Pssst, Cosmic! Stop smoking those zombies and update the you-know-what! :ph34r:

• Like 2

How long do you have to wait after the loading bar reaches maximum for the game to run ? I waited around 5 minutes before giving up. Did the Eden update break the mod ? It does just require the mod and CBA yes ?

@cosmic10r, coop is possible? , i have some friend ask me before buy arma 3

At the moment, not really.

But we're working on it and a major update should happen within the next weeks; see the previous pages for the changelog.

About MP,

We've been making great progress thanks to Cosmic and Evil Organ who've been extensively testing the MP dev build these last few days.

At the moment what is left to fix is the ambiant AI spawn module as well as a bunch of minor issues; Ravage MP is going to need balancing, but it already shows great potential...

@abarsby : Yes, it only requires CBA; does your problem occur with vanilla Arma3?

• Like 1

2016-02-25_00030_zps2lmtnkop.jpg

Nice to take a minute and enjoy the view... 

• Like 2

After me first edit

pCMIUwy.png

2DV7a8z.jpg

Yt16dIu.jpg

yeeJTAK.png

kV9Gdye.png

:(  I will try ahead

Note to self.....otherwise that could get expensive!!

05eb94ee611cd8f19c088835b71f56cc.jpg

• Like 1

As you may have guessed... the images in the last few pages are from MP on a dedicated server.

A couple for today. Videos will be coming. :)

2016-02-25_00053_zpssnsxuu1s.jpg

2016-02-25_00023_zpsm7zuowap.jpg

Haleks has been hard at work, so stay tuned!

• Like 4

can all players hear the zombies now ??? good work haleks !!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic, tourist and myself have been testing on a dedicated server the last few days.

So far........

Zombie spawn/sounds synced for all connected players -  :)

Zombie attack animations synced for all connected players -  :)

Loot spawn synced for all connected players -   :)

Water/Fuel sources synced for all connected players -   :)

Deployment/packing of sleeping bag synced for all connected players -   :)

Weather/time of day synced for all connected players -   :)

Create fire synced for all connected players -   :)

That's a lot of happy!

• Like 4

as for lan is there anyway of being able to save the database?

for example if me and brother wanted to continue where we left off kinda thing.

worth an ask i guess. 

Haleks hows things,i have an issue to report...

I was having issues with an "access violation error" and my game crashing alot. Upon further testing i figured out that it was centering around AI mods(certain ones which give ai ability to garison and find cover) Basically when AI engaged each other in towns my game crashed...with lightweight AI modifications like EBS from TPW which doesnt cause ai to garrison but does move them to cover positions when under fire,the game would crash after a few minutes...with vcom AI which sends units to garrison and find cover very quickly the game would crash immediatley when combat initiated in a town or villiage....

Then further testing i realised that this  ONLY happens on ALTIS(maybe stratis too) 

It racked my brains because i had no mod which changed Altis....then i thought of Ravage.

You have all the buildings retextured to be derilict and damaged...as far as i can tell this changes the size and even position of the buildings(as can be seen by the amount of clipping when in a town where buildings are lined up one by one).My theory is that the AI when being told to find cover or garrison(mainly through modded ways,but also iv noticed with vanilla behaviour) cannot find those positions and it causes the game to crash.(as a test,tell your own AI group members to move to a position in an Altis building,they cannot do it and dont complete the move order)I have been testing all day and fire fights in altis towns alway end in my game crashing with the access violation error....with mods for AI very quickly,and without ai mods after 20 minutes or so.

This maybe has not been reported to you yet because people playing Ravage most likely do not have alot of AI mods because lets face it,zombies dont really need that ;)

I wonder if you have any idea if my theory could be correct.

I can run my game on ALTIS fine without ravage,with it i get the above said results.Il try reverting to an older version and see if it helps but i would really like to narrow this issue down with your help.

Thanks again

Haleks hows things,i have an issue to report...

I was having issues with an "access violation error" and my game crashing alot. Upon further testing i figured out that it was centering around AI mods(certain ones which give ai ability to garison and find cover) Basically when AI engaged each other in towns my game crashed...with lightweight AI modifications like EBS from TPW which doesnt cause ai to garrison but does move them to cover positions when under fire,the game would crash after a few minutes...with vcom AI which sends units to garrison and find cover very quickly the game would crash immediatley when combat initiated in a town or villiage....

Then further testing i realised that this  ONLY happens on ALTIS(maybe stratis too) 

It racked my brains because i had no mod which changed Altis....then i thought of Ravage.

You have all the buildings retextured to be derilict and damaged...as far as i can tell this changes the size and even position of the buildings(as can be seen by the amount of clipping when in a town where buildings are lined up one by one).My theory is that the AI when being told to find cover or garrison(mainly through modded ways,but also iv noticed with vanilla behaviour) cannot find those positions and it causes the game to crash.(as a test,tell your own AI group members to move to a position in an Altis building,they cannot do it and dont complete the move order)I have been testing all day and fire fights in altis towns alway end in my game crashing with the access violation error....with mods for AI very quickly,and without ai mods after 20 minutes or so.

This maybe has not been reported to you yet because people playing Ravage most likely do not have alot of AI mods because lets face it,zombies dont really need that ;)

I wonder if you have any idea if my theory could be correct.

I can run my game on ALTIS fine without ravage,with it i get the above said results.Il try reverting to an older version and see if it helps but i would really like to narrow this issue down with your help.

Thanks again

When did you first notice this? Was it happening before Arma3 1.56?

The reason I'm asking this is because BIS changed the way event handlers work : you can now stack them without overriding existing ones wich might cause issues with zombies and other addons.

I will try to fix this EH thing; does it also happen without zombies on the map?

One thing worth noting : AI mods aren't necessarilly what's causing your crashes.

A few months ago, I was experiencing constant crashes near towns on Altis. After hours of tests I finally found out that it was caused by an old version of JSRS I was using (before LJ stopped using scripts).

From what I could see it was a problem with gunshots and echo calculations near urban areas.

I updated to the script-free version of Dragonfyre and it was the end of my problems.

Could you provide a list of mods you were using or a RPT file for one of those sessions?

I will try to reproduce this; I could also provide you with a modified config file without the custom buildings if you want to try.

When did you first notice this? Was it happening before Arma3 1.56?

The reason I'm asking this is because BIS changed the way event handlers work : you can now stack them without overriding existing ones wich might cause issues with zombies and other addons.

I will try to fix this EH thing; does it also happen without zombies on the map?

One thing worth noting : AI mods aren't necessarilly what's causing your crashes.

A few months ago, I was experiencing constant crashes near towns on Altis. After hours of tests I finally found out that it was caused by an old version of JSRS I was using (before LJ stopped using scripts).

From what I could see it was a problem with gunshots and echo calculations near urban areas.

I updated to the script-free version of Dragonfyre and it was the end of my problems.

Could you provide a list of mods you were using or a RPT file for one of those sessions?

I will try to reproduce this; I could also provide you with a modified config file without the custom buildings if you want to try.

I would be happy to attept the modified file without the custom buildings. Send it on when you have the time.

With regards to when i noticed this,it was after the recent update,it happens with or without zombies on the map. I also thought it was a sound mod causing this so i removed any mod sound related as a first test...removed all mods and tested and i could play the scenario for about 20 minutes,perfect fps,and then a sudden crash. With an Ai mod and ravage together on Altis its instant or near instant crash to desktop. 

The mods i have tested with this(i also tested without them) are as follows

FACTIONS:

RHS US AND RU

Massi spetsnas/USMC

CAF aggressors(another culprit i thought initialy as it throws up errors and has not been updated lately)

MAPS;

A3MP

helvantis

bronholm

kunduz

esseker

WEAPONS:

HLC mp5/aug/AK

Massi weapon pack

P90 weapon pack

WW2 weapon pack

MISC:

MCC

TPW(most features off)

Vcom AI (DIDNT USE TWO AI MODS TOGETHER)

WWAI MENU

L_X shake

Mag repack

Blastcore...and Blastcore smoke fix

Eden enhanced(which i also took out initially)

All my tests were conduucted using vanilla assets,no scripts or triggers or anything only a few groups with editor made waypoints leading them to each other to begin a fire fight and then i would get an instant crash or soon after.

Set the scenario up in the 2D editor.

If you need more info let me know,in meantime il try to get the logs but i have issues accessing that folder at the moment.

Ravage should work fine on tis own.

I have been using it with FoA without any issue, but i can't speak for vcom.

I would ditch most of those mods and work up in sets.

Start with player adjusting one like maprepack, then go to weapons, then try maps

does that really mean you are using A3mp still?

it may be time to switch to CUP terrains Red!  :P

Ravage should work fine on tis own.

I have been using it with FoA without any issue, but i can't speak for vcom.

I would ditch most of those mods and work up in sets.

Start with player adjusting one like maprepack, then go to weapons, then try maps

does that really mean you are using A3mp still?

it may be time to switch to CUP terrains Red!  :P

Everytime i try the link to cup terrains my download fails...maybe its my location or something but i gave up on trying.

I actually did uninstall the mods in categories like you say Cosmic.

Im not really wanting to use AI mods i just took a peak at vcom and i stumbled on the constant crashing.I then realised i would crash anyway periodically with ravage.Im still here testing...i actually downloaded a script which replaces the majority of cherno buildings with Altis buildings and tested there too. And there is crashing with the buildings present on that map too.

Everytime i try the link to cup terrains my download fails...maybe its my location or something but i gave up on trying.

I actually did uninstall the mods in categories like you say Cosmic.

Im not really wanting to use AI mods i just took a peak at vcom and i stumbled on the constant crashing.I then realised i would crash anyway periodically with ravage.Im still here testing...i actually downloaded a script which replaces the majority of cherno buildings with Altis buildings and tested there too. And there is crashing with the buildings present on that map too.

Hmm that makes me think its A3mp even more.  Im using steam for CUP. its the only mods I use steam for because its easier to keep them updated with their size.

Have you tried steam for the terrains?

• Like 1

Hmm that makes me think its A3mp even more.  Im using steam for CUP. its the only mods I use steam for because its easier to keep them updated with their size.

Have you tried steam for the terrains?

I dont suppose my scenarios created with A3MP will be able to be loaded and played with CUP terrains would they?

I dont suppose my scenarios created with A3MP will be able to be loaded and played with CUP terrains would they?

When I converted from AiATP it all seemed to work fine. Not sure about A3MP but it would depend on classnames of objects etc. Hopefully ... 

When I converted from AiATP it all seemed to work fine. Not sure about A3MP but it would depend on classnames of objects etc. Hopefully ... 

il tell ya in five minutes..download actually completed on armaholic ;)

Last few pics b4 the videos start ...

The zombie brought his friends, the post said "Bring Friends", So  I brought mine... Thats Tourist running up on the  left there... duck dood!

BroughtFriends_zpsijdwlgmu.png

I dunno why EO wants to sleep on the zombie carcass... kind of weird if you ask me  :P 

2016-02-25_00028_zps32scajoi.jpg

Doctor. You can go on your break... EO did a projectile lobotomy!

2016-02-25_00041_zpsqigwmulw.jpg

• Like 8

Is there any way to disable radiation zones in the default singleplayer mission for Altis?

I really like the STALKER'ish atmosphere, however as opposed to radiation being an inconvenience that you can unrealistically drink out of your system with vodka, it can get pretty annoying if you accidentally stumble into some irradiated area and slowly succumb to its effects.

• Like 1

Is there any way to disable radiation zones in the default singleplayer mission for Altis?

I really like the STALKER'ish atmosphere, however as opposed to radiation being an inconvenience that you can unrealistically drink out of your system with vodka, it can get pretty annoying if you accidentally stumble into some irradiated area and slowly succumb to its effects.

You can remake the mission using the ravage modules in the editor, and gives loads of options to change stuff like turning off radiation.

• Like 1

There is no option to disable radiation zones within the demo mission, however you can create your own Ravage experience with the modules included within the mod. 

Edit......ninja'd by Sgt.Smash.  :ph34r:

• Like 3