I will use the methods available within the current build of RAVAGE then to get more food in the loot. 

Regarding the spawns I can at least confirm that AI spawns work on the Chernarus Winter map.  I have encountered rabbits (gutting and roasting works fine), roaming bandit groups and renegades so far.  No friendly survivors yet, but maybe they are more scarce?  Also haven't found random wrecks yet.  Damaging editor placed vehicles via RAVAGE settings is working, though. 

I'll go back to tweaking my timescale and loot settings, then I guess the mission is ready for release!

Loot spawn  in Chernarus can be made to work by grabbing the various buildings' loot spawn positions from the Arma 2 DayZ mod code. Real easy.

B

For people, like Tourist, who are making their own missions, I would suggest that you consider using Kronzky's Support Call to help with testing.

It does several things:
Spawns items and vehicles (just default ones though)
Gets player, AI and vehicles unstuck
Skip time, change weather, other environmental adjustments
Detects friendly and hostile AI (very useful for testing out AI spawns)

http://www.kronzky.info/addons/supportcall/index.htm

Thank you for this great Mod! 

I'm really having a hard time to find some food or animals... Even tried to install some animal/hunting mods, no effect either. Since I installed ravage, I haven't seen one single rabbit or a food can. Is this meant to be so? Want to keep playing the mod, but the fun is going down while full equipped starving to death. Would be thankful for help.

Thank you for this great Mod! 

I'm really having a hard time to find some food or animals... Even tried to install some animal/hunting mods, no effect either. Since I installed ravage, I haven't seen one single rabbit or a food can. Is this meant to be so? Want to keep playing the mod, but the fun is going down while full equipped starving to death. Would be thankful for help.

Yes, the demo mission is supposed to be hard; your best chance is to hunt for NPCs.

What is the random spawn module that you use in the example mission?

What do you mean, are you talking about the AI spawns?

Almost all features from the template mission can be reproduced with Ravage modules.

Yes, the demo mission is supposed to be hard; your best chance is to hunt for NPCs.

What do you mean, are you talking about the AI spawns?

Almost all features from the template mission can be reproduced with Ravage modules.

No I mean the random spawn for the player. When you start the mission you are always in a different place. I'm making an and I want to add that feature. 

No I mean the random spawn for the player. When you start the mission you are always in a different place. I'm making an and I want to add that feature. 

Ah gotcha.

That one is a little script I wrote for the mission; I placed a few markers on the map, randomly select one, and then spawn the player at a random distance on a road.

I had thoughts about making a module of it, with several random spawn options, but it is a bit tedious to do (and in the end, the player/mission maker will always find better spawn points than the engine).

It's not hard it's impossible, I took out a raider camp, killed over 15 NCPs and not one of them had a can of food or soda/water (the building which contained over 10 suitcases had only handguns and empty cans). I died shortly after due to hunger. I even tried to gut their corpses with the gutting knife but it wouldn't work. It would be nice to catch rain water for drinking too.

Anyone else getting a no loot bug?  I restarted multiple times and eventually loot stops spawning in buildings.

Anyone else getting a no loot bug?  I restarted multiple times and eventually loot stops spawning in buildings.

If you are playing the demo mission v0.1.34, read the changelog, loot only spawns in buildings once a day.  ;)

If you are playing the demo mission v0.1.34, read the changelog, loot only spawns in buildings once a day.  ;)

Ya i knew that :) but its been 2 days and loot just stopped suddenly, it happened a few times and i have to restart the mission. Thought someone else might have had an issue.

Haleks i own Dayz standalone and just learned i can port chernaraus plus map from that game to my Arma3 addons folder and it should work...

My question is,is your loot and zombies going to spawn off/in the standalone maps building positions?

Ya i knew that :) but its been 2 days and loot just stopped suddenly, it happened a few times and i have to restart the mission. Thought someone else might have had an issue.

Could you PM me your latest RPT log next time this happens?

This has never been reported before, and I'm not sure I can reproduce this behaviour. :/

Haleks i own Dayz standalone and just learned i can port chernaraus plus map from that game to my Arma3 addons folder and it should work...

My question is,is your loot and zombies going to spawn off/in the standalone maps building positions?

The loot system won't work with buildings specific to DayZ, but might work with some of the old ones, provided that they didn't drastically change the configs.

Zombies however should work no problem and will most likely spawn around any of them buildings. ;)

The mod is giving me several  problems placing modules to create diary records.

http://imgur.com/dIZVCPD

Those are vanilla errors that pop up when placing certain modules in Editor mode, it's not related to Ravage as far as I know.

You can still place the module and use it; or you can try the RC branch and use the Eden 3d editor : it doesn't throw any error like that.

Those are vanilla errors that pop up when placing certain modules in Editor mode, it's not related to Ravage as far as I know.You can still place the module and use it; or you can try the RC branch and use the Eden 3d editor : it doesn't throw any error like that.

Aha, well good to know this.

Thanks.